#46 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

This is a killer song(one of her best) and this video was very controversial when it was released. Youtube initially pulled it.

Its a shame how her career turned out. Hit the world over the head with a sledgehammer with her debut Arular, its followup Kala one of the greatest albums ever made and the song Paper Planes turned her into a household name, the followup to that MAYA is when it all started falling apart. People in her camp saying her shtick was all an act, media turning on her,etc. If that wasn't bad enough, that fabricated bullshit where she flips the crowd off during that Super Bowl performance with Madonna was absurd. It was the type of stunt she used to make fun of other artists for doing. She never recovered from it. Her last album was pure shit. Her upcoming album is going to be about this latest refugee crisis and I have little desire to hear it although I will for shits and giggles.

I was a hardcore fan 2005-09 but she lost me as a fan. Early in her career she had the unpredictability of Axl but just like him, became a shell of her former self.

Here's her latest song called Borders....

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#47 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

She's got some wild stuff. Some I really like, and some not so much. I have all of her albums on my iPod, and should probably give them a listen again. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#48 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

This song here is one of the great album intros and also one of the greatest concert openers ever. Always opened with it on that Kala tour and would always give me chills. 

I wish someone had got footage of me at those shows. I did not fit in to say the least. I looked like a biker transported there from the 70s and I'm surrounded by a ton of hipsters. 

This song completely blew my mind when she leaked it in early 2007.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#49 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

#50 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:22 AM

Not a big Beyonce fan but I just googled this and she just dropped it on the masses out of the blue. Also did this with an album a couple years ago. We all know what Trent did with The Slip of course.

THIS is what GNR need to do right now. Just ONE song/video and it'll take the hype to an insane level. 

This is the type of thing artists/bands have to do in this era. Just hit people with it when they least expect it, then it immediately spreads like wildfire through social media, mainstream media outlets, and online media as well. Its win-win. Even if people don't like the song/video, they are talking about it and while talking about it, its trending.

I wish TB were out of the equation completely. If they could get proper management, this Scooby Doo horse shit would come to an immediate halt.

----------

-Adolf Hitler

#51 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Lynn...

#52 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:43 AM

Fiona Apple from her debut album. This album is a masterpiece. I think she has a reputation for being either an angry woman or a flake which is a shame. Her voice truly is an instrument. I don't see how a man alive could listen to this song and not want to be the object of her love.

Tracy Chapman from her debut album. Always reminded me of a Peter Gabriel & Aunt Jemima love child. Yes, I know that sounds racist. It's really a compliment because at a time when women were expected to wear make-up and show their tits, here comes this black woman with nappy knots who basically wore a potato sack on stage. Almost every song on this album is good.

Stevie Nicks from Rumours. I don't really care for all that witchy-70's garb and whatnot, but HER songs have always represented the best Fleetwood Mac has to offer in my opinion. I read that she even had the idea for the bass line to mimic a beating heart in this song which is what makes it so mesmerizing. There is a creepy Christine McVie song on here called "Oh, Daddy" which makes me gag. All of the songs on here by Americans are good.

#53 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:21 AM

Love that Tracy Chapman record. Rumours is a classic. Other good female albums I really liked:

MI0002817302.jpg 

394528_316620415043620_449209296_n.jpg 

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#54 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

to_bring_you_my_love.jpg

#55 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

Fiona Apple from her debut album. This album is a masterpiece. I think she has a reputation for being either an angry woman or a flake which is a shame. Her voice truly is an instrument. I don't see how a man alive could listen to this song and not want to be the object of her love.

It's a really good album...much better than just "the hit".

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#56 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

#57 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

#58 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:27 AM

Fiona Apple is amazing. Strange career though and unfortunately  very few albums. Extraordinary Machine is  her Chinese Democracy. Forced to waste a third of her career on one album her label didn't even want. She never recovered from the experience.

Rumours is easily one of the greatest albums ever made. Its right up there with AFD, Dark Side of the Moon, and Superunknown.

I got so sick of that Tracy Chapman album. I had an aunt that played that on a continuous loop back then for like a year. How it didn't drive my cousins completely insane I'll never know.

PJ Harvey reminds of Liz Phair in the fact that she should have been huge in the mid 90s. Both got loads of publicity to a degree but it was just bad timing for both.

-Adolf Hitler

#59 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

^ ART

Like the sound of Vega's voice more than her music, if you know what I mean.

^ART

Had that cassette by Sinead O'Connor. Used to like it but not anymore. Still like that duet she did called Haunted, though.

^HITLER

Know what you mean about playing something incessantly. I did that to myself with a Counting Crows album a long time ago.To this day, whenever I hear a song from that album, I have to turn it off because it freaks me out. I start feeling panicky and anxious. Funny how sounds can impact mood to such a level. Frightening really.

#60 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:34 AM

Sinead....now there's a unique talent that got flushed. That incident on SNL ruined her. Had it happened in this era I think she'd recover just fine and if anything, actually gain new fans.

She had the worst timing with that....massive single....massive album....people started buying her debut and realizing she should have already been huge....then BOOM....SNL....then into obscurity. I realize she released more albums but nothing close to what she was doing before.

A few years ago she had reduced herself to begging guys for anal sex on some personals site.

I think Troy is one of the greatest songs ever.

-Adolf Hitler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users