"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#47 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

A video and multiple radio interviews and they had their own satellite radio station for a month or 2 on Sirius and XM. I guess that would help that and they did tour as well.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#48 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

Many sources saying that it's the end of the road for AC/DC. Brian Johnson has been rumored to have said Christ I'm 63 yrs. old how long can you expect us to keep doing this? Shoot to thrill a million fucking times....He said he's burnt and done and others in the band agree. They supposedly will do solo stuff and play big events when they wish. Johnson has said that he was looking to hook up with....."Slash and his all-star line-up when he feels like it" This is all talk but it came from a reliable source including Johnson himself.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#49 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Is Johnson a reliable source? :)
Show me your dragon magic

#50 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

ha! I say no.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#51 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

I don't think BJ gets to make any decisions about the band anyway - the Young brothers would make him tour even if had retired if that was on their agenda. But don't think those two guys can chain smoke their way through too many more megatours.
Show me your dragon magic

#52 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

In the context of the story...yeah....Jim Breuer also said the same that AC/DC may be done. He has been a reliable source. They have nothing to gain by continuing to tour and they have also sold a lot of commercial spots and for the 1st time, a greatest hit's/DVD this year.... If I was a 63 yr. old millionaire , I would slow it down too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users