#16 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

Nothing like some 9/11 nut jobs sprinkled in with your organization to build real street cred. I for the life of me can't understand why these fine upstanding people aren't having their doors knocked down to find a nice middle management job. They just scream leader, thoughtful and hard working!

Posted Image

We have tax cuts, jobs and the war all being discussed here. Notice the little sign on the yellow paper. I first saw that in the mid 90s at a gun show. Although back then it said Democrats instead of Republicans. I'm having a hard time reconciling their anger at Wall Street when many of the parent groups behind this are funded by Soros, a hedgefund manager. but hey, we've already established that these aren't the birghtest crayons in the box.

Posted Image

Profits are what inspire people to invest their own capital to create a business and then hire you. It's a true grassroots movement where a few people risk their future on their own work ethic and vision to aspire for financial and personal success. As a direct side effect, millions of Americans find employment supporting these startups. This moron would rather you go under so he can sit on his ass and collect a bigger paycheck for a few months until the unemployment benefits (now two years long) can support him while he marches.

Posted Image

What future was she promised? Who promised her it? I doubt it was wall street. Maybe she should vent her frustration on the fortune teller who took her 20$ and told her the future. The handome fellow on the left is calling for a revolution. Let's just hope Obama doesn't hear about it, consider him a threat and order him offed before noon!

Posted Image

I guess Wall Street controls who gets treatment and who doesn't/ Funny, I thought that would be the outcome of a nationalized health care plan. Last week on Bill Maher, Michael Moore said it was patriotic to have longer wait lines for medical care since everyone has access. I guess this women and her dying friend aren't patriotic.

Posted Image

Here I see a picture of people essentially arguing about class warfare. Social inequality sign and someone claiming a war is being waiged against the working class. Genius!
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#17 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Oh, gosh, you're going to be a very busy little bee if you're going to post a response to every sign you see at the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations. I'll bet you were one of the first to condemn the people who did that with Tea Party signs---or is that a tit-for-tat you're doing? Can't we agree that homemade signs at large gatherings only represent the opinion of the person holding the sign?

#18 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

I don't need to address every sign. Just demonstrate they're a disorganized mob with no agenda. That's why the unions have steped in, to try and guide their hand so to speak. A bunch of angry people with no goals looking for leadership is a very scary thing. Not something that should be celebrated or admired. Maybe that's why they're in trouble in the first place. Because they lack the autonomy to take care of themself and make choices and sacrifices that will better their status?

#19 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Kelly: Protesters To Be ‘Met With Force’ If They Target Officers

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly had some strong words for “Occupy Wall Street” protesters Thursday, blaming participants for starting skirmishes which led to more than 20 arrests on Wednesday.

“What they did is they counted. They actually had a countdown — 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 — they grouped together, they joined arms and they charged the police. They attacked the police. They wanted to get into Wall Street, they wanted to occupy Wall Street,” Kelly told reporters.

Police arrested 28 people Wednesday — mostly for disorderly conduct. There was at least one arrest for assaulting a police officer and police said one protester even knocked an officer off his scooter.

Kelly said that if demonstrators targeted the police, authorities would respond with “force.”

“They’re going to be met with force when they do that — this is just common sense,” he said.

The commissioner said protesters were told to stay within the barricades that police had erected and when they crossed over them they began hassling the cops.

“These people wanted to have confrontation with the police for whatever reason. Somehow, I guess it works to their purposes,” Kelly said.

The commissioner told reporters that the protests have cost the city about $2 million in overtime for officers assigned to cover the demonstrations.

Despite the clashes and arrests, Kelly stressed that as long as protesters followed the rules, there would be no issues.

“We are accommodating peaceful protests. We are proud of the fact that we do that in this city. People are going to be here for an extended period of time. We’re going to accommodate them as long as they do it peacefully and in accordance with the laws and regulations,” he said.

The problem for the city and the police is even if they wanted to, they can’t evict “Occupy Wall Street” as long as they make Zuccotti Park their headquarters. It is private space that must be opened to the public

“The charter, it gives access to the park 24 hours a day, seven says a week,” Kelly said.

When asked by CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer if there was an end game, his response was carefully considered.

“You know, we’ll see. Right now they’re on private property and people who own that property don’t have the power to eject them,” he said.

But Brookfield Office Properties, which owns Zuccotti Park, seems to be slowly building a case against protesters, saying Thursday that the protestors are interfering with the use of the park by others and are creating sanitary problems.

“Sanitation is a growing concern,” Brookfield said in a statement. “Normally the park is cleaned and inspected every weeknight. . . because the protestors refuse to cooperate. . .the park has not been cleaned since Friday, September 16th and as a result, sanitary conditions have reached unacceptable levels.”

http://newyork.cbslo...arget-officers/

#20 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

I guess Wall Street controls who gets treatment and who doesn't/ Funny, I thought that would be the outcome of a nationalized health care plan. Last week on Bill Maher, Michael Moore said it was patriotic to have longer wait lines for medical care since everyone has access. I guess this women and her dying friend aren't patriotic.

This would make more sense if we had national healthcare. We don't. And, yes, Wall Street does control this, in that it's controlled by a group of insurance companies who determine if you're eligible for medical care in their for profit system. They do that to make more money, which is to appease shareholders which = "Wall Street", in so many words.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#21 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

These people aren't willing to work and sweat to better their situation. They just want to bitch and threaten riots and call it democracy. .

How do you know this???
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#22 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

He called Miss Cleo..

#23 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

These people aren't willing to work and sweat to better their situation. They just want to bitch and threaten riots and call it democracy. .

How do you know this???

Sshhhh, don't ruin the narrative. I especially like the criticism from GOP congressman who've spent this session not doing any of the work we pay them to do.
Show me your dragon magic

#24 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

I don't believe that woman with chemo poster is a genuine picture. It reads like she is protesting for someone else whereas it's obvious that everyone actually there wants a free handout for themselves.
Show me your dragon magic

#25 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Wall Street protesters are protected by their First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and assembly; unfortunately, they aren't making the full use of their First Amendment rights required to actually effectuate change. To do that, they would have to use the First Amendment to petition the government for a redress of their grievances. They need to move the demonstration to Washington, DC. If the protesters are outraged by the actions of those on Wall Street, they need to better understand that Wall Street is regulated by the federal government. Those on Wall Street aim to make as much profit as humanly possible while adhering to the regulatory rules set forth by our elected leaders in Washington. The conditions that outrage and frustrate the protesters have been in the making over several administrations, and Obama is is beholden to big business interests on Wall Street just as much as any former president. Goldman Sachs donated over four times as much money to Obama than McCain. Morgan Stanley and CitiGroup donated over twice as much money to Obama as McCain. Point being, it makes for good populist soundbites for Obama to give big money Wall Street interests a tongue-lashing on national televisions, but it is disingenuous. Corporations and the media they control make or break politicians in this nation. When the protesters come to that realization, they will take their grievances to Washington, DC. Of course, I don't think that will ever happen due to sad and naive political allegiances among the protesters. It would look bad for the Democrats if the protesters showed up on Pennsylvania Avenue and called out almost every politician in our federal government as complicit in selling their hopes and dreams down the river along with this nation's future. The protesters will have to internalize the fact that there are no champions of the people in either major political party, save for those who are considered fringe nuts by their colleagues in politics. That won't be happening any time soon because most of the people in this nation pray at the altars of the donkey and elephant and honestly don't feel themselves getting fucked by both. The Wall Street protesters will be used by the Left in the same way that the Tea Party is used by the Right. Business as usual. From a strategic aspect, I think these protests will actually hurt the Democratic party. The protesters are going to vote overwhelmingly Democrat in 2012. Protests or not, that was going to happen. Activists don't need to be energized or persuaded. The chant of 'the whole world is watching' cracks me up because the only people who are watching with an open mind are independents and those who hate both parties. I believe these protesters will cause those undecided voters to turn away from Obama for three reasons: their lack of an informed and intelligent message, their negative impact on the budgets and day-to-day lives of working people in the targeted cities, and their recent association with unions.

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

I don't believe that woman with chemo poster is a genuine picture. It reads like she is protesting for someone else whereas it's obvious that everyone actually there wants a free handout for themselves.

I'll tell you what she's not protesting: alpaca sweaters.

#27 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJgWdfZqDj0&feature=player_embedded[/url]

#28 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

How do you know this???

Cause rather than shitting in the bushes in some private park in NYC, they could be going to an interview. Working their resume. Or taking a lesser paying job than they feel they're entitled to because obvioulsy they overestimate their worth. If you have enough time on your hands to join a protest with no defined agenda and you have the audacity to say your situation in life sucks, it's because their values are dicked up. The ultimate goal is redistribution of wealth. That's what all parties concerned want. Something for nothing. These people aren't volunteering to work 60 hours a week for great pay. They believe that because they are alive, they are entitled to money. It's that simple. And like Ruse said, if they really wanted change they'd be at 1600 Pennsylvania asking to speak with Obama. He's the one who got all of wall street's money and he's the one who bailed them out. But that doesn't fit the image and talking points of the idiot you posted above. It's much easier to speak loudly with some hint of riteousness than have an intelligent discussion on the matter. That's why when he was asked about Obama's lack of change even though he's their guy, he deflected to gay rights and trying to use what he believes a religious figure may or may not do.

I set my watch and warrant this group of joiners is out and gone as soon as the snow flakes hit. This is no liberal version of the tea party, because they have no leaders and common ground other than anger and resentment. Which fair enough, could partially be identified to the tea Party as well, but the Tea Party has produced results because they had a unifying idea, as distorted and conflicting as it may be and that idea is popular with mainstream America. 99% of Americans aren't asking for redistribution of wealth while they beat on overtuned buckets and knock out an awesome didgeridoo solo.

[url=http://web.gbtv.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=19851083&topic_id=23419450&tcid=vpp_copy_19851083&v=3]http://web.gbtv.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=19851083&topic_id=23419450&tcid=vpp_copy_19851083&v=3[/url]

#29 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Randall: I hope you're planning to stay in the military where your every need is met because you don't have a clue what's happening in the real world right now. And the fact that you can generalize about a group of thousands of people across the country is just plain ridiculous. You also talk out of both sides of your mouth saying one minute that the crowd is not cohesive nor do they have clear goals and the next minute you're telling us that they all walk and think in locked step---all lazy, jobless people with one goal of "redistribution of wealth." Which is it? You can't have it both ways. Do you know that veterans are disproportionally jobless more than other groups of people in the U.S.A.? What do you have to say about that statistic?

#30 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

They are disorganized and they aren't a cohesive force. But saying that want redistribution of wealth or a handout isn't exactly rocket science. The numerous banners and ideas shared shows there is no solidarity. A bunch of angry people looking for someone to blame. Contrary to your assumption, my every need isn't met by my military service. I live in a home off base in El Paso with thousands of non-military people. The only need I get provided by the military is medical, which I've described before is much poorer than the medical treatment I receieved as a civilian as a teenager and college student under my parents insurance. I'm aware veterans are jobless and do you know why? Because the term veteran has a broad meaning and being an infantry soldier doesn't prepare you for any civilian skill. We preach that every day to young Soldiers who has a small taste of personal authority in the Army and think they'll be able to get out and some company will hire them as a manager. Four months later they're living with their mother cause they have no skill. Another segment that feels they deserve special treatment because they wore a uniform for a certain period of time. How many of that statistic are veterans kicked out of the military for drug use or other legal issues, guys who never steped foot out of the US, yet have a sob story all the same. The military has a great system for making sure you're prepared to leave the service and enter the civilian workforce. Most of the guys don't bother cause they think they have it all figured out. Their error, their fault and it's their responsibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users