Photo

The iThing thread ( iPod ... iPhone ... iPad ... )

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#16 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Does anyone use their iPhone as a universal remote control? If so what app do you use? Does it work well?

#17 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

iResign! A pretty sad day, must mean Jobs is way sicker than anyone thought. He certainly has made his mark on the modern technological age.

#18 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

It also could be a good time to do it. Jobs has his official biography coming out soon and the new iPhone is supposed to come out in October. Apple also needs to transition to Tim Cook while Jobs is still a big part of things to show they will be able to continue without Steve at the helm. And Apple also wants to show Microsoft how to do a handoff. :-)
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#19 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

so its an Ijob!!!

#20 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Anyone opened up their iPhones? I am going to operate on my husband's iPhone, the Home button no longer works, and I have been delegated surgeon!

#21 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Anyone opened up their iPhones? I am going to operate on my husband's iPhone, the Home button no longer works, and I have been delegated surgeon!

Have you tried googling it? YouTube has a lot of how-to open or disassemble different makes and models of iphones, etc.

#22 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

Have you tried googling it? YouTube has a lot of how-to open or disassemble different makes and models of iphones, etc.

Yes, that's what inspired me. It looks relatively straightforward on Youtube. Also the phone of course is just out of warranty, and they want to charge a fortune for a replacment. We'll see how it goes!!

#23 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

Good luck on the iThing repair.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#24 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Got to try airdrop in OSX Lion this weekend. It was pretty awesome.
Show me your dragon magic

#25 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WzrnbUxZKI[/url]

#26 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

SJ RIP :(

#27 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Pretty amazing legacy. Only 56!

#28 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

RIP SJ.

#29 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Yahoo Inc. co-founder Jerry Yang said Wednesday about Steve Jobs’s death: “Steve was my hero growing up. He not only gave me a lot of personal advice and encouragement, he showed all of us how innovation can change lives. I will miss him dearly, as will the world.” Google Inc. Chief Executive Larry Page posted Wednesday on his Google+ account about the death of Apple Inc. co-founder Steve Jobs: “I am very, very sad to hear the news about Steve. He was a great man with incredible achievements and amazing brilliance. He always seemed to be able to say in very few words what you actually should have been thinking before you thought it. His focus on the user experience above all else has always been an inspiration to me. He was very kind to reach out to me as I became CEO of Google and spend time offering his advice and knowledge even though he was not at all well. My thoughts and Google’s are with his family and the whole Apple family.” Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to Steve Jobs’ family & friends. The world rarely sees someone who made such a profound impact. - Bill Gates on twitter

#30 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Oh, that's sad. But you know, months ago when we saw him so skinny, I think we all knew something was wrong w/him. That came quick though, his stepping down & then his death. He was there right up to the end, very admirable.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users