• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Nah they didn't mention who was on Bass.

#17 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Nah they didn't mention who was on Bass.

Probably an afterthought. Perhaps it won't really matter who is on bass with those two personalities.

I'm hoping the dude from Muse is available. Posted Image
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#18 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

or it could be that dude fromm " Hootie and The Blowfish"!!!

#19 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

If they get Mendoza to jump ship, Coverdale will scratch their eyes out. Posted Image

Actually, I don't even know if Mendoza still works with Whitesnake.

Skyes looked pretty big to me. Maybe Portnoy is just small. All I know is those fingers were a lot bigger than most guitarists.

#20 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

Portnoy is a little dude.

#21 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

If they get Mendoza to jump ship, Coverdale will scratch their eyes out. Posted Image

Actually, I don't even know if Mendoza still works with Whitesnake.

Skyes looked pretty big to me. Maybe Portnoy is just small. All I know is those fingers were a lot bigger than most guitarists.

Marco Mendoza has been out of WS for awhile. First time I heard of him he was playing on that BM release I mentioned above so he has worked with Sykes over the years and went on to be in Anorexic Lizzy.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#22 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

I've been catching up on a few episodes on the DVR, but first I feel compelled to mention something about Axl Rose. Apparently, he is going to be a guest soon. I saw him sitting on the stage and was floored. I swear he looks exactly like a Don Dokken/Van Morrison ass-baby. Shocking!

Episode: Lars Ulrich
Well, suffice it to say, Lars lives in a fantasy world in which he is not a little troll of a man who sold out everything that was once great about Metallica. Looks like he has something in the works with Lou Reed that will suck as much as everything Metallica has released since 1991.

Episode: Rick Nielsen and Graham Bonnet
You would have loved this episode since you like Cheap Trick so much. He seems like a smart guy with a great sense of humor. Obviously, he is a great guitarist. Graham Bonnet has seen better days. Seriously. He is doing something with that lady from Benedictum. It will suck.

On the same channel...

Been watching some concerts. One was somewhere in England. Outdoors. Thin Lizzy with Scott Gorham was pretty good. Queensryche was decent, but Tate doesn't hit the high notes at full power anymore. There was some lady who looked like Janis Joplin backed by the Big Brother, but her voice reminded me of what Tina Turner might have sounded like if she had been a hard rock singer. Black Country Communion sucked ass which was surprising. I never thought I would say this - Glen Hughes' mic should have been much higher in the mix. Joe Bonamossa impresses me even though I don't think the songs they aired really highlight his unique talents. Rival Sons was great:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIJ-tLEBWqI[/url]

#23 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Oh, here is proof of the Don Dokken/ Van Morrison ass-baby observation:

Posted Image

More importantly, I forgot to mention that Megadeth will be doing Gigantour again while promoting their new album. I may have to go see them in New York if I want to see them this winter. Otherwise, they won't hit the Mid-Atlantic until summer. Motorhead is co-headlining. Will be a good show.

#24 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Lol... He does look like Dokken's twin !!

#25 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Watching Diamond Head perform 'Am I Evil?' at Sonisphere 2011. Knebworth, Their singer has aged very well. Band sounds good.

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pPq_khWCrE&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQ-Mc2b68M&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Y0B2GAXPI&feature=related[/url]

I've got it set up to tape.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#27 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Well, the Axl Rose interview was actually interesting. It was strange in a way because the hosts seemed to be walking on egg shells in terms of how they questioned him. I must say that some of Axl's answers and his general demeanor made him seem far more down to Earth that I previously assumed him to be. Age must have mellowed him. But what's the deal with that hat? It looks retarded. Is he bald under there or something? The sunglasses are usually worn to hide the bags and wrinkles of aging rock stars even though they claim to have light-sensitive eyes rather than admit their own insecurities. They showed a few videos of recent live performances. The hosts were salivating, but I didn't think his voice sounded as great as they did. It sounded okay. The band was performing very well, though. Maybe they should have shown different video clips that highlighted Axl's vocal abilities more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users