#481 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 February 2023 - 02:50 PM

I can't seem to find a consistent message on how often to get a covid booster shot. I'm guessing every six months will suffice? 

I asked my doctor and they referred me to the CDC. I'm like...c'mon guys, jeez. 

Just FYI, just took my son in to the pediatrician and she told me to get him boosted again if it's been at least 2 months.

• TAP likes this
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#482 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 February 2023 - 06:16 PM

Just FYI, just took my son in to the pediatrician and she told me to get him boosted again if it's been at least 2 months.

So to be clear, she's saying get boosted every two months? That's a little surprising. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#483 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 February 2023 - 06:22 PM

Don’t know. Was told I needed to wait 4 months after infection for the omicron booster. I’m eligible, now. Next time I’m in town, going to get it.

I was sick last week. Very slight fever and some breathing shit, but Covid test was negative. I’m thinking it might’ve been the flu, and since I had the flu shot, I’d expect the symptoms to be mild.

We got sick last week. My daughter had a temperature. Mine was head/throat. All tested negative. It lasted for a week and was annoying. We also had flu shots....and I had thought the same thing. This could be the flu, but either way it stayed mild for me. 

I'm getting them whenever I can. I've had 5 shots so far, not sure there would be much harm in getting it sooner rather than waiting. I had the omicron booster about 3 months after infection.

My last omicron booster was in October. I was thinking 6 months, but maybe I'll do it again now at 4. My last shot had virtually zero side effects other than making me sleepy. 

I'm just now going out without masks and going to restaurants again etc. It's weird, but I am glad to be back out. 

#484 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 February 2023 - 08:31 PM

So to be clear, she's saying get boosted every two months? That's a little surprising. 

I figured it was due to vaccine change, new variants?  Honestly not sure

Sister burn the temple

#485 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 05:54 PM

Just filled one of my prescriptions. It has increased to $766 for a one month supply(I have another that’s about $500/month).

In Canada, the same script is $55/month.

#486 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 05:18 PM

Well shit! Tested positive, again. Started feeling symptoms yesterday, tested today. The symptoms aren't bad- slight fever, scratchy throat, and general malaise. See the doc in the morning(had an appointment, anyway, about the neuropathy), so hopefully he'll give me some Paxlovid. Shit fucked me up, last time. I think/hope the antivirals will make a big difference.

#487 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 March 2023 - 12:12 AM

Well shit! Tested positive, again. Started feeling symptoms yesterday, tested today. The symptoms aren't bad- slight fever, scratchy throat, and general malaise. See the doc in the morning(had an appointment, anyway, about the neuropathy), so hopefully he'll give me some Paxlovid. Shit fucked me up, last time. I think/hope the antivirals will make a big difference.

I've read that it's difficult to get Paxlovid now. Also that it has a lot of interactions with other drugs so doctors have been backing off prescribing it. A friend of mine tested positive last week and it was very mild. In fact he just went on a remote camping trip after the diagnosis, lol. 

I have been sick the last few days (again), but tested negative. 

#488 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 11:13 AM

^^^ Yep, doc just told me that it can have effects on the kidneys, and they are seeing serious rebound effects from some of those that have taken it. Since I'm triple vaxxed, and have minor symptoms, he didn't think it was warranted.

#489 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 March 2023 - 06:23 PM

^^^ Yep, doc just told me that it can have effects on the kidneys, and they are seeing serious rebound effects from some of those that have taken it. Since I'm triple vaxxed, and have minor symptoms, he didn't think it was warranted.

You'll probably be fine. I am reading it's really for people in poor health at this point.  

The MIL just got covid after being in a rehab facility. Her health is actually very poor and she still had a mild case...probably because she had the latest booster (at my wife's urging.) 

My fever hit 102 last night around 4 AM. Not sure wtf, but it sucks ass for sure. I was hoping to ride my bike around for maybe 15 minutes and make some work calls today...silly me. 

#490 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 04:25 PM

It was basically like a minor cold, but I was worried. The first time I had it, the symptoms were minor, but then it got into my lungs and fucked me up.

#491 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 March 2023 - 10:13 PM

I finally lost my covid v card. Been running some crazy temps. Hit 104.4 yesterday morning. Other than that, lots of fatigue, sinus congestion and dry coughing. Today is better and I'm out of bed to type on my desktop computer for a bit before going back to bed again. Hope I feel better tomorrow. 

#492 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 March 2023 - 08:25 AM

I finally lost my covid v card. Been running some crazy temps. Hit 104.4 yesterday morning. Other than that, lots of fatigue, sinus congestion and dry coughing. Today is better and I'm out of bed to type on my desktop computer for a bit before going back to bed again. Hope I feel better tomorrow. 

You had a fever three weeks ago...surely you haven't had it that long with fever.

Also, my main symptom was fever.  Just kept a steady tylenol/advil rotation for two days and it was gone.

Sister burn the temple

#493 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 March 2023 - 03:32 PM

You had a fever three weeks ago...surely you haven't had it that long with fever.

Also, my main symptom was fever.  Just kept a steady tylenol/advil rotation for two days and it was gone.

No. I did get sick from my kiddo about a month ago. Had a fever then. Sick for a week, then back to normal. Then we caught covid maybe a week later. So just these last three days. 

That's what I'm doing too. Every three hours. I had gotten a refill on an asthma inhaler from the previous bug. I'm so glad I did. I'm using it once a day now. I had not needed an inhaler for years and years.

#494 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 March 2023 - 03:37 PM

This may sound dumb, but there is just this general weird feeling I have with the infection. It noticed it the day before I got sick too. Just strange. 

#495 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:59 AM

Well, feel better soon...let us know if you're dying.  THE FORUM MUST GO ON!

Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users