#1141 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

Best wishes to John McCain, with his unfortunate diagnosis.  I'm sure the President wishes him well, also.

j5cffb7v_1oih0qx_kd5ngi.png

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#1142 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

18-year-old YouTuber fooled Fox News by pretending to be 'antifa' and calling a police horse a 'racist Trump supporter'

(Jesse Watters featured BGKumbi on his July 15 show.YouTube Screenshot (President Trump News Breaking News)) 
When Fox News host Jesse Watters brought who he thought was an anti-Trump militant onto his show, he probably didn't expect to get trolled by an 18-year-old YouTuber.

A guest under the name of "Kevin" was first featured on Watters' World on July 15, Mediate reports. Claiming that "Kevin" was a member of the antifa leftist militant group, Watters skyped him in and asked him questions about an open letter he had claimed to write.

"It is time for liberals and progressives to lose their illusions about the anarchist movement and our tactics because, quite frankly, you have no one else willing to fight for you," the letter said.

Watters then tried to confront "Kevin" about instances of violence at antifa demonstrations and the opinons expressed in the letter. "Kevin" went on to blame specific instances of violence against "right-wing inflitrators," but say generally that violence was the proper defense against "racists and xenophobes" in what he called the "Drumpf" administration. 

When asked by Watters if a police horse that had been stabbed earlier that week by a member of the antifa was a "racist Trump supporter," "Kevin" replied "yes," adding that the horse was "a tool of the police," who he said had become "increasingly intolerant."

But "Kevin" was actually BGKumbi, an 18-year-old vlogger with 27,000 followers on YouTube, who then posted the segment to his prank-heavy YouTube channel under the "comedy" label.  

Some of BGKumbi's most well-known stunts include using a stuffed sailor doll named "Wilson" to prank call someone, wearing a trash bag on his head, and posting a video in which he "declares war" on the site 4chan.

That said, the unveiling of BGKumbi's identity did little to stop viewers from latching onto the horse nugget, with prominent alt-right Twitter users such as Paul Joseph Watson retweeting the clip as evidence against the antifa.

Dear mother of God...

I weep for mankind.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#1143 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#1144 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

Of all the questions I never thought I'd have to ask...how do you all feel about Confederate monuments?

Sister burn the temple

#1145 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

They have their place. There was some controversy last year when Louisville moved a monument off 3rd St. with plans to put it somewhere? I thought then that it should be moved to the Battlefield at Perryville(which has monuments to Union dead, but I don't think any for the South), or the Confederate section of the cemetery. It's still in storage.

Lexington is in the process of moving one of John Hunt Morgan(the Thunderbolt of the Confederacy), and John Cabel Breckenridge, that sits on the old courthouse lawn(now a history museum). The Morgan monument is a life size of him on his mount, Bess, in uniform. The Breckenridge is a life size of him in civilian attire. He was the Vice President under Buchanan and a senator and congressman from the state, but was expelled from the senate in 1861 for joining the Confederate cause and his pro-southern advocacy, and he eventually became Sec. of War in the waning days of the Confederacy.

I originally thought that the Morgan should be moved to Perryville even though he didn't fight in that battle(Bragg's invasion of the North), but the Breckenridge should stay where it is at(Cheapside), but apparently the powers that be have now decided to move both of them to Veteran's Park to be along side two Union monuments already located there; along with monuments to the dead of other wars.

The new plan is probably the best of both worlds as both sides are appeased, but I still think the Breckenridge monument should stay where it's at(Cheapside). Interestingly, Cheapside(area beside the old courthouse) was one of the largest slave markets in the world, but, so far, there have been no calls to remove the historical markers noting that fact.

There have also been calls to remove the bust of Jef Davis from the Capitol Rotunda, and a movement to rename Davis Hall on the Transylvania campus(oldest college west of the Alleghenies and Davis' alma mater), but nothing has come of it.

edit: also, to just note, the small town I grew up in settled the issue in the 1870s by putting the monument to the southern dead in the cemetery where they are all buried.

edit ll: monument of Gen. Morgan on old courthouse lawn.

uCgiRTF.jpg

the one of Breckenridge on the other side of the courthouse(Cheapside).

HdEPaVn.jpg

and the one in the cemetery where I grew up.

mMOduwB.jpg

#1146 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

I"d have to say that 80% of me doesn't give a shit about this issue.  I don't know why it's become a flashpoint, except that people are offended by everything these days.  No, I don't think we need to be using tax money to make NEW Confederate monuments, but the old are history and removal of them is a whitewash of history, which I generally oppose.  The portion of me that has any understanding of this says that, if they've become offensive then they do belong in museums, to preserve that history.  And as much as I get why they're offensive to some people...well, what isn't?  A good chunk of our presidents had slaves and as much as that was awful, they also did great things.  No need to be black and white about it. 

Sister burn the temple

#1147 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

I will never not be amused by people waving confederate flags and swastikas telling anti -Trump people to 'get over' losing.

Show me your dragon magic

#1148 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

I grew up with rebel flags all around me. On hats, on t shirts, trucks...you name it. And all of those kids I knew who proudly displayed their "south will rise again" attire were racist rednecks. That's what I know about rebel flags in my experience. I can't say I ever met one who said it was about preserving southern heritage. In my experience is was a group of people, most who lived in rural areas, that held on to these horrible beliefs. 

#1149 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

I grew up with rebel flags all around me. On hats, on t shirts, trucks...you name it. And all of those kids I knew who proudly displayed their "south will rise again" attire were racist rednecks.

I didn't realize you grew up in the South.

I can't say I ever met one who said it was about preserving southern heritage.

Or did you? That all I ever heard.

In my experience is was a group of people, most who lived in rural areas, that held on to these horrible beliefs. 

Yep, guess you did.

#1150 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:49 AM

White supremacist forum site Stormfront seized by domain hosts

:D

#1151 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

If Katrina hit New Orleans as God's punishment for our gayness, then how do we explain Harvey hitting Texas...twice.

Sister burn the temple

#1152 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Wow! What a piece of shit.

rrEevNt.png

#1153 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

#1154 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

I bet he still thinks it's worth it.

Sister burn the temple

#1155 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

rocket_man.jpg

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users