#211 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

If you guys haven't seen them, Dave has done a whole bunch of funny videos talking about lyrics and various other stuff....

http://www.vhlinks.c...ks-com-f50.html
Show me your dragon magic

#212 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

K. listened to the album a couple times at work and i absolutely love first 6 songs.

I like to digest albums in halves. So i started with first 6.. now really dig them all.. tomorrow will listen to the last 7 extensively

You And Your Blues Def my fave right now.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#213 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

still can't stop playing this album. Just so fuckin' killer. Has that old VH sound. This should be the reference point for all older band trying to put out that comeback album!Yes looking at you aerosmith and Sabbath!

#214 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

Van Halen 2012 Tour Set List – Louisville, Kentucky

by: Matthew Wilkening 8 minutes ago

Posted Image
Theo Wargo, Getty Images
Van Halen kicked off their 2012 tour in Louisville, Ky. last night (Feb. 18) with a 22-song set list that sent the sold-out crowd singing happily — albeit a little wobbly and off-key — into the night.
The evening’s performance was naturally (and properly) dominated by many of the same big hits and beloved album tracks featured on the band’s 2007-08 reunion tour, but there was also a fair sampling of tracks from their new album ‘A Different Kind of Truth‘ and a handful of newly unearthed catalog gems.
Four songs from the new album were performed at the show – ‘She’s the Woman,’ ‘Tattoo,’ ‘China Town’ and ‘The Trouble with Never.’ Of course, that meant some classics had to be elbowed out, and ‘I’m the One, ‘Atomic Punk,’ ‘Little Dreamer,’ ‘Jamie’s Cryin’,’ ‘So This is Love’ and ‘And the Cradle Will Rock…” all featured prominently on their last trek, were nowhere to be heard tonight.
Now, it could certainly be that the set list changes from night to night, and a couple of long-absent tracks from the band’s 1979 sophomore album ‘II’ were dusted off for a show-highlighting sequence rather late into the evening to add variety and help make up for the missing favorites.
You can read our review of Van Halen’s 2012 opening night here; it’ll be exciting to see how the tour evolves over the next few months.
Next: Van Halen Thrill Kentucky in 2012 Tour Kick Off Date
Van Halen 2012 Tour Set List – Louisville, Kentucky
‘You Really Got Me’
‘Runnin’ With the Devil’
‘She’s the Woman’
‘Romeo Delight’
‘Tattoo’
‘Everybody Wants Some!!’
‘Somebody Get Me a Doctor’
‘China Town’
‘Mean Streets’
‘Pretty Woman’
Drum Solo
‘Unchained’
‘The Trouble With Never’
‘Dance the Night Away’
‘I’ll Wait’
‘Hot for Teacher’
‘Women in Love’
‘Outta Love Again’
‘Beautiful Girls’
‘Ice Cream Man’
‘Panama’
Guitar Solo
‘Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love’
"Jump"

http://ultimateclass...ville-kentucky/
‘Jump’

#215 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Awesome!

Has Dave always sang with the headset??

Wonder why they didn't call Bullethead "Different Kind of Truth"? seems like a better title.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#216 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Awesome!

Has Dave always sang with the headset??

Wonder why they didn't call Bullethead "Different Kind of Truth"? seems like a better title.

First time for Dave with a headset. Bullethead is a reworking of a 35 year old unreleased VH song called....Bullethead. Would have been weird to call it something else.

#217 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Audio and video of show already on dimeadozen. VH is allowing recording so should be a lot of good bootlegs from the tour

#218 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

album sold 187k in first week. pretty good.

#219 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Audio and video of show already on dimeadozen. VH is allowing recording so should be a lot of good bootlegs from the tour

Cool. How is the quality?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#220 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Cool. How is the quality?

Audio is supposed to be very good. Don't know about the video on dime, but saw at vhforums one taper had really good footage which was going to be combine into at at least a 2 cam, possibly up to 5 cam mix. This tour is going to have tons of good boots so can afford to pick and choose.

#221 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

VH in New York for 1st MSG show tonight but I can't go :( Roll on Thursday.....

#222 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Show was fucking fantastic, like the rest of the tour had just been warmup/rehearsal. By far the best I've ever seen Dave live in terms of attitude, humor and owning the place. Easily best show so far by pretty much all accounts. Opened with Unchained instead of YRGM which set a different tone, and played The Full Bug for first time since 1983 I think. Doubt the rest of the tour will all be this great - clearly upped their game for MSG, but y'all shouldn't miss the show, there aren't many great bands left who can do it like that.

#223 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I listened to the entire album. Now I can honestly say 75% of it sucks. My advice would be to download the individual songs that are good and pretend the rest don't exist. The good songs are very good. I happily give them that.

#224 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

You're nuts.

I'm cereal.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#225 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

crack is whack!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users