• LocationHades

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Dr Who
Show me your dragon magic

#17 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

I could not live without CNN and my husband could not live without the history channel, so we're stuck with cable until we get to a point where we have to choose between eating cat food or getting cable. By then we'll probably be ready for a nursing home and they'll have the Great Babysitter named Cable there. Then, we'll have to wander from room to room trying to find a TV with "our program" on it because first thing that gets lost in those places are all the remotes. God, I hope they don't raise the cable rates anytime soon! Posted Image

#18 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Jesus channels are a dime a dozen. The reality TV of cable networks.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#19 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hulu can bite me & Netflix needs to up their ante on their streaming. I like all of The Real Housewives, America's Next Top Model, Jersey Shore, Millionaire Matchmaker, Flipping Out, blah blah blah. I don't have cable anymore & stupid Bravo refuses to air the newer full episodes on their website. Hulu doesn't help in that aspect at all. In fact, I just cancelled my HuluPlus account, I saw no reason to pay for it when it offered me nothing.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#20 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

Some guy told me you can get almost any network show from usenet.

Is Usenet still around? I am familiar with Google groups, but I thought that Usenet was a thing of the past.

#21 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Some guy told me you can get almost any network show from usenet.

Is Usenet still around? I am familiar with Google groups, but I thought that Usenet was a thing of the past.

It is still around. My cable internet provider still gives usenet access although it is fairly limited to slow speed (just 2 connections) and has an artificially limited retention of posts (a few weeks at best). There are plenty of places where you can pay to access a usenet server, either on a monthly fee plan or a pay by the amount you download plan. A couple of these are NewsDemon and GIgaNews. They offer very fast downloads (50 connections) and about 3 years of retention.

The discussion groups (Google groups) are all mostly dead these days as people left for Facebook and other html web sites. The binaries side of usenet is still very active with numerous posts uploaded daily.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#22 MrsBrisby

MrsBrisby

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

I like Designed to Sell on HGTV. But it seems like the homeowners don't make a sale even after the staging process. They're always priced too high. Big Brother is good too.

#23 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

1.Big Brother 2.Biggest Loser 3.Ultimate Fighter 4.Survivor 5.WWE Tough Enough 6.Gene Simmons Family Jewels 7.T.O Show 8.Celebrity Rehab 9.American Idol now Steven Tyler is on there 10. All Worked Up
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users