#47 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:05 PM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#48 Arminius

Arminius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

There's really no counter argument to it.

If the same standards were applied across the board people would see how eschewed the rhetoric are in these issues. Christians, Patriots = sick and degenerate. Islamism = misunderstood, religious freedom etc.

We have the exact same thing over here in Europe.

#49 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

12345395_456312781223505_272543058918022

There's really no counter argument to it.

If the same standards were applied across the board people would see how eschewed the rhetoric are in these issues. Christians, Patriots = sick and degenerate. Islamism = misunderstood, religious freedom etc.

We have the exact same thing over here in Europe.

The counter argument is that it's wholly inaccurate.  The Confederate Battle Flag wasn't "banned"; it was lowered at one state capitol.  Nor could it be banned, as it's an act of free speech.  Despite living in the North, I can get in my car and drive about 2-3 miles to a (typically run down, piece of shit) house that flies the Battle Flag 24/7/365.  For this to be comparable, Islam would have to have a comparable position in California to what the Battle Flag had in South Carolina.  There's no reason to believe this was true in California or anywhere else in the United States. 

I don't know anything about Confederate statues being removed, but as for erasing Confederate history this seems unlikely, given the fact that we have the internet, books, and Ken Burns's Civil War documentary. 

The only real similarity between the two is that both arguments are unconstitutional.  As much as you cannot ban an act of free speech, you similarly cannot ban a religion, its texts, symbology, or garb.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#50 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

#51 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

The mayor of New Orleans is moving to have 4 Confederate monuments/statues removed from their public locations while the young African-American residents continue to shoot each other practically every day. Fighting the Confederacy is easy, fighting fatherless feral children is hard (and politically incorrect).

That SC shooter succeeded in getting the Dukes of Hazard banned from TV. May he rot in hell.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#52 Arminius

Arminius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

The counter argument is that it's wholly inaccurate.  The Confederate Battle Flag wasn't "banned"; it was lowered at one state capitol.  Nor could it be banned, as it's an act of free speech.  Despite living in the North, I can get in my car and drive about 2-3 miles to a (typically run down, piece of shit) house that flies the Battle Flag 24/7/365.  For this to be comparable, Islam would have to have a comparable position in California to what the Battle Flag had in South Carolina.  There's no reason to believe this was true in California or anywhere else in the United States. 

I don't know anything about Confederate statues being removed, but as for erasing Confederate history this seems unlikely, given the fact that we have the internet, books, and Ken Burns's Civil War documentary. 

The only real similarity between the two is that both arguments are unconstitutional.  As much as you cannot ban an act of free speech, you similarly cannot ban a religion, its texts, symbology, or garb.

As accurate as it needs to be.

It highlights how we as a society react completely different to two principally equal issues. In one case you can have calls for bans and legislation with not much fuzz, in the other the same rhetoric will get you labeled a hate mongering hitlerite. The Constitution may protect both, but it's clear they aren't equal in the eyes of society.

#53 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

#54 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:38 PM

Here’s Everything I Wanted To Say About Islam Yesterday, But Couldn’t

#iThing #word

#55 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

I like Milo, though he tends to oversimplify and makes pretty lame analogies.

Sister burn the temple

#56 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

It is amazing to watch the tribalness of this event. Mainstream media and the left have all but ignored the Islamic terrorism of Orlando and have gone wall to wall gun control. The right is Islamic invasion 24/7. 

#57 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

It is amazing to watch the tribalness of this event. Mainstream media and the left have all but ignored the Islamic terrorism of Orlando and have gone wall to wall gun control. The right is Islamic invasion 24/7. 

We'd fuck up evreything else just to "win" politics. 

Sister burn the temple

#58 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

In some ways they are both right. If you add in deeply rooted anti gay sentiment and a man struggling with sexual identity/self hatred (born from religion), that would also be accurate. The Orlando shooting was the result of many different moving parts, and I think any group would be doing it a disservice by claiming it was simply "this" that caused it. On the other hand, I don't think most people are capable of having a discussion at that level. Too tribal. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#59 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

And You Thought The Alt-Right Was Bad! The Day ‘Arabic Twitter’ Threatened To Bomb, Decapitate And Sodomize Me

#60 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...-16o?format=jpg

#iThing #word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users