• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

http://www.thegnrsyn...topic.php?id=53

#47 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

This thread made me listen to NMT again for the first time in a few months. What a solid album. A filler or two at most, but really just a lot of strong songs. I still think Blizzard is the best...no filler, there.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#48 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

http://www.thegnrsyn...topic.php?id=53

Hmmm....yea.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#49 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

ZACK WYLDE SAYS NEXT OZZY OSBOURNE CD "DUE OUT EARLY NEXT YEAR"

March 16, 2009

Christina Fuoco-Karasinski of LiveDaily reports that Black Label Society singer/guitarist Zakk Wylde said fans attending the first Black Label Bash with his band--as well as Dope and Sevendust, among others--can expect the unexpected.

"A lot of gay festivities, a bunch of gay parades, marches, riots," Wylde facetiously said during an interview with LiveDaily. "God only knows how many births. We're planning on a couple women breaking the octuplet record. The reason we're doing this tour is to feed [Nadya Suleman's] children. I rounded up the rest of the band, I'm like, 'We have to do something for this woman and her children.' It's the Black Label Good Samaritan Tour. Totally."

On a serious note, Wylde, who doubles as Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist, said the tour was spurred by longtime friendships with Dope and Sevendust, and broken promises of playing together. The bash also features little-known bands, like Cycle of Pain, in the opening spots.

"We've known the guys for years," Wylde said of Dope and Sevendust. "So we all finally got a chance to work together. The guys who are opening for us are up-and-coming bands. It gives them a chance to play in front of a bunch of people.

"I remember how hard it was when I was starting. Before I started playing with Ozz, we'd be playing the Stone Pony [in New Jersey] on a Saturday night in front of, like, eight people--three of the people were janitors, one bartender and two were our friends who didn't pay to come in. They were helping us load gear. We want to give some other bands an opportunity. That's what's cool about the Ozzfest all the time, too. You might see this band Guns 'N Roses you've never heard of before and just go, 'Man, I saw them before the record even came out.' It's cool."

The bash runs through the beginning of April (see below for details), after which Wylde, 42, will jump in the studio again with Osbourne to work on his new album.

"We started working on it already," Wylde said of Osbourne's forthcoming album, which, he added, is due out early next year. "When we got off the road, everybody went home and decompressed a little bit--we did, like, 16 months or something like that on the road--and went home.

"The kids all call me Uncle Frank again. Nobody knows who the hell I am. 'Uncle Frank?' 'No it's dada.' 'Whatever. Did you bring any presents?' 'Santa's beard isn't gray yet.' But that's how they know me."

At any rate, he said, Osbourne and his band went in the studio and wrote about 15-16 tunes.

"After we get done with the bash, we're going to go in the studio with Ozz and knock out a couple more songs and the album should be done. Then Ozz has to sing on it," Wylde said.

In early 2010, Wylde said, Black Label Society will head out on an arena tour with Osbourne and another band to be named later.

"That's what we're talking about. We'll see if it happens."

In between Osbourne's album and heading out on the arena jaunt, Black Label Society will record its follow-up to 2006's "Shot to Hell." To tide over fans, a compilation CD will be released later this year. Wylde said he mainly writes in the studio.

"You always get inspired when you get in the studio because the bottom line is, everything sounds good, the sky's the limit, man," Wylde said. "When you get in the studio, it's like a Cracker Jack box--you never know what you're going to get until you hit the bottom."

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.livedaily.com

#50 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

Sharon Osbourne found herself in some legal trouble recently after she physically attacked a woman on television - but that doesn't seem to have helped her learn any lessons about keeping her temper in check.

While Osbourne did refrain from throwing punches, she did not refrain from going off on a reporter who made the mistake of asking her about her family's drug addictions. Apparently, the only people that are allowed to blabber on about the Osbournes' drug addictions are the Osbournes themselves.

During a press conference call, in which Sharon Osbourne was promoting her family's new show "Osbournes: Reloaded," she was asked if she though her family's drug history might turn off potential viewers. Responded Sharon, "That must be the most ridiculous question I have ever been asked in my entire career. I'm really angry. Do you know how many people in this country alone suffer from addiction?"

Any normal person would have let the issue drop at this point, but Sharon was just getting warmed up.

Continued the short-tempered Mama Osbourne, "This is a terrible epidemic that covers every race. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, black or white. It's an epidemic of drugs and alcohol in this country. OK? And all my family are examples of being is truthful about their condition and working through it and trying to better themselves as human beings.

She wasn't done.

Sharon yapped on, "You know that we have been so open about our lives. My husband has struggled with addiction his entire life. And my son has been clean and sober for six years and lives a very, very strict AA lifestyle. And, so if anything he is a beacon of hope to any young person in this country who is struggling with addiction. So when you talk about family, we are family and we are a real family. I've taken real offense, because you know why? We're real people. And probably half of the people watching our show, they have someone in their family who has a problem with alcohol and drugs."

We can't wait to watch the show. Sounds relaxing and fun. Until someone rubs Sharon Osbourne the wrong way, and she starts to lecture and scream at us. We might as well hang out with our own mothers...

www.actressarchives.com

#51 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

Sharon although she saved Ozzy, I sometimes get very annoyed with her. She is a total control freak. People say AXL is controlling and stubborn? He doesn't even come near her zip code.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#52 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

Sharon although she saved Ozzy, I sometimes get very annoyed with her. She is a total control freak. People say AXL is controlling and stubborn? He doesn't even come near her zip code.

Preach on!

Seriously...she's nuts. And very obviously money hungry. Look how she's whored out him and the kids.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#53 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

http://www.truveo.co...an/id/745234857

#54 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Tony Iommi who had taken total control over the bands name and all music and lyrical rights, is being sued for 50% of all profits by Ozzy. Lawyers representing Ozzy Osbourne have filed a lawsuit with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office against the heavy metal icon’s Black Sabbath bandmate, Tony Iommi, claiming the man responsible for some of the genre’s most memorable riffs illegally assumed sole ownership of the Black Sabbath name. According to the New York Post, Osbourne’s suit seeks a 50 percent stake in the “Black Sabbath” trademark. Furthermore, the filing claims Osbourne is entitled to a portion of the profits Iommi has generated through use of the band name, and suggests it was Osbourne’s “signature lead vocals” that helped propel the band’s “extraordinary success.” The suit also points out that Sabbath’s popularity took a nosedive during Ozzy’s absence during 1980 and 1996, when former Rainbow vocalist Ronnie James Dio took over behind the mike stand. The suit follows one filed by Iommi in December 2008 against Live Nation. In that filing, Iommi claims the concert giant sold merchandise bearing the band’s logo, despite the 2006 expiration of a merchandising deal, reportedly worth nearly $80 million. Soon after that agreement concluded, Iommi reclaimed the band’s trademark. Iommi’s suit argues Live Nation continued to sell more than 100 items of merchandise featuring the band’s likeness, name and logo, despite the receipt of cease-and-desist orders from the guitarist’s camp. Iommi’s suit seeks damages in the amount of three times the profits from the merchandise sales, plus a halt to the Black Sabbath product sales. In a recent interview with Decibel magazine, both Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler said that working with Dio was actually much easier than working with Ozzy. “Ronnie’s a songwriter in his own right — he’s got tons of ideas,” Butler said. “Whereas Ozzy … in the old days, he’d come up with a vocal line and I’d write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well.”
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#55 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Man this fucking sucks....

Scott Rowley of www.classicrockmagazine.com caught up with Ozzy Osbourne last week at the Slash & Friends gig in Norway, where the whispers backstage had guitarist John 5 (ex-Marilyn Manson, currently with Rob Zombie) lined up as a possible replacement for Zakk Wylde...

"Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," said Ozzy, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like Black Label Society. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?

"I've got a guy from Greece coming in - not the musical, the country of Greece - but I'm not going to say too much about it, cos I don't know myself at this point. I've got a new album, I'm working on it as we speak. I've got a studio at my house and I've got a guy called Kevin Churko, the guy that did the last album [Churko also worked on Ozzy's Under Cover album, produced Cheap Trick's highly rated 2006 album Rockford, and has credits on releases by Britney Spears, Celine Dion and Shania Twain] - he's great to work with.

"And it's great to have your own studio. On one hand it's great and on the other it's not, cos when you're at the studio you can go, 'Sorry darling, I can't get home for dinner, I'm stuck at the studio...' But she can fucking come down stairs now! But I'm just enjoying my life now..."

The entire interview can be read:

http://www.classicro...o-macca-jacko…/

Zakk Wylde replied on his twitter page with the following, "I haven't heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss I don't know. I love Ozzy. I'm doing Blizzcon with him in August and supposed to finish up the cd in September....this is news to me"

#56 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

Zakk Said on his twitter that everything is cool with Ozzy. So who knows.

#57 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

Probably Sharon.....

#58 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:52 AM

Looks like ozzy gave Zakk the boot.

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=125635

#59 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

I heard rumor that Zakk wants to stop the insanity with Ozzy. He doesn't want to see Ozzy go down in flames. He shouldn't be pushed to do anymore tours because it's just not worth it for Ozzy. His voice blows out and he just can't pull it off anymore. An occasional album if he wishes but enough is enough. Think he's had a fallin out with Sharon recently? This could be total B.S. but Sharon has talked about a new guitarist recently???

#60 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

That sucks because at this point I think Zack is an integral part of Ozzy's sound. I really enjoy the two together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users