#7922 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

Not sure if it's all a big joke or intentionally racist about herself.  But it is fabulous.

I AM LING!

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7923 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:39 AM

http://www.theguardi...-net-neutrality

Is anyone else having issues with their internet...trying to get into certain websites?  For about the last week, we have been having issues in this house with websites loading veeerrrrry slowly or not being able to even get into them.  Initially, it was major sites, such as FB, Twitter, Ticketmaster, Amazon, etc.  Sometimes the sites would load, but only partially.  This hasn't mattered whether it has been by i-phone, laptop, or pc.  I had an issue loading Netflix on my TV for a couple of days.  This is literally, waiting, while that little circle spins around and around and around and nothing ever happens.  We have spyware and antivirus, etc.  Just got a new modem through at&t (our internet provider).  My son took everything out of the pc and reloaded it all (there's a name for that, but I forget what it's called).  I've thought it might be the router, but he doesn't think so.  Anyway, after he did all that, the major sites are loading, now, but now can't load up many minor sites that come up through search.  OR, I might load up a little local news sight, but can't get into some of the subcategories (i.e. obits, weather, whatever).  Like I said, this has been about the past week that we have been having issues. I'm wondering whether the above has anything to do with it.  I just don't know....... :(   But I'm sick of it!  

#7924 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

Try changing the dns server in the router away from your providers. Try Open DNS. This may help.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#7925 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Thanks.  I will try it.  :)

#7926 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

No. Honestly, it sounds like something more on your end. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#7927 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

http://chicago.craig...4666719022.html

Divorce sale (Schaumburg)

start time : 0 Dark thirty

Left my career of 14 years to move my bride of 18 years back home only to be told to get out 48 hours later and served with divorce papers within 5 days. Now she has my daughter, 20 percent of my net pay, the car that's paid off, my insurance, etc. I am stuck with the mortgage from the house down south and am being bled to death with legal fees, orthodontist bills, and all the "shared" (as in I am paying 99.999 percent) debts until we can get this divorce final, but enough of my sob story. I need to sell some stuff in order to stay afloat this month and pay off another one of her creditors that has a lien on the house I am trying to sell. So how does that benefit you? Well...

WELCOME TO CRAZY EDDIES STORAGE UNIT SALE!

Once an ordinary, hard-working, and somewhat humble man, when backed into a corner, Eddie found out he had an amazing gift. Yes, it turns out that the seemingly benign key he found in the box of stuff that he tearfully loaded into the car after kissing his daughter goodbye was for the storage unit that he had paid for. Utilizing the skills honed by the elite organization he worked for (a.k.a. The Gainfully Employed) he was able to remotely and instantly remove his wife's access to the treasure trove that had been accumulated over the years.

AND WHAT IS IN THIS TREASURE TROVE? Is it precious artwork looted by the Nazis and stored for years in secret vaults? Gold? The ark of the covenant? Jimmy Hoffa's body? An arsenal of weapons?

HELL NO! Put out the reefer and let's get real here. I already sold the guns last month so my kid's orthodontist and her lawyer could fuel up the cabin cruiser and throw a swank party on the Fox River. Hope you made it. Heard it was epic. If you heard the Eagle's "Life In the Fast Lane" blasting over the all-weather BOSE system, you were there.

This is more like the excitement you may have felt at Geraldo opening Al Capone's vaults, only the stuff behind this wall is probably dustier and worth less than the empty liquor bottles. Basically I have some stuff that I am not going to need in several years that I am paying $146 per month on because she "had to have" this crap moved 376 miles so it could sit in the dark and cost me money, but hey that was her modus operandi for years...just sitting in the dark, costing me money. Not that I'm bitter or anything, and to be honest, I could never get her to turn the lights off to save money, but I digress again. Here is a brief list of the kind of stuff I am trying to shed from the shed as the snake with whom I have been living sheds her skin:

Microwave oven - Think it's a GE. Don't ask me size or wattage. If you're looking for size, I'm not your man. You looking for quick and dirty? Operators are standing by. Think it's stainless steel, with a turntable (only one and no microphone, though Beck fans.) I'll take $40 bucks for it.

Splitting maul- Oh the things one could do with this. This is the heavy, black handled variety that I bought at Lowe's. Looks like a sledgehammer and an axe got freaky. Splits oak and other woods just fine and I'm just a skinny comedian. Imagine how good this thing will work when your...I'll take $10 bucks for it, and I swear there's no DNA on it.

Trailer hitch-Reese 2" ball, 2" drop, 2" inch square tube, 3/4" rise with lock. Bought this for the first wave of the move from Walmart. Cost about $25 on the shelf. Used once to pull a U-haul trailer gently, as so much of her precious crap was in there, back North. I will sell for $10

HP color laser printer- CP1525nw. Works fine. Black toner is low but that's okay. If your finances are anything like mine right now your spreadsheets probably won't have any need for it. Will sell for $60

Drop spreader- Oh where one who is so witty could go with the puns here, but I'm trying to keep the rating PG. Drops more grass seed per acre than her hippie friends. $10

Orvis fly rod and reel- 4pc, 4wt, Trident with Rock Mountain II reel. Great trout rig. I am keeping the bigger one for the salmon run on the Root River. She put this on layaway for me in 1998 when I was graduating college and working full time. "Congrats, honey! I know you love fishing and debt, so I put $50 down on a pole that will cost you over $500 out of pocket before you can use it. Oh, and that weekend trip to Arkansas is a no-go. My mom will be in town and you need to drive us to the wineries." Did not use this much except when I traveled for work and had a day off. Packs down into a 36" tube. Will sell for $275

Wheelbarrow-This hauled lots of dirt and the 7 tons of gravel she had dropped in the driveway on the hottest day of the hottest year of the hottest decade that was conveniently piled so as to not allow me to park my car until it was all moved. She was actually pretty nice and kept shuttling water out to me as I sweat out what the mosquitoes did not drain. It might have been that I kept looking at the sovek, then her, then the shovel, then her. Think I was runner up in the Swamp Ass King election. Steel body, inflatable front tire. Hauls kids around pretty well too and brings back memories that I find priceless. Yours for $20. This is actually in her mother's garage if she has not sold it already.

Yakima Mega Joe Elite superfly Sammy Hagar trunk mounted 3 bike carrier. Brand new in the box. Bought this and intended to haul my Trek road bike around to ride trails, but never got around to doing that. Was trying to make myself horribly fat and unattractive as part of my evil plan to get her to leave me. She actually said that I premeditated this entire divorce. Think she was huffing the insect repellent which explains the empty can in storage. Sells for about $100 brand new. Yours for $50. The bike was sold to a smoking hot, blonde, nurse who was buying this for her boyfriend and handed me $600 cash from the overtime she had worked that week. Wonder if I still have her number...

I will attach some photos that I have now, and hope to get some more later on. I am working nights M-F in Elmhurst and the stuff is in a storage unit in Schaumburg. I am living in Algonquin with my parents, "Hey guys, that weekend is going to be a bit longer than I thought..." who have been graciously feeding me and supporting me as I hand every stinking dime I have over to people who don't appreciate me. Great news is that my daughter still loves me even though I'm broke, and I will be in much better shape in two months.

Want to offer me less? Low ball me? Kick me when I'm down? Go ahead. I don't think you could possibly insult me more than asking me to transfer another chunk of money into your account then immediately asking me to leave after I did it. Yep, love is grand, and divorce is about a hundred grand. Would love to sell the luggage, but I think I'm going to carry this baggage around for a while.

Hope you enjoyed the post. You're cheaper than therapy right now. Would put a cell number to send texts to, but the night shift has my hours jacked up already so I don't want the phone chirping when I'm trying to sleep. Also, on the off chance that her lawyer gets hold of this as an example of the "repeated and extreme mental cruelty", I don't want my phone number attached to it directly. I'm not selling anything that I did not pay for and am still paying all of her bills which make the few hundred I might make here a joke. Your emails will be answered in the order received as I am available to do so.

If you'd like to make a donation to a complete stranger in a desperate situation, throw an extra $20 in the plate at church this week or find a charity to support. Although baby momma be killin' me, I will pull myself up by my bootstraps as I have always done and get through this in short order. I was actually blessed with a better job in the process of moving back and just need to get through September and October. After that, I will be able to do more for others again.

Thanks and God bless-

Crazy Eddie

#7928 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

ha, reminds me of Jmack. 

#7929 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'm so over Facebook. It's so boring. I need a new forum to post on, some place that's not overrun with crazy 'baggers. 

#7930 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'm so over Facebook. It's so boring. I need a new forum to post on, some place that's not overrun with crazy 'baggers. 

Or crazy sort-of-friends........

#7931 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

^ Never liked it. Love the Twitter. #iThing #word

#7932 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

really don't like social media at all, unless things like this forum count.  I briefly really enjoyed Myspace, because you had a lot of control over the personalization of your page, but then EVERYONE decided that facebook was the way to go and it became a graveyard.  Resisted joining facebook for a few years until I preferred to stop being harassed by friends about it. 

I check it rarely enough that I get a "Welcome back to facebook!" email when I log in. :D

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7933 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

^ Never liked it. Love the Twitter. #iThing #word

I can't get a hang of Twitter. Every now and then I see something that irritates me, so I post some dickish stuff, and then dip back out. 

I like forums better because everybody sees the same thing and is talking about the same post/topics. They are there to talk. Facebook  is like logging onto a forum and only seeing 15% of the topics, or having to search for topics (all while sifting through a million other things you could care less about.)  I'd also prefer to be anonymous. When I tell a gun nut he's an asshole and it's got my full name and xyz realty right next to it, it's probably not the smartest thing to do. heh heh

#7934 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

I like Twitter because you can be antisocial on it. It actually has a number of uses for me. News, humor, trolling, stuff I have an interest in. But I see your points about FB. There is simply too much noise to signal and FB uses some crazy sorting so you seem to not see stuff you want, just stuff you don't. FB is not designed for the end user, it is designed to maximize FB's earnings. Twitter is still customizable enough to set it up for what you want. #iThing #word

#7935 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

This was pretty cool:

http://www.rollingst...stones-20140920

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users