Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Good grief, people are truly retarded
http://motherjones.c...t-wing-reaction

Among those who took the president at his word, the jihadis and right-wingers expressed anger...albeit for different reasons. Some Muslims suspected that Bin Laden had been defiled, in life and in death. "Brothers and Sisters," wrote one IA poster, "ive recieved disturbing news that the Sheikh was tortured before being shot, Their are videos reportedly surfacing of...a plunger being stuck in his rectum before being shot... MAY ALLAH destroy these barbarian kuffar."

Conservatives, on the other hand, were concerned that the sea-burial plan, undertaken according to Muslim edicts, was too respectful an epilogue for a terrorist. "This is pathetic and I am sick of kissing up to Muslims, of which our president is one," wrote dayglored on Free Republic. "Muslim and Arab leaders all over the world are threatening the USA, and endorsing the slaughter of Christians and Jews on a daily basis. This is not an ending, this does not satisfy justice."

Free Republic user imfrmdixie agreed that Obama was playing politics, but added an Islamophobic twist. "Who wants to bet Obama didn't know a thing about this when it happened," he wrote. "He claims he all but pulled the trigger in his earlier Me! Me! Me! speech but I suspect we kept it from him out of fear he'd blab to his Muslim Brotherhood/AQ buddies."
Show me your dragon magic

#62 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

People use anything and everything for political ends. I do think the burial at sea was a great move. There is no grave site for militants to flock to. The US attempted to abide by his religion even though he was one of most heinous villains, that says alot. We don't drag bodies through the street no matter how satisfying it would be to have Osama's head on a stake outside the White House.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#63 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hitch....
http://www.slate.com/id/2292687/

#64 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

I do think the burial at sea was a great move. There is no grave site for militants to flock to. The US attempted to abide by his religion even though he was one of most heinous villains, that says alot. We don't drag bodies through the street no matter how satisfying it would be to have Osama's head on a stake outside the White House.

Totally agree.

#65 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

People use anything and everything for political ends.

I do think the burial at sea was a great move. There is no grave site for militants to flock to. The US attempted to abide by his religion even though he was one of most heinous villains, that says alot. We don't drag bodies through the street no matter how satisfying it would be to have Osama's head on a stake outside the White House.

Agreed, no need to stoop down to their level.

#66 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

I highly doubt he was tortured. It sounds like they simply went in to kill and that's it. Deserved to be tortured, if only to get info out of him but I see nothing wrong with simply killing anything that moved in that compound and then getting the hell out of there.

I know they wanted to stick to Islamic traditions, but I would have done an autopsy to see if the kidney failure/dialysis rumors were indeed true.

Historical note: Hitler death announcement also came on May 1 (1945). 66 years ago

Its also the 8th anniversary of Bush's 'Mission Accomplished' speech.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#67 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

I'd bet my life he was in no way tortured. This was a 40 minute operation from landing to lift off. In that environement and on that time line, do you think anyone had time to insert an object up his ass? For years we've known that Bin Landen would never be taken alive. His guards were under orders to kill him before that happened. And quite frankly, taking him alive would have led to a political nightmare and media circus. This was handled the right way in all regards. While the archaic side of me may have gained some small pleasure seeing his corpse strung from the WTC for a week, that is not how Americans conduct themselves. We treated our greatest enemy in over 60 years with more respect, dignity and honor than any of them have shown anyone they have killed or captured.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#68 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

After listening to the news reports about what all took place in that short time span, I can only say that, literally, chills went down my spine. Sounds corny, but it's true. I can't help but think that those Navy SEALS who were trained for and completed this mission were some very brave and heroic individuals. I know that they are well trained and their duty to country comes first, but they had to have been even a little scared when they knew what they were about to do. I think it was well done and they did what they had to do. ;

#69 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Those Seals are some Bad ass mother fuckers!!

#70 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself!

#71 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

What is the age range for SEALS? 22-32? From what I understand it sounds as if the ass kicking was maybe only 5 minutes and the remainder was grabbing computers and other intel.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#72 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

People use anything and everything for political ends.

What do you think "burial at sea" entailed? Throwing his ass out of a plane as they flew over?

#73 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

What is the age range for SEALS? 22-32?

From what I understand it sounds as if the ass kicking was maybe only 5 minutes and the remainder was grabbing computers and other intel.

The SEALS in question weren't your ordinary team. They were a group of SEALS selected from the normal list of SEALS. The elite of the elite. Much like the Army'd Delta Force which are hand picked Green Beret's. Assuming someone enlisted when they were 18, you're talking four years on average to even get picked up for SEAL school, followed by two years of training. That would put your average SEAL at 24. Then add the mandatory two years they would have to serve on a team before even being considered for the special groups, you're talking 26. Add another year of training and they're at 27. Just based on experience and time, I'm going to bet very few of them were under 30.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#74 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

One thing I heard reported was that they were being trained for this mission for months, but were not told what it was they were being trained for, and didn't know what they were going to be doing until just prior - how long before I don't know. I'd have been secretly shitting my pants!

#75 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

In this image released by the White House and digitally altered by the source to diffuse the paper in front of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users