#61 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Exactly. Teacher's unions are pro-murder of teachers and students. See above explanation which might as well read "What a fucking hypocrite!".

Next time you hear some blowhard, merchant of hate, chickenhawk waste of oxygen cunt pontificating about teachers unions - remember the unarmed teachers in Newtown who sacrificed themselves for their kids and consider who really is the selfish party........
Show me your dragon magic

#62 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Tennessee pastor: Mass shootings because schools teach evolution and ‘how to be a homo’

http://www.rawstory....w-to-be-a-homo/

Awesome, they just keep on coming. Fucking assholes.

#63 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Tennessee pastor: Mass shootings because schools teach evolution and ‘how to be a homo’

http://www.rawstory....w-to-be-a-homo/

Awesome, they just keep on coming. Fucking assholes.

Seems like the shooters aren't the only ones trying to outdo themselves.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#64 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

A Murder-Suicide In Colorado Left Four Dead Today

And in Utah.

#65 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

A Murder-Suicide In Colorado Left Four Dead Today

And in Utah.

Bunch of copycats.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#66 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

An emotional New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Monday afternoon that if the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School does not inspire action on gun control from the White House and Congress, "it will be a stain on our nation's commitment to protecting the innocent, including our children."

Bloomberg, a staunch and confrontational proponent of gun control, laid out a three-pronged plan for legislative action. The mayor urged the president to enforce stronger background checks on gun sales by executive order, with "a simple stroke of his pen, not needing approval from anybody else," he said.

Bloomberg said it was also time to "pass an enforceable and effective assault weapons ban," which expired in 2004 despite support for reinstatement from President George W. Bush.

Lastly, Bloomberg said the president and Congress "should make gun trafficking a felony," citing the Gun Trafficking Prevention act sponsored by New York Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.

"This legislative package would make it harder for criminals, drug abusers, and the mentally ill to get guns," said Bloomberg, adding that the three steps would not be a "panacea," but would "go a long way" to limiting gun violence.

The mayor also called on the president to make it "a higher priority" to appoint a director to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a government department that has not had a confirmed director for six years. "Can you imagine the outrage if the Department of Homeland Security went six years without a director?" said Bloomberg.

"If the massacre in Tucson wasn't enough to make our national leaders act," added Bloomberg, "and if the bloodshed in Aurora, Colorado; in Oak Creek, Wisconsin; in Portland, Oregon; and in other cities and towns wasn't enough — perhaps this slaughter of innocence at Sandy Hook Elementary School will at long last be enough."

Regarding the possibility that Congress and the president will be too tied up with fiscal cliff negotiations to act on gun control, the mayor said, "If Congress and the president can't focus on two things at once, who on earth did we elect?"

http://www.buzzfeed....pass-gun-contro
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#67 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Let's Have That Conversation About Guns

#iThing #word
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#68 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

#iThing #word

And let me end this brief conversation with a question: Is there anyone who doesn’t wish someone else at Sandy Hook had a gun?

Too bad he couldn't name all the times an armed civilian stopped one of these mass shootings.

Oh yea he can't...because they never have. That only happens in some macho day dream fantasy, never in real life.

#69 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Is there no end to these stupid fucking cunts blaming anything but guns. what the conversation really needs is

1. Deconflating the second amendment from whether guns are the problem. These are not the same question, but they are always blurred and that's why nothing ever really changes.

2. An honest dissemination of the actual facts/statistics about gun crime so we can make up our own minds.

3. An end to the intelligence insulting bullshit that it's about school prayer, homosexuality, evolution etc etc. The snake oil salesmen and religious charlatans need to fuck right off out of the conversation until they have something that's actually real to contribute.

#70 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I don't know the exact figures but saw one quote of 7 million teachers/college professors in the USA. Who thinks it's a good idea if they (we in my case) all are carrying a gun in every class? think about every teacher/professor you ever had and then decide whether it's a good idea. (freedom, think about your colleagues - or maybe not, scared the hell out of me.) It's a high stress environment at times, introducing 7 million guns into classroom.....really.......no, seriously. Couldn't possibly go wrong.

#71 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Guns and Gun Deaths in the United States by the Numbers

#iThing #word

#72 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Last one for the evening:
Two Wounded in Theater Shooting

Curious to see if anything actually changes with gun laws. I think there will be the usual sound and fury that fades away because it is doubtful that any gun laws will actually make it through the House with all the fiscal cliff stuff sucking up all the oxygen.

#iThing #word

#73 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Guns and Gun Deaths in the United States by the Numbers

http://en.wikipedia....ated_death_rate

The USA is way, way higher than any other western country. And here's the thing, I agree - the USA is not a more violent country for the general population. I feel safer on the NYC subway at 2am than in the small town in England where my mother lives at the time pubs close. But the means to cause sudden, multiple deaths is not available so it doesn't happen. The reason for the higher gun homicide rates here is the acces to guns, end of story.

#74 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Last one for the evening:
Two Wounded in Theater Shooting

Curious to see if anything actually changes with gun laws. I think there will be the usual sound and fury that fades away because it is doubtful that any gun laws will actually make it through the House with all the fiscal cliff stuff sucking up all the oxygen.

It won't fade away, it will get worse and worse. I hope I'm wrong, but I predict something worse than Newtown happens within 12 months.

#75 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Inspired by seeing Billy Connolly last week, I'm on a mission to redefine 'cunt' to mean anyone who blames the Newtown massacre on anything but easy access to guns. I hope I'm only offending those who I want to offend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users