31 replies to this topic

#1 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

Dunno about you folks, but I will dearly miss his hair.

http://www.suntimes....-012909.article

Blagojevich's sad denial tour ends predictably

January 29, 2009

BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist
To the surprise of absolutely no one, Rod Blagojevich’s Denial Tour ‘09 ended where it was always destined to end — with Blago still in the state of denial no but longer “leading” our state. To the end of his once-promising political career — this guy once had White House dreams — Blagojevich refused to directly address the most damning allegations against him.

It was a farcical week, beginning with the madness in New York and ending with the sadness in Springfield. (Sadness for the people of Illinois, that is. And yes, sadness for the downfall of a human being and the pain it has caused his family.) Blagojevich avoided the tough questions from Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer; he filibustered on other shows. He talked about his children and how he and his wife bought a new puppy to help them get through these difficult times — as if those difficult times weren’t brought about by his own actions. He soaked up the media spotlight and seemed oblivious to the laughter and the jeers.

When Blagojevich stepped outside his home at about 6:10 p.m. Thursday, it was as a private citizen. The former governor of Illinois.

Blago ran throught the usual list of wondrous things he did for the citizens of Illinois. He was the Health Care Governor, the Wage-Raising Governor, the Education Governor. “I want to say to all of you, the people of Illinois...that I love the people of Illinois today now more than ever before...and the fight goes on...those simple values that they teach us in Sunday school, the Golden Rule...those are the things I’m going to keep fighting for, now that I’m in the private life...I haven’t let you down...”

Some may differ with that, sir.

Blago walked up the steps, then came back down, pulled a neighborhood kid into a photo op-and then launched into yet ANOTHER self-aggrandizing monologue about his accomplishments getting health care, creating jobs, etc., etc. “The fix was in from the very beginning...if they don’t allow you to bring witnesses...” blah blah blah.

He’s still giving a campaign speech.

What will we in the news/entertainment press do without Blago? Where will we get new material? The man was a fountain of fresh set-ups, day after day after day. From the New York Times to the “Tonight Show” to the Sun-Times, Blago was the go-to guy. Now what?

Never fear, this just in: Drew Peterson tells “Nightline” of his latest love, “She likes me, she likes me a lot. I’m a good guy.”

As the Tin Man falls, the Cowardly Lion rears his head.

And the hits just keep on coming.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

I did nothing wrong! Ha!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

Don't you just love this guy? He is totally oblivious!

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

He's rabid. Out of his mind. Even after he gets tossed he'll still come to work making believe it never happened.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

I love how he made the rounds (The View) to try and sell his innocence. The BALLS on this fucking guy! KING DOUCHEBAG!!
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

OK but did you see him on the news grabbing the kid for the photo op? Priceless, I tell ya.

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

No, do tell.

#8 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

http://wonkette.com/...s-his-neighbors

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

What an absolute, shameless asshole. That's embarrassing to watch for real. I hope SNL does something with that.

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Typical politician.

#11 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

If that ain't a $400 haircut, I donno' what is.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#12 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

If that ain't a $400 haircut, I donno' what is.

Only better hair I have seen is in your avatar.

#13 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Its so clean you could eat dinner on my head.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#14 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

Interesting idea???

#15 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

Blagojevich Is Indicted on Corruption Charges

By DOUGLAS BELKIN and DAVID KESMODEL

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury on a host of corruption charges along with his brother and a small circle of aides.

The 75-page indictment charged Mr. Blagojevich with 16 felony counts including racketeering conspiracy, wire fraud, extortion conspiracy and making false statements to federal agents.

The 19-count indictment charges that Mr. Blagojevich, 52 years old; his brother, Robert Blagojevich, 53; and four associates "allegedly engaged in a wide-ranging scheme to deprive the people of Illinois of honest government."

View Full Image

Associated Press
In this Jan. 29, 2009 file photo, former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich talks to the media outside of his home after arriving home from Springfield where the Illinois Senate voted to remove him from office.
Rod Blagojevich has denied all wrongdoing. On Thursday, he was staying at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., and did not return a phone message. His attorney, Terence P. Gillespie, didn't return a phone call seeking comment. The indictment clears the way for a criminal trial. No date has been set.

The FBI arrested Mr. Blagojevich at 6 a.m. on Dec. 9 at his home on Chicago's north side. U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald charged him with trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by President Barack Obama, as well as conspiring to use his office to extract campaign contributions in exchange for signing bills or awarding contracts.

One month after his arrest, the Illinois House of Representatives impeached Mr. Blagojevich and he was then put on trial by the Illinois Senate. Instead of defending himself, he flew to New York and proclaimed his innocence during a whirlwind national television tour.

On Jan. 29, as the Senate prepared to vote, Mr. Blagojevich arrived in the state capital, Springfield, and made an impassioned, 50-minute plea to legislators, declaring: "I have done absolutely nothing wrong." Senators voted 59-0 to remove him from office.

http://online.wsj.co...3887084159.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users