#76 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

Even if he raises the debt ceiling that way, we could still get downgraded which will ultimately raise our deficits because of increased interest. This is what makes me so friggin angry about these teabaggers. They scream about debt and defecits but are about to compound the problem with their sheer stupidity.

I heard something today on American Left radio. They said the Republicans want to force the President to use the 14th amendment to raise the debt limit because they think it would be an impeachable offense. Just what we'd need is to waste money on another impeachment.

There are a couple of different scenarios here. One is that if Obama uses that to end this bullshit he may be seen as a leader by many Americans. A take charge guy who said "Fuck it, this is what we are doing to keep America safe." It could make the GOP look bad and Obama look strong.

The other is that the GOP also look like huge dickheads (not a tough thing to do) by spending money and time trying to impeach him rather than help the economy. They already poll horrible and this is going to make them look even worse. I honestly don't think that Boehner wants this, I think he's would rather raise taxes and cut spending, but his 'bagger base has him by the balls.

I think no matter what Obama does, he's screwed. His approval rating is dismal, he's stuck in a rock & a hard place.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#77 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

There are a couple of different scenarios here. One is that if Obama uses that to end this bullshit he may be seen as a leader by many Americans. A take charge guy who said "Fuck it, this is what we are doing to keep America safe." It could make the GOP look bad and Obama look strong.

The other is that the GOP also look like huge dickheads (not a tough thing to do) by spending money and time trying to impeach him rather than help the economy. They already poll horrible and this is going to make them look even worse. I honestly don't think that Boehner wants this, I think he's would rather raise taxes and cut spending, but his 'bagger base has him by the balls.

I totally agree with everything you're saying.

#78 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

I think no matter what Obama does, he's screwed. His approval rating is dismal, he's stuck in a rock & a hard place.

Remember when put up against any GOP candidate Obama wins. And those are all imaginary candidates right now. The biggest problem this administration has is the inability to sell their accomplishments. They allow the GOP to define (ie lie) what they've done instead. How do you think Bush would have acted if he nailed OBL? They would have covered it for 6 months on Fox, and put him in a jump suit again and plastered "Mission Accomplished AGAIN" all over it. Obama takes the high road and acts like a gentleman to his detriment.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#79 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Obama takes the high road and acts like a gentleman to his detriment.

And that's how a president should be. Too bad the majority of americans are a bunch of ignorant inbreds.

#80 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

Obama takes the high road and acts like a gentleman to his detriment.

And that's how a president should be. Too bad the majority of americans are a bunch of ignorant inbreds.

We live in the era of short attention spans, reality TV and people who want to be spoon fed their information.

#81 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

Thinking again, remember how fucking stupid Bush was and he got voted again in 2004. Obama could very well lose.

#82 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

Thinking again, remember how fucking stupid Bush was and he got voted again in 2004. Obama could very well lose.

See? Our citizens do not vote for "the thinking man's man".

#83 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

Am I understanding correctly that the Dem plan also does not include revenue increases? Is this true? I need to go read up on this....if so. Posted Image

#84 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

[blockquote]President Barack Obama is seeking legislation to raise the government's $14.3 trillion debt limit by enough to tide the Treasury over until after the 2012 elections. He has threatened to veto any legislation that would allow a recurrence of the current crisis next year but has agreed to Republican demands that deficits be cut — without tax increases — in exchange for additional U.S. borrowing authority.[/blockquote] I can't believe what wimps the Dems are being here. Absolutely unreal.

#85 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

[blockquote]President Barack Obama is seeking legislation to raise the government's $14.3 trillion debt limit by enough to tide the Treasury over until after the 2012 elections. He has threatened to veto any legislation that would allow a recurrence of the current crisis next year but has agreed to Republican demands that deficits be cut — without tax increases — in exchange for additional U.S. borrowing authority.[/blockquote]
I can't believe what wimps the Dems are being here. Absolutely unreal.

...except he and the Dems can go into 2012 and say, with 100% truth, that not a single person's taxes went up on their watch, regardless of GOP tax/fear mongering to the contrary.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#86 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

That's true I guess. However in the meantime they cut programs that Americans needed the most, doing the dirty work for the GOP, who are going to work tirelessly to dismantle them over the next decade or so I'm sure. Protect the rich and fuck everybody else. I'd assume that he would raise the taxes after 2012, if he can hold his presidency and the Dems can retake the majority (which I see as likely at this point, given the poor polling numbers for the GOP Congress.)

#87 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

just seems both parties are putting their egos and future elections in front of doing whats right. Can't compromise for fear of losing party support... just terrifying the way politics are today.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#88 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Politics have always been with this underlined concept ,D.^

#89 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Did you guys see or hear this?????

http://coloradopols.com/

Rep Doub Lamborn ® referring to the president as a tar baby? "....it's like touching a tar baby..." I heard the audio & I honestly can't tell if he said "him" or "them". That's just FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS!!!! And nothing has been said about it!

P.S. Here's a link to him speaking. He DOES say him. Fucking piece of shit.

http://thinkprogress...ing-a-tar-baby/

#90 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

^ the scary thing is that such blatant racism is acceptable now. i wonder if it ever went away. i listened to the entire interview (all13:00+/- of it) with Lamborn. No one calls him on his racist epithet and both he and the radio hosts just blather on about Obama...it's some scary shit, this type of character assassination - I've never seen such organized "let's take him down' mentality towards a President. Such seriously hateful stuff...

Here're a few more Lamborn-gems:
" [The debt ceiling] does have to be raised sooner or later"
"I won't" [compromise on the debt]." What do you want to bet he voted for the current deal?
States that part of Sen. Reid's plan included cutting defense spending by one trillion dollars. ???? ...and, "that won't be good for our standing in the world." WTF, is he serious?

Oh, in case you may want to check out the interview:

Pretty sickening.
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users