wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

Wisconsin Recalls 2011: Voters Head To Polls For First General Election Contest

Yeah, Hansen won.....victory clap. He gets to keep his seat. Pasch also won against the fake 80-something year old Dem that ran, that primary was like last week I think. I just want to watch Darling get fucking crushed in the general election. Stupid bitch. Pardon my language.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#62 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#63 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

If Obama backs off these debt talks and only addresses one side of the ledger, spending, I'm going to be pissed. Even worse, if he agrees to a short term fix, allowing the GOP to attack him again during election season I'll be severely disappointed in his ability to negotiate. Why do the Dems always try and act like gentleman here? They did with Bush and they do now. The GOP doesn't give two shits about them. Do you think Bush's administration would be bending over backwards to try and compromise with the Dems on anything??? Please. Taking the high road only makes you look weak and yields shitty results.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#64 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the US may lose it's AAA rating even if an agreement is made.

#65 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the US may lose it's AAA rating even if an agreement is made.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Or that the president will have to use the 14th amendment to get the debt ceiling raised. They said on TV last night that the government can send social security checks out up to the 10th of August, but not after....which means my husband will get his but I won't get mine. I HATE the uncertainty that the Tea Party people are making us live under with their refusal to bargain in good faith and raise the damn debt ceiling. Better yet, the budget and the debt ceiling questions shouldn't even be in the same bill---that's the way it's been done many times in the past.

If we lose our AAA rating, that will be hard on the reality state business and anything else that requires large loans.

#66 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

If Obama backs off these debt talks and only addresses one side of the ledger, spending, I'm going to be pissed. Even worse, if he agrees to a short term fix, allowing the GOP to attack him again during election season I'll be severely disappointed in his ability to negotiate.

Why do the Dems always try and act like gentleman here? They did with Bush and they do now. The GOP doesn't give two shits about them. Do you think Bush's administration would be bending over backwards to try and compromise with the Dems on anything??? Please. Taking the high road only makes you look weak and yields shitty results.

I wholeheartedly agree. There's no reason for a short-term fix, they've been working on this for months. Get w/it goddammit already! And screw agreeing to only spending cuts. The GOP shits have to compromise, that's it. I'm tired of Dems pussy footing around all the time. Where is their backbone? Jesus, get me in Congress, they'll never know what hit 'em.

#67 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

If Obama backs off these debt talks and only addresses one side of the ledger, spending, I'm going to be pissed. Even worse, if he agrees to a short term fix, allowing the GOP to attack him again during election season I'll be severely disappointed in his ability to negotiate.

Why do the Dems always try and act like gentleman here? They did with Bush and they do now. The GOP doesn't give two shits about them. Do you think Bush's administration would be bending over backwards to try and compromise with the Dems on anything??? Please. Taking the high road only makes you look weak and yields shitty results.

I wholeheartedly agree. There's no reason for a short-term fix, they've been working on this for months. Get w/it goddammit already! And screw agreeing to only spending cuts. The GOP shits have to compromise, that's it. I'm tired of Dems pussy footing around all the time. Where is their backbone? Jesus, get me in Congress, they'll never know what hit 'em.

The problem is that the Republicans hold all the power in the House right now. Nothing will get passed that they don't want to get passed. All Obama can really do is refuse to sign bills. I really hate, though, that the Democrats keep backing down from raising taxes on the wealthy. No matter how much they give them in spending cuts, it won't be enough. The Tea Party wants to completely de-fund all the safety nets and oversight programs in the federal government. What really needs to happen is for the Republican main-streamers and party establishment to get the balls to force the Tea Partiers to start their own party and leave the Republicans alone. I

#68 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

The problem is that the Republicans hold all the power in the House right now. Nothing will get passed that they don't want to get passed. All Obama can really do is refuse to sign bills. I really hate, though, that the Democrats keep backing down from raising taxes on the wealthy. No matter how much they give them in spending cuts, it won't be enough. The Tea Party wants to completely de-fund all the safety nets and oversight programs in the federal government. What really needs to happen is for the Republican main-streamers and party establishment to get the balls to force the Tea Partiers to start their own party and leave the Republicans alone. I

So how is this going to be fixed I wonder? I mean, it seems the only option is 1. agree to the 6 month short term fix & then we spend another 6 months squabbling all over again & nothing gets fixed yet again or 2. default. I mean, there are no other options.

#69 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

So how is this going to be fixed I wonder? I mean, it seems the only option is 1. agree to the 6 month short term fix & then we spend another 6 months squabbling all over again & nothing gets fixed yet again or 2. default. I mean, there are no other options.

Default and then they have a week's worth of money to tide us over while the president uses the 14th amendment to raise the debt ceiling without the need for the senate and house. That can't be invoked until we default and has never been done, so there will be all hell for the president to pay if he does it. This is plan C.

I just read an article about Boehner and Cantor having a hard time getting their own people behind the Republican plan...just too many of them who actually want to default, who don't understand how the debt ceiling actually works---like THAT'S actually going to help lower the national debt to default. If those assholes only raise it for 6 months and put us all through this again I will be spitting nails. The last time they ran the debt ceiling debate right up to the wire we put off buying a car, not knowing if we'd get our S.S. checks. It can't help the economy to keep everyone guessing on the future. It effects federal worker's paychecks, the military paychecks, S.S., Medicare payments to doctors, bond holders and sales, and the list goes on.

#70 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Even if he raises the debt ceiling that way, we could still get downgraded which will ultimately raise our deficits because of increased interest. This is what makes me so friggin angry about these teabaggers. They scream about debt and defecits but are about to compound the problem with their sheer stupidity.

#71 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

I also tend to think the GOP got more than they bargained with, with the 'baggers. They rode that wave to a 2010 win, but now they have to answer to them. There is currently close to a billion dollar short against the market right now. I can't imagine any firm would put up that type of risk if they didn't anticipate a downgrade. Somebody knows something...

#72 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

#73 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Even if he raises the debt ceiling that way, we could still get downgraded which will ultimately raise our deficits because of increased interest. This is what makes me so friggin angry about these teabaggers. They scream about debt and defecits but are about to compound the problem with their sheer stupidity.

I heard something today on American Left radio. They said the Republicans want to force the President to use the 14th amendment to raise the debt limit because they think it would be an impeachable offense. Just what we'd need is to waste money on another impeachment.

#74 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

I heard something today on American Left radio. They said the Republicans want to force the President to use the 14th amendment to raise the debt limit because they think it would be an impeachable offense. Just what we'd need is to waste money on another impeachment.

Only Republicans would preach the Constitution and then claim that acting in accordance with it is an impeachable offense. Posted Image

Of course, the 14th Amendment is far from clear...
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#75 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

There are a couple of different scenarios here. One is that if Obama uses that to end this bullshit he may be seen as a leader by many Americans. A take charge guy who said "Fuck it, this is what we are doing to keep America safe." It could make the GOP look bad and Obama look strong.

The other is that the GOP also look like huge dickheads (not a tough thing to do) by spending money and time trying to impeach him rather than help the economy. They already poll horrible and this is going to make them look even worse. I honestly don't think that Boehner wants this, I think he's would rather raise taxes and cut spending, but his 'bagger base has him by the balls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)