503 replies to this topic

#31 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

What in the world makes you think that I care when and where Jackson and Sharpton will be pushing their agenda? I roll my eyes mighty high when they get involved with nearly anything.

I don't know what "war on blacks" accusations you're referring to. If it's that whites kill lots of blacks then that is, indeed, false. If it's that blacks have higher rates of poverty, incarceration, a lower life expectancy, less education, and are broadly treated differently in our justice system than are whites, whether those individuals are victims or criminals, then yes...there is a war of sorts.

I'm not addressing your opinion. You haven't stated what you think on the matter. I'm addressing the media circus. And the disparity in crime, poverty and quality of life can all be attributed to the reality that nearly 2/3 of all blacks in the nation are born out of wedlock and remain in single parent homes. But that is a seperate issue, and no one on the left wants to address the cause of the disparity, just mention that the disparity exists.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#32 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

The police found Zimmerman innocent by self defense. They were there, and had all the facts. We didn't even know that Martin assaulted Zimmerman until yesterday because of the one sided propaganda war going on. What anout the MS college kid who was killed Saturday by 3 blacks? They have yet to be apprehended. Will Jackson and Sharpton assist the white kids parents and demand justice? Will Obama say that this kid looked like his son. Of course not, because it's bullshit political posturing. When someone provides the masses with facts, such as 80% of black crime victims were assaulted by other blacks, it falls on deaf ears and we are forced to listen to made up accusations of a war on blacks. It's a bullshit double standard. And those who get caught up in the Martin case do nothing but show their own ignorance.

Pretty arrogant post Flagg. We're not a bunch of uniformed dolts with you, our savior, bringing the "real truth" to rescue us from our ignorance.

#33 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton is seeking to trademark phrases with her son's name.

According to applications filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by the family's attorney last week, Fulton wants to trademark "I am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon" for use in DVDs and CDs memorializing the slain teenager.

In the wake of the news that her son had been suspended from school after traces of marijuana were found in his book bag, Fulton said Monday that those leaking information were trying to blame the victim. "They killed my son, and now they are trying to kill his reputation," Fulton said.

Fulton's trademark application could be fuel for critics who contend Martin's parents—and civil rights activists like Rev. Al Sharpton—are trying to capitalize on the killing for personal or financial gain.

But Martin—who was unarmed when he was shot by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, in Sanford, Fla., last month—and the hooded sweatshirt he was wearing at the time he was killed, have become symbols of the country's racial divide and the pursuit of justice. Martin's family may simply be trying to gain some control over his name, which has been cropping up on t-shirts and hoodies across the country.

Zimmerman's image, meanwhile, appears on a t-shirt that is causing even more furor in Florida. Zimmerman's face appears on the shirt under the phrase "P*** A** CRACKER." A photo of a Florida rapper—Plies—wearing the shirt was posted on Twitter, sparking outrage among Zimmerman's supporters.

Very sad that this is devolving into a circus. The truth will be lost in all of this nonsense.

#34 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Pretty arrogant post Flagg. We're not a bunch of uniformed dolts with you, our savior, bringing the "real truth" to rescue us from our ignorance.

you make a comment saying he was shot for being black. No reference to his assault on Zimmerman. You jumped to a conclusion long before you had heard both sides. I'm not the savior of shit, cause I don't know all the facts. I'm just pointing out you have no conception of Justice and want revenge for a perceived insult. You don't know what happened, yet you are already supporting Martin. Who's being arrogant in their assertions?

#35 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Why is Flagg so angry that people are following this case? Keeps throwing out "emotional" & "bullshit political posturing".
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#36 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton is seeking to trademark phrases with her son's name.

According to applications filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by the family's attorney last week, Fulton wants to trademark "I am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon" for use in DVDs and CDs memorializing the slain teenager.

In the wake of the news that her son had been suspended from school after traces of marijuana were found in his book bag, Fulton said Monday that those leaking information were trying to blame the victim. "They killed my son, and now they are trying to kill his reputation," Fulton said.

Fulton's trademark application could be fuel for critics who contend Martin's parents—and civil rights activists like Rev. Al Sharpton—are trying to capitalize on the killing for personal or financial gain.

But Martin—who was unarmed when he was shot by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, in Sanford, Fla., last month—and the hooded sweatshirt he was wearing at the time he was killed, have become symbols of the country's racial divide and the pursuit of justice. Martin's family may simply be trying to gain some control over his name, which has been cropping up on t-shirts and hoodies across the country.

Zimmerman's image, meanwhile, appears on a t-shirt that is causing even more furor in Florida. Zimmerman's face appears on the shirt under the phrase "P*** A** CRACKER." A photo of a Florida rapper—Plies—wearing the shirt was posted on Twitter, sparking outrage among Zimmerman's supporters.

The funny thing is that Zimmerman doesn't consider himself white. Again, if they consider Obama black (and trust me they do) then why is Zimmerman white all of a sudden. the only people injecting race into this are the idiots out in mass protest. I noticed in one of the photos of a rally a speaker wearing a hoodie that said "Proud to be black." And you guys claim Racism only comes from the south. :rolleyes:

#37 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

you make a comment saying he was shot for being black. No reference to his assault on Zimmerman. You jumped to a conclusion long before you had heard both sides. I'm not the savior of shit, cause I don't know all the facts. I'm just pointing out you have no conception of Justice and want revenge for a perceived insult. You don't know what happened, yet you are already supporting Martin. Who's being arrogant in their assertions?

You don't know what happened either & you're supporting Zimmerman. And P.S., yes, I know you have me on ignore, I don't give a shit because I'm positive you can't help yourself but read my posts. "waves"

#38 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

LOL, wow Flagg, you're working yourself into a lather. Calm the fuck down spunky.

#39 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'm not addressing your opinion. You haven't stated what you think on the matter. I'm addressing the media circus. And the disparity in crime, poverty and quality of life can all be attributed to the reality that nearly 2/3 of all blacks in the nation are born out of wedlock and remain in single parent homes. But that is a seperate issue, and no one on the left wants to address the cause of the disparity, just mention that the disparity exists.

Single parent homes are part of the cause, but saying that those things "can all be attributed" to this one fact is a huge stretch. If you're going to speak in absolutes, it had better be in the realms of math or physics, because no such absolutes exist with people in the equation.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#40 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Of course, but I believe it is the primary contributor. Remove it and the disparity vastly changes. Then you can reassess and implement changes as needed.

#41 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

The funny thing is that Zimmerman doesn't consider himself white. Again, if they consider Obama black (and trust me they do) then why is Zimmerman white all of a sudden. the only people injecting race into this are the idiots out in mass protest. I noticed in one of the photos of a rally a speaker wearing a hoodie that said "Proud to be black." And you guys claim Racism only comes from the south. :rolleyes:

I've heard him reported as "white hispanic". Since hispanic generally means his origins are from a Spanish speaking place, rather than anything about color, he can be both a white guy and hispanic. Latin America is full of white people who have very little indigenous blood. Their ties are almost entirely to Spanish or Portuguese ancestors, rather than to the indigenous populations or black slave populations that were also present. We generally think of "hispanic" or "Latino" as meaning the racially mixed (part indigenous, part European) stereotype, but it's a false generalization.

Who says racism is only in the South?
Sister burn the temple

#42 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Plain & simple, laws like this allow people to literally get away with murder, no questions asked. Sounds like I need to get my ass a gun & start shooting. Hey, it was in self defense! Hey, he came onto my porch! So what if he didn't have a weapon, what I say goes. What a fucking bullshit thing I can't even believe it actuallly exists. Not only in Florida but the castle law in my state.

#43 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Of course, but I believe it is the primary contributor. Remove it and the disparity vastly changes. Then you can reassess and implement changes as needed.

So a kid born to a mother, with a father in prison...is that an issue of incarceration or single parent? Chicken, meet egg...now who came first? You can't so easily separate out all the causes, because they're interrelated.
Sister burn the temple

#44 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Plain & simple, laws like this allow people to literally get away with murder, no questions asked. Sounds like I need to get my ass a gun & start shooting. Hey, it was in self defense! Hey, he came onto my porch! So what if he didn't have a weapon, what I say goes. What a fucking bullshit thing I can't even believe it actuallly exists. Not only in Florida but the castle law in my state.

I"m ok with the general idea of castle doctrine as applied to INSIDE your home. Once someone crosses that boundary, and you don't know why they're there, then I'd weigh the uncertainty + possibility of a threat to one's life in favor of the homeowner.

What pisses me off is when some jackholes in Texas let some nut go intentionally exits his home to attack someone else. If there was no threat to life, then there is no reason to fire.
Sister burn the temple

#45 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Maybe the woman shouldn't sleep with a man who has a propensity for crimes that would land him in prison. There's an umbrella of problems connected to single parents. End the championing of single parents, or at least ambiguity and we make a step forward. I'm not saying it will be easy or even possible. But there is your cause. You can play chicken or egg games all day long, but the reality is that single parenting has increased across the country and moreso in blacks than any other ethnic group. Incarceration and violent crimes in turn, followed. It's easy to look at one person and be empathetic. My cousin is a single mother and I can relate to her struggles. But at the end of the day, she chose to hang around with certain people and elected to sleep with one of them. She didn't practice safe sex, and chose to have the child rather than abort it. The girl I dated in college chose to sleep with someone else and now is a single mother. Choices were made and there are consequences for them. Kids are expensive. One article I read said that your average child cost upwards of 500k over their first 18 years. Now if I bought a 500k sports car, then bitched I was too poor to pay my bills or have a nice standard of living, would you feel sorry for me? Of course not. So why is that any different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users