31 replies to this topic

#16 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

He can no longer eat off that side short Derby though....Cmom know really! Give him some time and he'll be in politics again just like Marion Barry.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#17 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

They better let him keep his killer hairdo.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#18 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Blagojevich jurors suggest they may be deadlocked CHICAGO – Jurors deliberating for an 11th day in the corruption trial of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich suggested Wednesday that they may be deadlocked on at least some counts. The jury sent a note to Judge James B. Zagel saying they have made "a reasonable attempt" to reach a unanimous decision and did so without rancor, but asked for guidance if they can't reach a unanimous decision on any given count. Zagel, who read the note aloud in court, said he would send note back to jurors asking them to be clearer about what they meant so that he could advise them. He said he would tell them it was OK to agree on some counts but not others. Michael Ettinger, the attorney for Rod Blagojevich's brother — co-defendant Robert Blagojevich — said neither the judge nor attorneys in court understood exactly what the note meant. "We don't know what it means. The judge doesn't know what it means," Ettinger said. He said the jurors had gone home for the day, and the judge would have another hearing at 11 a.m. Thursday. Ettinger said he doesn't believe the jury is confused about the law or about the jury instructions. He believes they're hung, he said. "A hung jury is better than a conviction," he said. Blagojevich attorney Sam Adam Sr. said he couldn't comment because Zagel told attorneys not to discuss the case. Joel Levin, a former federal prosecutor in Chicago, said it's likely that jurors have reached a verdict on at least some counts. "If they hadn't reached a verdict on anything I would have expected some language saying that," he said. Since the jury began deliberations, they've sent two previous notes to the judge. Blagojevich and his co-defendant brother haven't been asked to attend court when previous notes were read. But they were asked to show up because of the potential importance of this note. Rod Blagojevich smiled but seemed more tense as he arrived at the courtroom — not stopping, as he'd often done during much of the trial, to chat with spectators or sign autographs. As Zagel spoke, Blagojevich looked on with his hands folded. Before proceeding started he walked over to hug his brother Robert's adult son. He left the courthouse without speaking. Blagojevich, 53, has pleaded not guilty to 24 counts, including charges of trying to sell or trade an appointment to President Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat for a Cabinet post, private job or campaign cash, and of pressuring people to for campaign donations. If convicted, he could face up to $6 million in fines and a sentence of 415 years in prison, though he is sure to get much less time under federal guidelines. His brother, Nashville, Tenn., businessman Robert Blagojevich, 54, has also pleaded not guilty to taking part in that alleged scheme. At the trial, prosecutors relied heavily on wiretap tapes in which Blagojevich spewed profanity and speculated about getting a Cabinet job in exchange for the Senate seat. Defense attorneys argued that Blagojevich was a big talker, but never committed a crime. Not much is known about the jurors, because Zagel prohibited the release of their names until after the verdict. There is a math teacher, a retired public health official, a former Marine injured serving in the Middle East, a Navy veteran, an avid marathon runner and a man born in a U.S. internment camp for Japanese-Americans during World War II.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#19 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Key is "some counts". If he's acquitted of others, there likely won't be a retrial. If he's convicted of others, I'd also say there likely won't be a retrial. But that's just a guess.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#20 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

14 yrs in prison...does that seem a bit harsh? I'm in no way defending the guy, just seems like a lot of years.

#21 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Actually, I've heard it was a light sentence for the type of crime he committed,. He was messing with the future of an entire state, not just himself or a company.

#22 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

MILLIONAIRES FLEEING CHICAGO OVER FEAR OF CIVIL UNREST

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#23 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

You're never going to read about this on the lamestream media!

#24 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

Couple leaves Chicago after 1 day, moves back to Arizona because of crime

#25 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

I've been to Chicago many times, more than I could guess, and have never had anything close to an experience like that.  It's a great town. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#26 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

I've been to Chicago many times, more than I could guess, and have never had anything close to an experience like that.  It's a great town. 

Yea, I'm there about 1 week a month and never had a single issue.  Avoid the south side at 2 am and you'll be fine.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#27 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

I think they just used it as an excuse to run back to where they are from. I've woken up my first day in a new place and thought "What the hell did I just do?" haha. 

edit: Looks like they are getting a ton of shit for this video. Not really surprising. I think it's hilarious their last name is the "Whites." I mean...c'mon. One day in Chicago and it's time to run back to Flagstaff. 

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yea, I'm there about 1 week a month and never had a single issue.  Avoid the south side at 2 am and you'll be fine.

The Missus goes out next month. I would be interested, but it involved her Mom...so I'll see it next time. 

#29 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

The Missus goes out next month. I would be interested, but it involved her Mom...so I'll see it next time. 

Blackhawks' season opener? :D

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#30 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:10 PM

In this day and age of so much psy-ops and manufactured incidents, I would not put it past the Arizona couple of doing the whole thing as a planned stunt to see if they could ride the viral news wave.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users