• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Wonder if Nikki gets in to trouble over this whether tommy gets booted out.

#32 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

Tommy Lee has landed Motley Crue bandmate Nikki Sixx in trouble after revealing the rocker once relieved himself in a Los Angeles police car.

In a new Hustler magazine interview, the drummer recalls the band's early days - when they were regulars at hotspot Whisky a Go Go. And he remembers all about a 25-year-old mystery that left a police officer's car showered with urine.

Lee says, "There was this unmanned cop car parked in the alley behind the Whisky, and Nikki picked up this stick and smashed in the f---ing window. He took a piss inside the f---ing cop car."

A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department tells WENN, "It's not clear whether this is still an open case or whether the officer involved closed it out. If it's still open, it will be investigated."

www.starpulse.com

They talked about it in their Behind the Music (or some similiar show) so I can't imagine this is news to the LAPD.

Not to mention that pissing in the 80s is probably well beyond the statute of limitations. I doubt Nikki is worried.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#33 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

Good story, I'm sure they've got better to do with tax payer money however.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#34 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

It is a funny story. But never underestimate the stupidity/ more wasting of the lapd.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Nikki Sixx Is, Like, So Totally Over The Internet

Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx is, like, “so over the internet.” The 51 year old Aqua Net rocker is complaining that the internet is ruining rock and roll, and not the plague of shitty bands trying to sound/act like updated versions of what he did in the ’80s like we had originally thought. Go figure.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, strangely enough, Sixx rages not against file-sharing and revenue loss, but against the voyeuristic trends of the day, implying that the stage setup makes the show, not the… actual… show. The musical performance means nothing if some wise-ass decides to blow the big secret on what it looks like – which actually may not be that outlandishly untrue in this case, given the bands lined up.

“The first thing I did when I walked into the arena to work on the set, I said, ‘It’s 2009 and there’s a million iPhones with a million opportunities to take a picture of our show and ruin Christmas,’” said Sixx. So Crüe Fest 2: The White Trash Circus = Christmas? If so, Santa can skip the shit out of my house this year.

“I’m so over the Internet,” Nikki complains. “Twitter is ridiculous and there’s too much info out there. Celebrities, movie stars and rock stars are losing their mystique.”

After purging a hundred lifetimes’ worth of tales recounting the most disgustingly decadent, soulless narcotic depravity you could imagine and stuffing them into a book that’s now available at just about any major retailer (not to mention the accompanying website), the Crüe low-ender still thinks he’s got a leg of respectability to stand on when he complains about rock stars “losing their mystique”.

Sixx, long-heralded as one of a dying breed of’80s pioneering hair-metal/pop survivors, doesn’t seem to recognize the hilarity of his own contradiction, openly admitting that he sees rock as a corporate business. How many board room meetings have taken place in the name of maintaining “mystique?” One can only guess.

Despite being proud of the tour plans, the man who hasn’t written a good song in two decades doesn’t want to give any details away, potentially ruining “the show.” Because who knows? Maybe they scored a deal on the giant toilet Limp Bizkit used to climb out of at their shows and they don’t want to spoil the surprise.

The dyed ’80s rocker added, “We want to control as much as we can of what’s getting out there about us so that people who come are blown away. The other day I went to a movie with some friends and they were like, ‘Let’s look it up on the Internet and see what people are saying,’ and I was like, ‘Man, that’s messed up.’ Since when is Joe in Poughkeepsie or Sue in Roanoke deciding when something is a great show?” I’d say the answer to that is somewhere about the time that Joe and Sue spent their hard-earned money to fuel your next one-man closet heroin party.

These meaningless hysterics by musicians decades beyond their peak of relevancy are making it harder than ever to listen to their old music anymore without feeling a little stupid. Hell, Mötley Crüe aren’t helping matters by reportedly playing the entire Dr. Feelgood record on every single night of the tour, but I digress.

Don’t believe the tabloid hype, even from those you used to call your heroes. There’s nobody “ruining” Rock N’ Roll. Just like Hip-Hop’s not dead, and nothing is the new anything. The tides of bullshit ebb and flow, but beneath the churning pools of replicated detritus will always lie the true art form. There’s always a way back, unless you’ve built your castle on the sand, like Hinder, Buckcherry and the like.

The mystique is still there for the taking. The shelves are still stacked with ingredients – but the kitchen’s calling for some younger, smarter cooks with newer ideas and sharper blades. The flames are too high these days for sagging nostalgia-gripers whining about what used to be, sticking to the old recipe, refusing to accept that the glory days are long gone and the rulebook on the gluttonous party-rock ethos they barely survived 20 years ago has long since been set on fire.

http://www.antiquiet...r-the-internet/

WSJ

#36 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

Get a load of cranky Grandpa....

#37 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

it's not like writing a book about your life doesn't do those things either.

#38 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

Is this guy a total dickhead or what? After KILLING his passenger/friend years ago you'd think he would never fucking drive drunk again. He should be put in jail for a year at least, fuck this guy. *********** Vince Neil arrested on DUI charge in Las Vegas LAS VEGAS – Motley Crue singer Vince Neil, who last week had declared his sobriety, was arrested on drunken driving charges after getting pulled over by police in his Lamborghini near the Las Vegas Strip. The 49-year-old rocker was taken into custody about 11:15 p.m. Sunday when he was stopped in the black sports car after leaving the Las Vegas Hilton hotel, Officer Bill Cassell said. Neil was released Monday after posting $2,000 bail. Attorney David Chesnoff called it "premature" Monday to respond to the charge until he and attorney Richard Schonfeld collect information about the arrest. Cassell, a Las Vegas police spokesman, said details of Neil's arrest would not be publicly released, and a police report would not be made available during the investigation. Neil is the front man for a four-member heavy metal band known for its bad behavior, hard partying, famous girlfriends and hits like "Girls, Girls, Girls," and "Dr. Feelgood." He said last week that he was sober and that there are "other things in life than just drugs and alcohol." Neil and his fourth wife, Lia, live in Las Vegas, where Neil owns tattoo shops, a bar called Feelgoods Rock Bar and Grill, and the Vince Neil Tres Rios Cantina at the Las Vegas Hilton. He recently released a solo album, "Tattoos and Tequila," covering 1970s rock songs and a rendition of Elvis Presley's "Viva Las Vegas." In an interview last week with The Associated Press about a tell-all book due out in September, Neil said he hadn't used drugs in 20 years and had stopped abusing alcohol. "There's just a point in your life where you kind of stop, that's what happened with me," Neil had said. "There's other things in life than just drugs and alcohol." Neil said he admired the sobriety of top performers today. "Those are the guys that are doing it right," he said. "It's the ones that self-destruct with the drugs and alcohol that have gone by the wayside many years ago." Cassell said police also were looking into a report of an incident involving Neil, a female fan and a broken camera in front of the Las Vegas Hilton hotel. The arrest was not Neil's first drunken driving case. In 1984, he crashed a sports car head-on into another car in Redondo Beach, Calif., killing his passenger, Nicholas Dingley, a 24-year-old drummer with the group Hanoi Rocks. Neil, then 25, wasn't injured. He later pleaded guilty to manslaughter and drunken driving, served 20 days in jail, and agreed to pay $2.5 million in restitution to victims. Neil also has had misdemeanor battery charges dismissed at least twice in California and Nevada after performing community service. One stemmed from an accusation that he roughed up a prostitute in 2003 at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch brothel in northern Nevada. Neil is due Sept. 27 in Las Vegas Justice Court.

#39 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'm guessing he decided to find the bottom of a bottle after hearing his most recent album.
Sister burn the temple

#40 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

^ dude! exactly and may I add that the Herion Diaries by Nikki is an awesome yet disturbing read in alot of ways..if you are able to read between the lines and understand the full meaning behind some of his ramblings..I enjoyed it immensely.. I actually love Nikki...he does a radio program that I listen to quite regularly. Vince is a douche, always has been ..amdnow he is just a has been in my books..

#41 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

^ dude! exactly

and may I add that the Herion Diaries by Nikki is an awesome yet disturbing read in alot of ways..if you are able to read between the lines and understand the full meaning behind some of his ramblings..I enjoyed it immensely.. I actually love Nikki...he does a radio program that I listen to quite regularly. Vince is a douche, always has been ..amdnow he is just a has been in my books..

I always wonder how bands/celebs write so damned many books about themselves. I've already read "The Dirt"...is the HD that much different?

Also, for those who have NOT read the dirt...it's a fun read.

Bullwinkle.
Sister burn the temple

#42 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

http://v.theonion.co...eo/3212/640.mp4

Sister burn the temple

#43 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Sixx is right about the internet killing the mystery of celebrities. When you can see these people on social media posting what kind of detergent they just bought or Emma Roberts asking for recommendations on where to buy frozen yogurt, you're not a star, you're just one of us with a shit ton of money.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users