106 replies to this topic

#16 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

Who has more Sabbath stuff? I love Ozzy believe me solo or with Abba he'd be the front man.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#17 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

The 1st. 2 solo Ozzy albums, are w/o a doubt the best stuff he has every done. Blizzard of Oz and Diary Of a Madman are w/o a doubt classic with the songs and with the band, especially the greatest guitarist ever Randy Rhodes. Who knows what he could have done?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#18 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

I love all of Ozzy's stuff. He seems to get shit for each album he's put out over the years. Myself personally? I love 'em all, especially the last ten years.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#19 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

Blizzard is a great album. Even the ballads own, and it's the only one of Ozzy's early solo efforts that doesn't sound in the least bit dated. Sabbath...where to start? Love 7 of their first 8 albums (i.e. the Ozzy era). They've gone in a lot of different directions over the years, so they're a tough band to pigeon-hole.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#20 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Blizzard!!!! Let me see your hands! I Love You All!

#21 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

Sabbath...where to start? Love 7 of their first 8 albums (i.e. the Ozzy era).

Never Say Die or Technical Ecstasy?
Show me your dragon magic

#22 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Sabbath...where to start? Love 7 of their first 8 albums (i.e. the Ozzy era).

Never Say Die or Technical Ecstasy?

I like Technical Ecstasy more than most people.

NSD is ok, but not close to anything else they've done, IMO.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#23 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

I'm listening to Ozzy live and I have seen him live as well. It struck me today while listening, that Ozzy yells at everyone a lot. STAND UP! CLAP YOUR HANDS! COME ON! LET ME SEE YOUR FUCKING HANDS! He's like a drill instructor....The crowd leaves exhausted from all the exercise. J/K I loved seeing Ozzy..He's Ozzy!

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

STFU ^

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

"What you see is what you get with Axl. The guy is a legend and a Black Label brother. He's the shit. I played with Guns N' Roses [in the mid-90s]. I was in Studio B and they were in Studio A. So I played Axl some of my shit, like 13 Years Of Grief. And he was like "Zakk, what fuckin' market are you trying to reach with that?" I told him "I dunno, the fuckin' farmer's market?" So we ended up hanging and jamming together - me, Axl, Slash, Duff [McKagan], Matt [Sorum] and Dizzy [Reed]. And I was like 2Axl, when are you gonna start singing on this shit? Let's quit fuckin' around here!" And that's when Black Label Society was born because I had all these riffs hanging around, and I thought, "Fuck it, I'll do it myself." But it's not because Axl is hard to work for. It's because he cares. He had so much passion. And I'd rather have that than some douchebag who doesn't give a fuck. What do I think of Chinese Democracy? The wife bought me a copy and it got smashed in my luggage, so I had to fuckin' buy another one. No, Axl didn't send me a copy. But he's a beautiful guy."

#26 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

Zakk is fucking wildly,crazy talented...perhaps takes one to know one huh?

#27 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Zakk is a crazy none bathing dude.

#28 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:19 AM

Zakk is a pretty cool and regular guy. He says his look is worse than his bite. He said he is just a normal husband and father who likes to watch and coach his kids baseball team but it was hard because people think he's going to sacrifice an animal and guzzle beer while on the field. He said maybe he should wear a suit and tie to watch a little league game. He said once people got to know him, he was considered just another parent who happens to be a patriotic American rockstar......BTW he did say he does like his beer at the time of the interview. He replaced Jake E Lee as the permanent lead guitarist for Ozzy at 19 years of age. He uses a bulls eye custom Les Paul out of respect to his greatest influence Randy Rhodes the original guitarist for Ozzy after Sabbath. He has named his son's after Ozzy and his favorite guitarists. He owns 2 homes 1. In L.A. 2. In NY . He is a NY Yankees and NY Rangers fan. He is often asked to play the National Anthem before Hockey games. He has played before hockey and baseball games. He was good friends with Dimebag Darrell Abbott.

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

Jmack in for the Zakk Wilde factoids......

#30 michelle

michelle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

Mack should just write Zakk's bio book for him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users