#391 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Housing issues aside...Why is it when people in this country leverage themselves to try and get ahead (college for instance) it's bad, but with business it's a considered a gutsy move?

I've taken what I considered huge risk in the past, using credit cards, cash and home equity lines of credit in order to do it. These were risks I assumed so I could get ahead in life. While they were ( It thought) very well thought out, it only would take one stroke of bad luck, or one thing I hadn't thought of to spank my ass and wipe me out. When you leverage yourself, you can't always win, it simply doesn't work that way.

That's what I just said. I put my last credits on my credit card because I had to get my degree. But then again, when you get free schooling from the military, what the fuck does he know, right?

I don't blame you...if you had a semester to go and don't finish, all that other debt was just wasted. But why credit card? Surely any student loan would have had a better rate. Cards are often 20+%. Gov't student loans are usually discounted relative to private student loans, but I would imagine both to be cheaper than a card.

I couldn't receive any more student loans, that's why I put it on the card. Believe me, I spoke extensively w/the financial aid office, couldn't do it.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#392 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Well, there ya go. It seems odd that they would cut off students making good progress toward finishing.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#393 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Well, there ya go. It seems odd that they would cut off students making good progress toward finishing.

When you've been in school for too long, you get cut off. Unless you change your major or add to it I believe. I've been in school on & off obviously since I was 18, too many credits.

#394 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Interesting article. As someone currently going through closing on a home, that certainly puts my life in perspective. Despite the fact that lending has tightened considerably, the bank was still willing to go beyond what I felt was a safe amount for me and my family. However, rather than giving us blanket pre-approval for a set amount, they began by asking what our range was, our estimated down payment, and then authorized us for THAT amount...which was about $25-30K higher than we ended up.

I'm sure the banks didn't really want to loan you that extra money. My guess is somebody in Obama's bloated gubbermint was forcing them to.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#395 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Joe Walsh ins the guy who is $100,000 in arrears on his child support in case anyone isn't following that. Blaming the government for the banking crisis is beyond fucking retarded for anyone whose actually looked at the facts. Unfortunately America thinks facts are a liberal conspiracy.
Show me your dragon magic

#396 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Shut my girlfriend down:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gNus5Dnm-g[/url]

#397 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Joe Walsh ins the guy who is $100,000 in arrears on his child support in case anyone isn't following that. Blaming the government for the banking crisis is beyond fucking retarded for anyone whose actually looked at the facts. Unfortunately America thinks facts are a liberal conspiracy.

Really? Huh, I did not know that. Now that's interesting. $100G.....that is a whole lotta money.

#398 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Shut my girlfriend down:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gNus5Dnm-g[/url]

Just saw this on CNN. It was too messy, you couldn't hear what they were trying to say.

#399 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Jut watched a documentary named: Inside Job. I give this five stars. Anybody interested in how we got into this mess should watch this film.

#400 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

Jut watched a documentary named: Inside Job.

I give this five stars. Anybody interested in how we got into this mess should watch this film.

I read the book which I felt was well worth the time.

#401 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

http://www.guardian....-data-animation
Show me your dragon magic

#402 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I think the thing that bothers me the most is how much money you can make being an awful, horrible, failure of an executive. Shit, give me 10% of the average execs salary. I'll crash your fuckin' company into the ground and save you millions to do so!
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#403 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

I know, that's what chaps my ass the most. These severance packages these asshole get for ruining our economy.

#404 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Oh tell me about it! Morons get elected to public office for two years and get benefits for the rest of their life! Meanwhile the average american is stuck paying the bill.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#405 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Looks like your sarcasm meter had a rebuild...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users