Photo

Gay Marriage/everything Gay Thread-Now With 20% More Gay!

• Please log in to reply
946 replies to this topic

#931 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

If you go to Dinah, I suggest just taping it down and not having it removed...

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#932 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:16 AM

Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over 'bathroom law'

The 15,000 peeps will get a refund though, haha

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#933 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

#934 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

#935 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

Gay spacecrafts!!!

#936 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

What happens when a gay person grows up in an anti-gay home

Imagine growing up hearing from those you love and trust that certain groups of people are evil. In fact, these people are so bad, so wrong, that God himself will punish them. Imagine absorbing this hatred deep into your bones. Imagine that you then discover, at some point in your adolescence, that you are one of these people. They are the hated. You are the hated.

We don’t know the details of Omar Mateen’s sexuality. Perhaps he did not fully understand. But according to some, Mateen expressed romantic interest in men. A classmate from his 2006 police academy class told the “Palm Beach Post” that Mateen had asked him out. Sometimes, after class, Mateen would go with friends to gay nightclubs, the classmate said.

And we know that in a video made after the shooting,  Mateen’s father said, “God himself will give punishment to homosexuality.” It’s conceivable that this is a sentiment Mateen heard more than once.

We will never understand what triggered Mateen. But there is abundant evidence that the prejudice we face is toxic. And when anti-gay prejudice comes from parents or religion, the effect is profound. According to University of Tennessee Knoxville psychology professor Dawn Szymanski, research shows that experiencing rejection from parents of your sexual identity is linked to traumatic internalized negativity – what psychologists call “internalized homonegativity” or “internalized stigma.” The same is true when a person belongs to a religion that rejects homosexuality.

One consequence of this internalized stigma is violence: Studies of same-sex couples show that internalized homophobia is significant predictor of violence within a relationship. Self-hatred also creates profound psychological distress: One meta-analysis found that higher levels of internalized anti-gay stigma were correlated with worse mental health. The psychological distress can include anxiety, depression, poor self-esteem and hyperarousal – a state of increased tension that includes irritability, anger and aggression.

The stress caused by internal stigma can evoke a biological response. According to Stephanie Budge, a psychology professor at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, there is broad consensus in the research community that “minority stress” — including internalized self-hatred — creates massive physical health problems. According to the Mayo Clinic, this kind of cumulative stress disrupts almost all the body’s processes. Indeed, gay people who live in communities with high levels of anti-gay prejudice have a life expectancy that is shorter by 12 years.

Anti-gay prejudice is especially pernicious because it creeps into the intimacy of one’s own family. For other forms of bias – racism, for example, or prejudice based on one’s religion — the family can be a refuge against the hatred of the outside world. But anti-gay prejudice is different. The hatred comes from not outsiders, but from loved ones. Parents’ rejection of their children is the one of the biggest reasons as many as 40 percent of homeless youths are LGBT.

Will Cox, a research scientist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who studies prejudice, was one of these kids. He grew up in a strict Mormon household and was rejected by his parents when he came out as gay. “I felt guilty,” he says. “I’d pray for forgiveness. The religious piece was so strong – at one point I had email exchanges with my parents discussing same-sex marriage and my mom said, ‘Will seems to be making a lot of good points. Do you think that is because Lucifer is influencing our thoughts?’”

Politicians will continue to use “radical Islam” as a culprit. But it’s not clear that Mateen was motivated by ideology; indeed, he claimed to support a jumble of groups with conflicting points of view. On the other hand, his ex-wife told CNN, “It doesn’t surprise me that he was leading two totally different lives and was in such deep conflict within himself.” No psychologist, says Budge, would say this conflict was the triggering cause. But it’s impossible to imagine that the deep distress of this internal struggle did not contribute in some way to Mateen’s mental state.

Hours after the Orlando massacre, Sacramento pastor Roger Jimenez delivered a hate-filled speech, in which he expressed happiness that the tragedy had happened. He said, “The bible says they’re wicked, they’re vile, they’re predators. And they deserve the death penalty for what they do.”

Imagine a young person sitting in his congregation, listening. Imagine this young person absorbing that certain people deserve to die because of who they are. Now imagine that child growing up to discover that he is gay. He, too, deserves to die. Imagine the chaos and self-hatred growing inside his heart.

#937 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

Church leaders hold crisis talks held over fears trainee Catholic priests using gay dating app Grindr

#938 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

That's what kills me about the Catholic Church. Most Catholics in this country are from Irish, Italian or Hispanic backgrounds. That's where the term WASP comes from. All 3 of those groups have been strong Democratic supporters since the start of the 20th century. So they can celebrate the Pope for his liberal immigration views, but what about their view on abortion, gay marriage and equal rights for women?

At least I give them credit for their consistency to refuse to condemn any religion for their extreme views. But they're in a position to motivate their members to get the church to revise its positions. If our own country's people can't get the church to change its archaic views (and Europeans feel the same way on these issues), how can we expect the people of the Middle East to change?
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#939 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

NBC News Reports on Persecution of Gay Pro-Trump Conservative Lucian Wintrich by Liberal ‘Puritans’

#940 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

#941 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

Someone deserves an Emmy.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#942 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

‘Gay Thought Police’ Like Soviet-Era Bullies

#943 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

I had three areas during the 2016 campaign where I thought Trump might do some good, one of which was moving the GOP out of the 19th century on gay rights issues.

Guess not.

Trump Administration: No Civil Rights Protection for Gays and Lesbians

by Pete Williams

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department told an appeals court this week that federal civil rights law does not ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

It's another big setback for the LGBT community, a group that candidate Donald Trump pledged to support when he held up a rainbow flag at 2016 rally in Colorado.

The government's court filing comes in a discrimination lawsuit against a New York skydiving company. One of its instructors, Donald Zarda, said he was fired for being gay.

He claimed the firing violated the Civil Rights Act, which, among other things, bans discrimination "because of sex." The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission agreed. "Discrimination because of sexual orientation cannot rationally be distinguished from discrimination because of sex," the EEOC said.

But the Justice Department unexpectedly stepped into that case Wednesday, even though the government was not involved in the dispute, to say the law applies only to discrimination that treats men and women differently.

While there have been "notable changes in societal and cultural attitudes about discrimination," the government said, Congress has consistently declined to amend the law in light of those changes.

The Justice Department's position was consistent with the way most federal appeals courts have ruled on the issue, but it marked a turnaround from the approach taken during the Obama administration.

The Justice Department brief, filed in the Second Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in New York, came the same day the president said transgender people cannot serve in the U.S. military.

"I think the community feels very much under attack and under siege by this administration. In a very real sense, it was the administration's anti-LGBT day," said James Esseks of the American Civil Liberties Union.

But some conservative groups welcomed the Justice Department’s action. “Only Congress can amend the federal law, and that diverse body of legislators has rejected several requests to do so. I applaud the DOJ for upholding the rule of law," said Mat Staver of Liberty Counsel.

MORE: www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-administration-no-civil-rights-protection-gays-lesbians-n787261

Also, lol @ "Liberty Counsel".  Why is it that all these groups that want to discriminate against people and deny them their rights use the word liberty in their name?  Fucking horseshit.

Sister burn the temple

#944 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Also, lol @ "Liberty Counsel".  Why is it that all these groups that want to discriminate against people and deny them their rights use the word liberty in their name?  Fucking horseshit.

They always do that. It's totally psycho IMO.

If it's a fracking and oil company they'd name themselves the "environmental stewardship lobby."

#945 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

The notion that your religious liberty is threatened if you can't discriminate against others is ludicrous. 

Of course, if you note that a group like ISIS also likes to discriminate in the practice of its religion, they'd lose their shit.

Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users