• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

I thought you boys would have a good time with those sites. Posted Image

Thanks!

But seriously, what is the end game? I can't see how street protests will help Obama get re-elected. Are they supposed to win back the independents who voted with the Tea Party in the last election?

I really don't think the protesters give a flying fig about helping Obama get re-elected.They are frustrated with all government, not just the Republicans. And if they even have an end game, most of us over 30 know it's not achievable with the lack of a central, big money entity backing them like the Tea Party has. Like I said earlier in this thread, this isn't going to end well. At some point violence is going to start and people are going to get hurt.

Here's another new twist---the counter protest, "Occupy Occupy Wall Street" has begun with the one percenters.

http://www.washingto...dUTL_story.html

#47 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Has everyone seen these sites?

http://wearethe99per...mblr.com/page/2

http://occupywallst....wall-st-moveme/

I made one. Do you think they'll take it?

Posted Image

Wait, is this thread just an elaborate love letter to wedjat? Well played sir.
Show me your dragon magic

#48 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

I know people who played by the rules, didn't overextend themselves and watched their 401ks burn to the fucking ground in 08. I'm talking about working class people who busted their ass for 40 years, taking a 300k haircut on their retirement. Then realizing at the finish line that they could not really afford to retire now or even rely on their homes as a means of security in their older age. Do these people have the right to be angry? That's reality in America, and Wall Street IS responsible for that because they pumped money into the sub prime mortgage market and then took high risk trades out against them. Hell, Golden Sachs pumped the subprimes and then shorted them at the same time! These guys were greedy and reckless with their power and middle America paid dearly for it. 401ks and Roths are only one aspect of why people are angry. Frankly I'm surprised this didn't happen years ago. For the last few decades we've watched corporations, beholden to Wall Street, slash benefits, cut hours, eliminate pensions, or claim bankruptcy in order to restructure and severely cut pensions of the American worker. Full time was replaced by temp workers with little to no benefits or health insurance options. I'm seeing so many people at my age who did the work, went to college, went to law school etc, who still can't make ends meet, much less get ahead and save for retirement. I also know all kinds of people who will never be able to retire. Some are already aware of it, and some don't know yet.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#49 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

This thread is crying out for reborn rolla.

#50 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muz1OcEzJOs[/url]url

#51 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image

#52 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Top Chef my ass.

#53 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

wedjat just loves those mres.

#54 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Posted Image

Though there's at least one lie in that list. Women don't defecate.

#55 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

Though there's at least one lie in that list. Women don't defecate.

I was wondering about that one, too. I've been going to public restrooms for more decades than I care to count and I have never seen feces anywhere other than in the bowl where maybe a little kid forgot to flush and I'm pretty sure the men's restrooms have that same issue from time to time.

#56 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

If you really must know, a person droped her ID badge in the toilet. Rather than suck it up and pull it out, she tried to flush it. The place had shoddy plumbing and everything in the septic for the past several hours came back up through all the toilets leaving three inches of water and waste all over their bathroom.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#57 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

If you really must know, a person droped her ID badge in the toilet. Rather than suck it up and pull it out, she tried to flush it. The place had shoddy plumbing and everything in the septic for the past several hours came back up through all the toilets leaving three inches of water and waste all over their bathroom.

So you did this once? It reads like you did it 70 hours/week. And why the emphasis on *women's* feces? Unless you cleaned men's and women's feces and the women's was harder work for some reason, the fact that it was women's seems totally superfluous to your resume.

#58 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

someone has a fetish!!!

#59 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

I think the other thing that people forget is that we all aren't created equal. It's easy to say "Why didn't this person just do this, this and THIS?"

It must occur that not everybody is as resourceful as the next guy. I thank my lucky stars everyday, and I often talk about it with my wife. I know so many people who rack up credit card debt for simple life things: Car repairs, home repairs etc. These aren't people who are lazy or living beyond their means, these are everyday people getting their asses kicked just like the rest of us. Life isn't easy.

When I was younger I learned to work on cars because I got tired of being ripped off by mechanics. Because of this I have saved thousands and thousands of dollars over the course of my adult life. Something most people get hammered on. When I hear what people pay for brake jobs, or even a simple spark plug change, I cringe. Same with home stuff, I've saved thousands of dollars over the course of my adult life simply because I've taught myself to do these things. Not that these things require a high degree of skill, but not everybody can do them. I learned out of economic necessity. Would I rather spend 1000 bucks on a car repair or put that in my retirement account? OK, I'll learn to turn a wrench....

There are so many ways to save money in life, especially now with the internet. You can sleuth down all kinds of deals for whatever you want. I needed a new cruise control motor for my car. Unit price? 1600 bucks before labor! I went on car forums and found a guy who totaled the same car and was parting it out. My cost? 125 bucks for his part and put it in myself. The everyday guy would have had to pony up the money, or get a newer car. Does that make the average guy lazy or bad because he had a car repair that exceeded his checking account and was forced to use a credit card? Was he/she irresponsible for not knowing how to do that repair themselves? Hardly.

The same attitude exists towards homeless people, or the poor. "Well all they have to do is this to get on their feet"

Well it may not occur to them to do "this"...ever. They simply don't possess the ability to think in such a way, where we do. Because of this I am thankful, and don't look down on others as incompetent or lazy. Nor would I ever toot my own horn about how smart and hardworking I am and what a big crybaby everybody else is.

Financially I run my house like a business. I am constantly looking for a way to save money, cut costs, and save (assets.) I also realize that I can do this for another 25 years and then suffer an illness, or incur some sort of devastating financial blow that screws me at the finish line. That is often how life works, and that's why I think it's best to remain thankful and humble about any accomplishments in life. You might be surprised how quickly all of it can be taken away from you.

#60 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

[blockquote] I am a teacher. My family’s health insurance depends on my job. My state govt. is out to cut my retirement benefits like health care. My kids owe a quarter of a million $ in student loans. My friends in their 60’s keep working because they can’t afford to retire, so those jobs are not available to young people. We are the 99% [/blockquote]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users