8753 replies to this topic

#7966 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

Also, the Missus is really gettin' good at photoshop. Gotta hand it to her. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#7967 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

Epic four hour hike today. We got up pretty high, and then the temp dropped 10 degrees or so almost instantly-down to the 40's. I can't believe how quickly it became cold, lol. Freezing the next 90 minutes down. Very beautiful though. Tomorrow I'm hitting Valley of Fire, which is about an hour away and looks amazing. We should have some great photos from that one too. 

#7968 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

Seeing 4000 year old petroglyphs was amazing today. Seeing other morons who scribbled "Love you Deb" or "Hal 2012" on top of them...makes my blood boil. And there was no shortage of assholes who felt the need to add their thoughts to these ancient rocks either.

Why must people shit all over amazing things? Lake Tahoe had graffiti all over the rocks, I hike up a couple of hours in the Spring Mountains and find graffiti on rocks or outside of caves...what has happened? Who thinks we all want to see their stupid shit? Why not spray paint, or carve up where you live instead?

I swear, if I came across somebody doing this, I'd punch them in the mouth, it makes me so fucking angry. 

Anyway....Valley of Fire was pretty amazing. This is not my picture, we haven't processed the ones we took yet. But I'll be putting some up soon.  

28vd6yu.jpg

#7969 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

Yeah, we're all pretty fuckin sure we're special, aren't we?  Real pity to see that crap.  You've got some beautiful parks out your way

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7970 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

People are dicks. I was lucky enough to see many different Bushman Paintings in Southern Africa that were in their beautiful natural environment. Subsequent to fuckwits damaging them by adding graffiti, etc. most arenow surrounded by fences, barbed wire, electric fences, to the extent that you can't appreciate them at all.

#7971 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Random thoughts: Asset prices are too high IMO. Real estate in many cities, stocks...China has a massive RE bubble, and have enormous debt. Curious to see what happens with everything over the next couple of years. I'm thinking big price cuts for stocks and 10-15% for RE here. Also Fed (supposedly) is ending QE, which means rates go up and prices go down. 

I thought stock prices were way overvalued for sometime now, but what I've learned is that even if they are, they push that party to the very end. 

#7972 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

So my Mom calls me and says she needs a map. So I email her a link to Google Maps. 

Next day she calls me again and says she needs to talk to me about a map. I call her and ask if she got my email. She tells me that Google can't do what she needs. She has to see the entire city of Las Vegas, and get directions to our house. I ask if she has GPS, and she gets angry and tells me "no." I told her GPS is amazing, they should try it. She says it doesn't fit her needs and needs a physical map. She said she called AAA but they don't have city maps of Vegas. She wants me to go to the store, buy a map, circle my address, write my address on it, and mail it to her. 

Good thing she's not stubborn or anything. 

#7973 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

So my Mom calls me and says she needs a map. So I email her a link to Google Maps. 

Next day she calls me again and says she needs to talk to me about a map. I call her and ask if she got my email. She tells me that Google can't do what she needs. She has to see the entire city of Las Vegas, and get directions to our house. I ask if she has GPS, and she gets angry and tells me "no." I told her GPS is amazing, they should try it. She says it doesn't fit her needs and needs a physical map. She said she called AAA but they don't have city maps of Vegas. She wants me to go to the store, buy a map, circle my address, write my address on it, and mail it to her. 

Good thing she's not stubborn or anything. 

City maps are useless, once the city is truly a "city".  So many streets!  I can't imagine trying to navigate a city by map.  If you don't know where on the map you currently are, it will take forever to find your current location, regardless of whether your destination is circled.  For example, Chicago:

0002585_chicago-folded-city-street-map.j

This is by NO MEANS the entirety of Chicago, so it's worse than the pic conveys.  Can you imagine trying to use this?  Now, STATE maps are great.  Very useful. 

Reminds me of this:

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7974 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

I'm starting to really like Reddit. I don't know why I didn't for so long. I think the format bothered me. It is interesting how much you push away something as simple as that. I still don't like the order of the threads, but I guess I'm more used to it now. Would be a good swap for FB. 

Mom called last night, they can't come, since Dad has to work the polls. Then Thanksgiving, so...they will wait until after the holidays. I wish they would just fly, and let me pick 'em up. But nooooooo. Nothing like having two 80 year olds drive two hours at a shot for 3 days. Just nerve racking. She reminded me though...she still wants that map. SMH.  :blink:  :P

#7975 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:57 AM

So SNL has a channel now on youtube finally. I was pretty stoked, until I realized it's blocked in America. 

:rolleyes:

#7976 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Woman Tells Cops Ex-Boyfriend Stole Her "Obama Phone" During Tussle

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#7977 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

GWAR covers Pet Shop Boys

#7978 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

Not a bad day mofos...

#7979 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

I always get a kick out of these anti welfare memes I see on Facebook. Some of these people I know fairly well, so I know them. I know they are like many other people who are a few paychecks away from the poor  house. I also know one who had their kid (20 years ago) while on welfare, today? Bitching about people on welfare. Who are these people kidding? 

Or my favorite, the guy who says "he went to school with student loans and pell grants" and nobody gave him anything. Yes, subsidized loans, free grant money for JC and also posts about student loan forgiveness for his astronomical debt. I mean...cripes what a bunch of idiots. 

#7980 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

I always get a kick out of these anti welfare memes I see on Facebook. Some of these people I know fairly well, so I know them. I know they are like many other people who are a few paychecks away from the poor  house. I also know one who had their kid (20 years ago) while on welfare, today? Bitching about people on welfare. Who are these people kidding? 

Or my favorite, the guy who says "he went to school with student loans and pell grants" and nobody gave him anything. Yes, subsidized loans, free grant money for JC and also posts about student loan forgiveness for his astronomical debt. I mean...cripes what a bunch of idiots. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users