1635 replies to this topic

#496 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

I'm reading conservatives saying this memo indicates Hillary and Obama. "Worse than Watergate." 

WTF are they reading?

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#497 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

I'm reading conservatives saying this memo indicates Hillary and Obama. "Worse than Watergate." 

WTF are they reading?

The fact that five different FBI/DOJ officials signed off on the various FISA requests, which went before four separate judges on four separate dates, should be evidence enough for anyone with a lick of sense to demonstrate that there was a good reason for the warrant.  If your choice is between massive conspiracy by career law enforcement officials across time or "yes, we had valid reasons for a warrant"...go with the latter. 

Or, better yet, focus on a real conspiracy, for which there is ample evidence, which is that Russia interfered in our elections, is planning to do so again, and or CiC is AWOL from the wheel of command, effectively opening the gates to further meddling by refusing to bar them.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#498 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Let me add one more thing, which is the ever increasing demands placed on the state.  To get a warrant is the lowest standard of probable cause, followed by an indictment, followed by allowing a prosecution to move forward, followed by a conviction.  Releasing this memo is based in the principle that most people don't know much about the legal system because they've never been in trouble.  They won't know that the standard for a warrant is much lower, nor will they know that evidence from a biased source is perfectly acceptable (despite the memo's claims), nor will they know that there is no requirement to present counter arguments (as the memo claims).

Imagine if you couldn't present information from a biased source.  A woman who is raped is clearly biased against her attacker...should we disallow her testimony?  Fucking nonsense.  While the claims made in the memo might be revelatory if they were all true and followed the actual logic of our legal system, they do not.  I would imagine that this is why there was a minority memo...which they conveniently refused to release.

Sister burn the temple

#499 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

How 'bout that stock market today huh?

#500 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

At the gym this morning: Nunes says Hillary and Dems conspired with Russia. 

The fuck?

#501 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

At the gym this morning: Nunes says Hillary and Dems conspired with Russia. 

The fuck?

The GOP has basically resorted to "I know you are, but what am I" at this point.  Which is perfectly on level with Trump's voters.

Sister burn the temple

#502 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

A Bad Penny Turns Up Again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#503 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Criminal Referral Confirms Nunes Memo’s Explosive Claims Of FISA Abuse

#504 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

The theme of GOP objections seems to be that opposition research is biased and therefore must be untrue.  Given that all prosecutions are biased against the alleged criminal, wouldn't the logic indicate that all allegations must be untrue?  The notion that oppo research is meant to manufacture dirt rather than to find it seems to be the entire basis of this objection.

Either way, Bob Mueller is a serious man and a Republican, so I can't see how anyone could think he's leading a frivolous investigation. 

Sister burn the temple

#505 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

Mollie Hemingway might not be the worst writer out there, but she's top 5. Terrible article full of obvious errors and lies from start to finish

Show me your dragon magic

#506 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

The theme of GOP objections seems to be that opposition research is biased and therefore must be untrue.  Given that all prosecutions are biased against the alleged criminal, wouldn't the logic indicate that all allegations must be untrue?  The notion that oppo research is meant to manufacture dirt rather than to find it seems to be the entire basis of this objection.

Either way, Bob Mueller is a serious man and a Republican, so I can't see how anyone could think he's leading a frivolous investigation. 

the GOP has been infected by Trump and fully embraced Fox newsification. All of those senators and committee members know exactly how the Steele dossier came about and his interactions with FBI etc. Because we fucking know from months ago. Facts have totally stopped mattering not just to White House but to an entire political party. Because....what?....aggrieved mediocre white men are still non-achieving losers with their hero in control.

#507 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Trump is angry at the Stock Market today for daring to lose value in the face of "good news". Really.

#508 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Good twitter thread on the absurdity of Nunes and the memo.

https://twitter.com/...099501409898496

#509 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Obviously the Trump strategery here is to use the Steele dossier to discredit the legitimacy of Mueller’s investigation. The claim is that the Steele dossier is unproven paid for oppo research and was not described adequately to the FISA judge. Trey Gowdy states without the dossier he believes the FISA judge would have denied the surveillance request.

#510 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

Dick Morris weighs in...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users