Wall Street Protests

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#376 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Sometimes people need to hear the truth^

If you think that's an acceptable way for an elected official to deliver the "truth" then you've been in the military too long. He's acting more like a bully than someone who is suppose to be listening to the people who put him in office.

#377 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

I'm sort of torn between not caring and not giving a turkey... I'm kinda rolling that way these days... Chillaxin Posted Image but if I get one -1 I'll hunt you down and use you as my own personal hand puppet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Ah shit now I'm angry Posted Image

A -1? Well well well, someone just gave me a negative rep point yet again so welcome to the fucking club.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#378 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

well, sir sit down an buckle up .....

#379 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

What truth? Please show me legislation that FORCED these banks to give out these loans? Poor banks...boo hoo hoo, being "forced" to give out these loans and make billions of fucking dollars. Posted Image
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#380 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I'm sort of torn between not caring and not giving a turkey... I'm kinda rolling that way these days... Chillaxin Posted Image but if I get one -1 I'll hunt you down and use you as my own personal hand puppet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Ah shit now I'm angry Posted Image

A -1? Well well well, someone just gave me a negative rep point yet again so welcome to the fucking club.

poor bubula...Posted Image Here's a +1 for the hell of it.......
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#381 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

Douche:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb73zqY6lZM[/url]

What an arrogant asshole. Why do people put up with that shit??
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#382 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

If you think that's an acceptable way for an elected official to deliver the "truth" then you've been in the military too long. He's acting more like a bully than someone who is suppose to be listening to the people who put him in office.

I understand his frustration. Should he have yelled, probably not. But this is a guy whose entire day involves debating and discussing these ideas with a bunch of people who frankly have no clue and aren't willing to make the hard choice. When you have people putting college on a credit card, buying homes they can't afford and living a lifestyle they haven't earned crying out "Fix it, I did nothing wrong" anyone with an IQ over 80 is going to realize that the people bitching aren't really being objective in where they place blame. That Obama has received more money from the banking industry than any candidate in history and has the audacity to display himself as the candidate of the people is insane. That there are people who believe him to give a shit about the middle class is even more insane. So if I was a republican representative who is bombarded by idiots who don't have a clue about what caused this financial collapse and who is really profiterring from it in terms of our government, I might raise my voice too.

He's absolutely right that our government encourage people to buy a home. They give fucking tax breaks and refunds to people who do. They tell the banks you should lend to poor people, and don't worry if they default, cause we'll give you the money back. And rather than address reality and say we spend too much and tax too little, people come up with half assed solutions or talking points where they get a slap on the back in their sewing circle for making a comment as retarded as "Wall Street got their bailout, where's MY bailout!" They want to tax the rich, but not cut back on the handouts or penalize the people who continually make piss poor choices. If you're poor, you shouldn't have fucking kids. Just as if you're starving you shouldn't adopt a damn puppy. Yet one very intelligent member of this board said that economics shouldn't play a factor in deciding when to have children. I pay almost 1100 a month in federal taxes. More than most here and probably less than some. I'm all for tax increases, but only if it's done to pay the debt down. Not have more handouts for people that have no concept of what an acceptable standard of living is. Poor in this country doesn't mean hungry or homeless. It means you're not driving a BMW and have a 42inch LED in every room.

So if I was Joe Walsh, and I had a bunch of uninformed or only partially infromed people around me day in and day out who not only didn't have logical arguments, but held completely false notions, I'd get aggitated too. And remember, they elected him to make decisions for them. Not to poll what they think is the right idea. They can boot him out next year if they don't like his voting record, but it's not his job to vote based on public opinion in his district.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#383 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

If the poor have no kids, who'll work for nothing to make sure the rich still make a profit? Oh. That's right. The Chinese. There's always an escape for those on top and rarely for those on the bottom. Capitalism is like being on the Titanic, realizing there aren't enough lifeboats, and seeing that the basic way in which survival will be determined is in the price of one's ticket.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#384 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

poor bubula...Posted Image Here's a +1 for the hell of it.......

Thanks chicka, & one for you too!

#385 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

I understand his frustration. Should he have yelled, probably not. But this is a guy whose entire day involves debating and discussing these ideas with a bunch of people who frankly have no clue and aren't willing to make the hard choice. When you have people putting college on a credit card, buying homes they can't afford and living a lifestyle they haven't earned crying out "Fix it, I did nothing wrong" anyone with an IQ over 80 is going to realize that the people bitching aren't really being objective in where they place blame. That Obama has received more money from the banking industry than any candidate in history and has the audacity to display himself as the candidate of the people is insane. That there are people who believe him to give a shit about the middle class is even more insane. So if I was a republican representative who is bombarded by idiots who don't have a clue about what caused this financial collapse and who is really profiterring from it in terms of our government, I might raise my voice too.

He's absolutely right that our government encourage people to buy a home. They give fucking tax breaks and refunds to people who do. They tell the banks you should lend to poor people, and don't worry if they default, cause we'll give you the money back. And rather than address reality and say we spend too much and tax too little, people come up with half assed solutions or talking points where they get a slap on the back in their sewing circle for making a comment as retarded as "Wall Street got their bailout, where's MY bailout!" They want to tax the rich, but not cut back on the handouts or penalize the people who continually make piss poor choices. If you're poor, you shouldn't have fucking kids. Just as if you're starving you shouldn't adopt a damn puppy. Yet one very intelligent member of this board said that economics shouldn't play a factor in deciding when to have children. I pay almost 1100 a month in federal taxes. More than most here and probably less than some. I'm all for tax increases, but only if it's done to pay the debt down. Not have more handouts for people that have no concept of what an acceptable standard of living is. Poor in this country doesn't mean hungry or homeless. It means you're not driving a BMW and have a 42inch LED in every room.

So if I was Joe Walsh, and I had a bunch of uninformed or only partially infromed people around me day in and day out who not only didn't have logical arguments, but held completely false notions, I'd get aggitated too. And remember, they elected him to make decisions for them. Not to poll what they think is the right idea. They can boot him out next year if they don't like his voting record, but it's not his job to vote based on public opinion in his district.

I put my last 3 credits on my credit card because I would do anything to get my degree. Some people have no other option. Some of us don't get free schooling from the military. Arrogant much?

#386 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I understand his frustration. Should he have yelled, probably not. But this is a guy whose entire day involves debating and discussing these ideas with a bunch of people who frankly have no clue and aren't willing to make the hard choice. When you have people putting college on a credit card, buying homes they can't afford and living a lifestyle they haven't earned crying out "Fix it, I did nothing wrong" anyone with an IQ over 80 is going to realize that the people bitching aren't really being objective in where they place blame.

Housing issues aside...Why is it when people in this country leverage themselves to try and get ahead (college for instance) it's bad, but with business it's a considered a gutsy move?

I've taken what I considered huge risk in the past, using credit cards, cash and home equity lines of credit in order to do it. These were risks I assumed so I could get ahead in life. While they were ( I believed) planned well, it only would take one stroke of bad luck, or one thing I hadn't thought of to spank my ass and wipe me out. When you leverage yourself, you can't always win, it simply doesn't work that way.

#387 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Here is a story I read the other day. Ironically it mirrors exactly what happened to my wife and I at about the same time too. We also lived in SLC and were going to move to LV. The only difference is that I decided not to buy after seeing the insanity there, and return to Florida instead.

While the article provides you with a glimpse of the mentality at that time, it really can't portray how it felt back then in Las Vegas. It's easy to talk about how stupid people were, but when you saw everybody making 100k on a home purchase practically overnight, it's hard not to get sucked in.

http://www.nytimes.c...-his-house.html

#388 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

I understand his frustration. Should he have yelled, probably not. But this is a guy whose entire day involves debating and discussing these ideas with a bunch of people who frankly have no clue and aren't willing to make the hard choice. When you have people putting college on a credit card, buying homes they can't afford and living a lifestyle they haven't earned crying out "Fix it, I did nothing wrong" anyone with an IQ over 80 is going to realize that the people bitching aren't really being objective in where they place blame.

Housing issues aside...Why is it when people in this country leverage themselves to try and get ahead (college for instance) it's bad, but with business it's a considered a gutsy move?

I've taken what I considered huge risk in the past, using credit cards, cash and home equity lines of credit in order to do it. These were risks I assumed so I could get ahead in life. While they were ( It thought) very well thought out, it only would take one stroke of bad luck, or one thing I hadn't thought of to spank my ass and wipe me out. When you leverage yourself, you can't always win, it simply doesn't work that way.

That's what I just said. I put my last credits on my credit card because I had to get my degree. But then again, when you get free schooling from the military, what the fuck does he know, right?

#389 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Here is a story I read the other day. Ironically it mirrors exactly what happened to my wife and I at about the same time too. We also lived in SLC and were going to move to LV. The only difference is that I decided not to buy after seeing the insanity there, and return to Florida instead.

While the article provides you with a glimpse of the mentality at that time, it really can't portray how it felt back then in Las Vegas. It's easy to talk about how stupid people were, but when you saw everybody making 100k on a home purchase practically overnight, it's hard not to get sucked in.

http://www.nytimes.c...-his-house.html

Interesting article. As someone currently going through closing on a home, that certainly puts my life in perspective. Despite the fact that lending has tightened considerably, the bank was still willing to go beyond what I felt was a safe amount for me and my family. However, rather than giving us blanket pre-approval for a set amount, they began by asking what our range was, our estimated down payment, and then authorized us for THAT amount...which was about $25-30K higher than we ended up.

But (and I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating), had that guy not lived WAY beyond his means (and if millions of others didn't do the same) then the economy would shrink and MORE people would lose their jobs. We live in the insane and unsustainable economic situation of having the unhappy choice between high unemployment or high financial irresponsibility (i.e. personal debt).
Sister burn the temple

#390 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

I've taken what I considered huge risk in the past, using credit cards, cash and home equity lines of credit in order to do it. These were risks I assumed so I could get ahead in life. While they were ( It thought) very well thought out, it only would take one stroke of bad luck, or one thing I hadn't thought of to spank my ass and wipe me out. When you leverage yourself, you can't always win, it simply doesn't work that way.

That's what I just said. I put my last credits on my credit card because I had to get my degree. But then again, when you get free schooling from the military, what the fuck does he know, right?

I don't blame you...if you had a semester to go and don't finish, all that other debt was just wasted. But why credit card? Surely any student loan would have had a better rate. Cards are often 20+%. Gov't student loans are usually discounted relative to private student loans, but I would imagine both to be cheaper than a card.
Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users