Too much to keep up with....

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

I wonder if he said "you're FIRED!"

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

As I often do when something big happens in politics, I flipped between the cable networks to see their different takes.  It was amusing to watch the Fox people talk about how Comey was always terrible and to actually defend Hillary Clinton and argue that he bungled it. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

As I often do when something big happens in politics, I flipped between the cable networks to see their different takes.  It was amusing to watch the Fox people talk about how Comey was always terrible and to actually defend Hillary Clinton and argue that he bungled it. 

I watched Hannity for 20 minutes then switched to MSNBC.  Hannity came across as a state sponsored spokesman for a 3rd world dictator.  Though I did love him playing all the Democratic leaders demanding Comey's head back in November.  MSNBC came across as hysterical as always, tripping over themselves to try and forget they demanded Comey be launched into space just a couple months ago.

They need to assign a special investigation with something like 90 days to determine if there's anything to the claims on either side.  Did Trump or his associates collude with Russia and did the intelligence community or Obama operatives leak classified information.  Neither side is willing to police their own people and both sides would be happy as a pig in shit to keep these "investigations" open indefinitely so they have talking points.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#5 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

I didn't see Hannity, but I did catch 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson and some of what was on before him.  Tucker spent most of his time interviewing someone whose sole purpose was to trash Comey and to trash Democrats, then he interviewed a Democrat and tried to oversimplify it down to the fact that Comey mishandled Hillary, therefore Democrats should support his ouster.

Did the intelligence community or Obama operatives leak classified information.

Is this about Susan Rice or something else?  While I generally agree that executive administrations don't always effectively police themselves, we only have one executive right now and making this about Obama at all feels like an effort to distract.

Sister burn the temple

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

oversimplify it down to the fact that Comey mishandled Hillary, therefore Democrats should support his ouster.

I don't understand this argument-which came almost immediately from the right. It is possible to be upset with how Comey handled his Hillary announcement, but also with how/when/why Trump fired Comey. Taking issue with both scenarios doesn't make you a hypocrite. 

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Anyway, this made me laugh out loud (I have lots of free time lately, so no more acronyms for at least another 6 weeks)

#8 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

I didn't see Hannity, but I did catch 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson and some of what was on before him.  Tucker spent most of his time interviewing someone whose sole purpose was to trash Comey and to trash Democrats, then he interviewed a Democrat and tried to oversimplify it down to the fact that Comey mishandled Hillary, therefore Democrats should support his ouster.

Is this about Susan Rice or something else?  While I generally agree that executive administrations don't always effectively police themselves, we only have one executive right now and making this about Obama at all feels like an effort to distract.

I never believed Obama acted inappropriately in anyway regarding Trump.  Some Republicans have argued that Rice was the one who leaked the classified information about Flynn to the press, but until I see actual evidence of this, I don't think it's true.  But someone in the intelligence agencies was leaking information in the early days of Trump's presidency, and I do believe that deserves as much consideration as who released the factual emails from Podesta.  The FBI has been investigating Russian ties to the 2016 election since July.  So far not a single piece of evidence has been revealed showing collusion between Trump and Russia in this regard.  When people have to reach for the Logan Act, something that hasn't been used since 1791, I think they're reaching.  Maxine Waters demanding Comey's resignation months ago and now doing the talk show circuit saying Trump was wrong for firing him shows how out of touch and partisan our political leaders have come.  By assigning an independent investigator and authorizing them 90 days, that allows them to look at the information and make a public appeal to congress and the American people if there was any wrong doing by anyone on the Trump team or someone in the State, Justice or Intelligence communities.  When Schumer is trying to say Yates was fired because she was looking into Trump and not because she refused to defend Trump EO on immigration, you know he's being disingenuous.  Just like the left wing media who ran the headline "Yates destroys Cruz", ignoring the question and statute Cruz put before Yates before she responded with another, more limited statute.  

Very few people want the truth.  They just want confirmation that Trump or Obama acted inappropriately.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#9 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

I absolutely want the truth and if there was any coordination between Russian official and the Trump campaign, I'd not be surprised to find out that it occurred below the candidate level. 

I have no issue with the Yates firing.  She's an executive branch official openly defying the President, who can fire executive branch officials at his prerogative.  Regardless of which of them was wrong on the issue, the basic question of firing is open and shut.  While that same basic logic applies to Comey, knowing that there is an active investigation of the Trump campaign makes such a firing, regardless of whether it was warranted, politically and ethically questionable.  If firing Comey is warranted, which it may be, then the ethical questions could have been resolved by a simultaneous call by the Trump admin for a special investigator.  Consequently, while there's no doubt that Trump CAN fire the FBI director, doing so while he or his campaign are under investigation by that same body raises serious ethical concerns and they have done nothing to remedy that. 

Obama is the ultimate red herring, here.  His was the least controversial or scandal ridden administration in my lifetime.  Nothing like Iran/Contra, no lies to back up starting massively costly wars, no lying under oath.  He had successes and failures, but he gave us eight pretty clean years for the executive branch.

Sister burn the temple

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Thursday the FBI raided the Annapolis offices of a Republican fundraising consultancy run by Kelley Rogers that has ties to the Trump Taj Mahal through Penn National Gaming. However, the Senate Intelligence Committee has been looking into possible money laundering fines issued on the Taj in 2015.

According to Newsweek Dennis Whitfield, one of the senior advisors to Rogers’ firm, the Strategic Campaign Group, is also a director in a political consulting firm with Paul Manafort and Roger Stone. Both Stone and Manafort were top campaign advisors to President Donald Trump during the 2016 election and are reportedly under investigation for their ties to Russia.

Rogers told The Washington Post he thought the raid was about an investigation into former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, who used the firm in 2013 to raise $2.2 million for his gubernatorial campaign. The funds reportedly were not spent on the campaign, however.

The FBI will not reveal any information about an ongoing investigation. Newsweek also revealed that a majority of Americans believe it was inappropriate for Trump fired former FBI director James Comey.

http://www.rawstory....comments=disqus

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

What a mess, what an incredible mess. 

#12 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

What a mess...

The president then turned the conversation to whether Mr. Comey would pledge his loyalty to him.

Mr. Comey declined to make that pledge. Instead, Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Trump that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not “reliable” in the conventional political sense.

https://www.nytimes....pe=article&_r=0

#13 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:44 AM

What a mess...

The president then turned the conversation to whether Mr. Comey would pledge his loyalty to him.

Mr. Comey declined to make that pledge. Instead, Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Trump that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not “reliable” in the conventional political sense.

https://www.nytimes....pe=article&_r=0

Remember all those times the right complained because our (black) President seemed "arrogant"?  Yeah, now we've elected an ego-maniac who wants to run government like a mafia Don.

Sister burn the temple

#14 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

DLENBMR.jpg

#15 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

DLENBMR.jpg

Pretty much exactly.  Favors family, demands loyalty, is shady as hell.

Sister burn the temple

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users