#2 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

I went to Wal Mart today...traffic was much lighter than normal, customers noticeably down, probably 15%.  I go every week, same day of the week, so I'm feeling like this is the beginning of people avoiding public places to not get sick. 

Check on line...good luck buying a mask or a respirator to protect yourself. 

And our dumbass president is telling everyone it's basically the flu.  Yeah, except I can get a flu shot. 

If this starts killing Americans, harming the economy beyond the stock market, and is dealt with ineptly (how else?) by Trump, he's toast.

Is anyone taking specific steps to prepare for this virus?

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Thoughts on the coronavirus? 

ha, just posted on this in another thread.

Sister burn the temple

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

Thoughts on the coronavirus? 

Also, Iran is reporting 11% mortality, so they either have a fuck ton of cases they're not talking about OR China vastly under-reported the mortality rate.  Huzzah.

Sister burn the temple

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

I went to Wal Mart today...traffic was much lighter than normal, customers noticeably down, probably 15%.  I go every week, same day of the week, so I'm feeling like this is the beginning of people avoiding public places to not get sick. 

Check on line...good luck buying a mask or a respirator to protect yourself. 

And our dumbass president is telling everyone it's basically the flu.  Yeah, except I can get a flu shot. 

If this starts killing Americans, harming the economy beyond the stock market, and is dealt with ineptly (how else?) by Trump, he's toast.

Is anyone taking specific steps to prepare for this virus?

The video of him talking about it reminded me of an apocalyptic film. Where they show clips of our moron leaders assuring us not to be worried, right before panning to a barren wasteland that is our reality now after 90% of society is wiped out. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

Holy crap at the DOW over the last week....and then today. 

#7 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Also, Iran is reporting 11% mortality, so they either have a fuck ton of cases they're not talking about OR China vastly under-reported the mortality rate.  Huzzah.

That's about the same mortality rates as the Spanish flu that was devastating the planet 100 years ago. Evolution, motherfuckers- It's a bitch!

If it starts showing up, around here, going get a 100lbs of beans, rice, and fatback and head to the cabin for a few months. I guess if you're a Republican, though, you don't have to worry about such things.

That said, this could still be contained; SARS and Swine flu were, for the most part. Though corona/COVID-19 numbers have surpassed infections of both of those.

#8 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

Iranian vice president, and spokesperson for the hostage takers in '79, has tested positive for COVID-19. Hope she dies(unless she has kids).

https://www.indiatvn...positive-593133

#9 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:26 PM

I live in NYC, take public transport to my college teaching job. Feeling very secure LOL.

Show me your dragon magic

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

The Missus says not to worry, taking a plane to Florida and then Disneyworld with a bazillion other people next month. 

#11 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:26 AM

If it starts showing up, around here, going get a 100lbs of beans, rice, and fatback and head to the cabin for a few months. I guess if you're a Republican, though, you don't have to worry about such things.

As an avid NON hoarder or survivalist, I began buying extra stuff this week, just in case.  My dad lives across the street, so that's one extra freezer/pantry I can fill.

That said, this could still be contained; SARS and Swine flu were, for the most part. Though corona/COVID-19 numbers have surpassed infections of both of those.

This feels different.  Not sure why, maybe it's because I have kids who soak up disease through the schools?

Sister burn the temple

#12 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:27 AM

Also, don't worry guys...Mike Pence is on the job.  He'll fix this just as soon as he's done praying the gay away.

Sister burn the temple

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:30 PM

This feels different.  Not sure why, maybe it's because I have kids who soak up disease through the schools?

That's how I feel. I usually don't pay any attention to these things, but something feels a little different here. 

My kid has been sick non stop since being in school. She was finally well enough to get her flu shot last week. So yea...there's that too. 

#14 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:54 PM

I think NYC will close the schools if it comes here  -  otherwise everyone will have it. Not just from contact but from public transport, high schools aren't zoned here so kids travel by subway/bus. We live in Brooklyn but my daughter has a 45 minute subway ride to school. There are over 1 million kids in NYC schools. 

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

Have to say that inventing something to tank the financial markets AND show the value of universal healthcare is a far more proactive election year move than I thought the dems had in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users