582 replies to this topic

#346 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

The Good Place with Ted Danson on Netflix is pretty dope.

• TAP likes this
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#347 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

The Good Place with Ted Danson on Netflix is pretty dope.

Yeah, I just binged both seasons right through with the last few on Network TV. Really funny

Show me your dragon magic

#348 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

Jesus Christ Superstar on NBC was great. (Also the dude who was Judas is same dude who called out Pence at Hamilton in 2016)

#349 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:24 AM

Anybody watch Veep? I finally got around to binge watching the last season. Its went into decline. I knew it was going to when they started taking it in a different direction? She went from being Veep....to the prez....to nothing. Why even call it Veep?

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#350 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:00 AM

Anybody watch Veep? I finally got around to binge watching the last season. Its went into decline. I knew it was going to when they started taking it in a different direction? She went from being Veep....to the prez....to nothing. Why even call it Veep?

It's on my mental to-watch list...I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#351 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:59 AM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#352 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

Shows I'm watching: The Expanse, Marcella, Roseanne, Lost in Space reboot, Twin Peaks (bogged down near end of season 2) and Westworld when I find some time to watch season 2 opener.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#353 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

I'm about 5 episodes in. Wow what a docuseries. Don't miss this one:

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#354 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:00 AM

ORPHAN BLACK.

Tatiana Maslany is brilliant.

Just finished first season. Can't wait for next one.

#iThing #word

TAP, did you ever finish this series?  I watched something like two seasons + two episodes and gave up.   Started it again tonight, on demand...if you feel it was worthwhile, I'll push through.  Felt like they had a great idea and then it got really weird.

Sister burn the temple

#355 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

TAP, did you ever finish this series?  I watched something like two seasons + two episodes and gave up.   Started it again tonight, on demand...if you feel it was worthwhile, I'll push through.  Felt like they had a great idea and then it got really weird.

I did not, I gave up around the end of season 3 I think. It suffers from the same problem as many TV shows which start great - a good idea for season 1, has to be outdone by increasingly absurd and complex plots for subsequent seasons. I honestly couldn't even tell you what was happening by the end of what I watched.

#356 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

I did not, I gave up around the end of season 3 I think. It suffers from the same problem as many TV shows which start great - a good idea for season 1, has to be outdone by increasingly absurd and complex plots for subsequent seasons. I honestly couldn't even tell you what was happening by the end of what I watched.

Good to know.  Agreed on the TV trend.  Back when they were doing 24, the first season, they only had half a season written and when the full season got picked up they had to figure out how to pull their plotlines together...so there are things that just make zero sense.  I kind of hate that about TV...a great idea isn't enough...you need to know where you're going and what you're trying to say.

• TAP likes this
Sister burn the temple

#357 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Sounds like LOST.

• TAP likes this
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#358 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

Good to know.  Agreed on the TV trend.  Back when they were doing 24, the first season, they only had half a season written and when the full season got picked up they had to figure out how to pull their plotlines together...so there are things that just make zero sense.  I kind of hate that about TV...a great idea isn't enough...you need to know where you're going and what you're trying to say.

There's some great American TV last few years but it's still slave to ratings which gets weird with amazon/netflix/hulu etc. Gonna binge watch The Expanse season 3 soon, great show - but just got canceled then picked up by amazon so who knows what compromises they might have to make.

#359 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:49 AM

TV has really eclipsed film as a medium.  Movies are such shit these days.  It's all so tired and rehashed. 

Sister burn the temple

#360 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Guess I'll savor the 2-3 remaining new Roseanne episodes I haven't watched yet...

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users