1635 replies to this topic

#46 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

Death by a 1000 cuts...and then probably something YUGE.

Anyway...

Report: Trump aides knew Flynn was being investigated before he became national security adviser

Flynn, Manafort Are Key Figures in Russia Probe Mueller Will Lead

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#47 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Death by a 1000 cuts:

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

Paul Ryan told everybody to keep this statement/opinion hush hush. ("In the family.")

The GOP later denied the conversation took place, until WaPo told them they had the recording. Then they claimed they were "joking around." 

Holy shit. 

#48 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

Obey_115193_5836865.jpg

#49 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Of course I see your point.  But I also believe that Obama's loyalty to the DNC and their party's nominee is just as strong as Trump's was to Flynn (both had been fired when they claimed their subordinate was innocent).  If you don't think Obama going on national TV and stating Hillary was innocent carries the same implications as Trump saying "I hope you find your way to letting this go", we'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't see any distinction in the employee/employer relationship in this matter.  Obama also claimed he had no idea Clinton had a private server, but in one of the emails on her server, one of the aides acknowledges that Obama was emailing her from a special, unknown email address.  I don't give a shit about any of that.  But if you're going to claim Obama had no reason to get involved in Hillary's investigation and we're reaching for any connection to tie Trump to wrongdoing, there's your equal example.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't see the two as equivalent at all.

There's nothing to suggest that Comey was fired because he didn't play ball with Flynn.  That's unsubstantiated.  You may believe it's true, but your comparison falls short until that is reasonably true.  For the millionth time, every Democrat wanted Comey gone 8 days ago.  Clinton blamed him for her loss just 2 weeks ago.  Trump fires the guy, which is entirely in his right as President for any reason he wants (don't worry, I'm sure the left will work to get union protections for government appointees too).  But the man has done nothing illegal.  That's end of the story.

I certainly hope he didn't fire Comey for that reason...that's why an investigation is needed.  But as much as I might be inclined to believe he did something wrong, despite it being unsubstantiated, there's enough smoke in the air to reasonably wonder if there might be a fire, so I would argue that any assertion that he is clearly innocent of wrongdoing is also unproven at this point.  It may be that we never have a clear answer, as is the nature of a justice system that protects the accused.

A special prosecutor has been appointed.  Comey will speak next week.  Until we get some real evidence, I'm not interested in whatever manufactured outrage the party completely out of power creates to make themselves seem relevant.  

I applaud these moves.  But we have evidence in the assertion by an eye-witness (Comey).  You may not believe it's enough and that's probably right, for now, but it's not manufactured, unless Comey has completely lied and this conversation and memo don't exist. 

Oddly enough, if Comey's memo says what he says it does, the pressure will be on Trump to supply those mysterious "tapes" he's referenced, to prove Comey's memo is an inaccurate understanding of events.  If Comey is lying, Trump should want to pony up the tapes.  What will we think when he doesn't?  He's claimed he has tapes and is very quickly (likely) going to be in a position where he will need to use them to demonstrate his innocence.  He's really painted himself into a corner with that one. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#50 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:09 AM

You think this might be a bad time to invest?

Trump Coin

#51 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Another fun day

Show me your dragon magic

#52 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

Preparing for the worst scenario:

Sources: White House lawyers research impeachment

A doozy by the evil liberal outlet NYT:

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WaPo:

Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

CNN:

Russian officials bragged they could use Flynn to influence Trump, sources say

And...

Comey to testify. 

#53 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

#54 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

thanks fucker.... Now I can't sleep to night.

#55 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Not exactly high brow, but I'm glad we can live in a country where someone can post that and not becomes one of the desaparecidos.  Raise a glass and hope it lasts.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#56 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

LOL at CurtsyGate and the sword dancing. Trump seems cursed to do everything he tweeted criticism of Obama for. Which means his presidency will end in a Kenyan birth certificate. You know I'm right.

#57 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

His tweets do not age well. 

• TAP likes this

#58 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Looks like Flynn is taking the 5th. 

#59 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Looks like Flynn is taking the 5th. 

That was predictable, no? Why say/give anything to Senate/House committees if you are likely facing criminal investigation. 

#60 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

Trump in Israel is already a LOLfest. "I didn't tell the Russians it was Israel" and Melania's slap - also loved Wilbur Ross pointing out there were no protests in Saudi.....oh yeah, and the sink hole.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users