BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Why, I thought he'd been dead for years. Posted Image
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#47 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." -Mark Twain

#48 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." -Mark Twain

I'm gonna steal that.

#49 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

CIA warning to brace for revenge.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#50 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

Interesting obituary in the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.c...n-obituary.html

#51 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

'I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it'
Computer programmer unwittingly tweets description of operation which killed al-Qaida leader

computer programmer, startled by a helicopter clattering above his quiet Pakistani town early Monday, did what any social-media addict would do: he began sending messages to Twitter.
With his tweets, 33-year-old Sohaib Athar (@ReallyVirtual), who moved to Abbottabad to escape the big city,inadvertently recorded the end of a worldwide manhunt for the man held responsible for orchestrating the September 11, 2001 attacks.

"Uh oh, now I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it," he tweeted.

Athar, a resident of the town where Osama bin Laden was holed up, thought the helicopter flying overhead was unusual enough to post it on his Twitter account.

That first tweet was innocuous: "Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event)."

When he heard a loud bang that shook his windows, he wrote that he hoped "its not the start of something nasty."

The noise alarmed Athar, who had moved to the upscale area of Abbottabad to get away from city life after his wife and child were badly injured in a car accident in the sprawling city of Lahore, according to his blog in July.

As the operation to kill bin Laden unfolded, Athar liveblogged what he was hearing in real time.

He questioned whose helicopters might be flying overhead. "The few people online at this time of the night are saying one of the copters was not Pakistani," he tweeted.

Throughout the battle, he related the rumors swirling through town: it was a training accident. Somebody was killed. The aircraft might be a drone. The army was conducting door-to-door searches in the surrounding area. The sound of an airplane could be heard overhead.

Athar then said one of the aircraft appeared to have been shot down. Two more helicopters rushed in, he reported, and gunfire and explosions rocked the air above the town.

Soon Athar's tweets earned him 14,000 new followers as he unwittingly described the U.S. operation to kill one of the world's most wanted militants.

After liveblogging and speculating for several hours over what happened, it dawned on Athar and those following him that they were witnessing bin Laden's final moments.

"I think the helicopter crash in Abbottabad, Pakistan and the President Obama breaking news address are connected," said one of Athar's followers.

Continued
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#52 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Fake:

Posted Image

Of course, some will see this obvious fake (probably made my some 12 year old kid before running off to school this morning) as evidence that the entire event did not happen.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#53 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

Good timing in terms of Obama's reelection campaign. Whatever, some guy is just going to take over bin Laden's position, there's always someone else out there waiting in the wings. P.S. Why the burial at sea?
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#54 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

I bet the royal family are going to think twice, next time they consider not inviting a president to a wedding.
Show me your dragon magic

#55 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

P.S. Why the burial at sea?

Yep, al Qaeda will come with blood lust regardless, so we should've cremated his ass... ofter exhibiting the corpse for a few days. Fuck those assholes!

#56 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

P.S. Why the burial at sea?

I thought it was so any burial site on land or even ashes couldn't be used for any sort of 'shrine' purposes.
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#57 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

I saw this written somewhere:

What was the last thing to go through Osama's mind? His eyeball. hahahaha

#58 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators