#61 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:11 AM

well, the Jungle section used to be the greatest best section and awesome.. fucking ghost town now.

If you thought it was a ghost town then, check it now. I remember the days when so many people posted in The Jungle that there would be two pages worth of threads being posted in each day. Now the last thread on page one hasn't had a post since May 14th, 2014.

The Jungle had tons of people who didn't even post in the GNR sections. It was like an entire community within a GNR community. The leaks of 2006 changed all that. For some strange reason, the HTGTH staff decided to intentionally kill off The Jungle's vast community at the time. I get their censoring of the GNR sections. I don't agree with it but I understand it.

What they did to The Jungle will never make sense.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#62 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

Jarmo apparently has a girlfriend now, so the less posts he has to deal with probably the better.

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#63 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Jarmo apparently has a girlfriend now, so the less posts he has to deal with probably the better.

I don't believe that, hahaha. Does she look like DJ Ashba or summin'?

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#64 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

so the less posts he has to deal with probably the better.

He had several moderators and could have easily added a lot more just to monitor The Jungle. I've wondered if he ever truly realized how unique his site was pre-2006 censoring. 

In 2015 he definitely doesn't have to worry about dealing with too many posts. Stevie Wonder could successfully moderate that site.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#65 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

The Jungle around 2002-2008 was really busy. Once a half a dozen core people left, seemed like after the 08 election, it began to unwind quickly. 

#66 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

Facebook killed message boards.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#67 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

Facebook killed message boards.

That's true. 

You know what's funny is that I quit posting on my music/car/politcal forums as  much because of FB. When I started years ago, I thought I'd reconnect with "real people" that I knew. But it didn't work that way. Most of the people I knew IRL, didn't talk that much, and I found that the majority overwhelmingly I talked with were people I made friends with online over the years. Now I did have a few exceptions, and I used FB as a message system for those "real-life" friends. 

But then I came to dislike FB for many reasons. My real name was attached to everything I said, which isn't known for paying high dividends. Also FB decided who saw my posts, and all my "friends" didn't necessarily have the same interests. If I went to a car forum and made a post, I'd get a discussion going.  If I did that on FB, the algorithm would decide who saw it, and then of those friends, how many would be interested enough to post? Also the obligatory "like" is an avoidance mechanism, a quick nod to somebody else, before you return to posting selfies nobody is looking at. I like thoughts/ideas/humor etc. FB is devoid of that. FB appeals to narcissism, and also it's easy to create an echo chamber (FB helps you with this) where everybody likes/agrees with the same things.  

Since I quit facebook, I text back and forth with my close friends, and just returned to the forums which I find much more entertaining. 

#68 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

I don't believe that, hahaha. Does she look like DJ Ashba or summin'?

I was thinking more along the lines of Wednesday Adams..

Christina-Ricci-in-Addams-010.jpg

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#69 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:24 AM

The Jungle around 2002-2008 was really busy. Once a half a dozen core people left, seemed like after the 08 election, it began to unwind quickly. 

This is a strange phenomenon. Happens at any major forum. If one person leaves, like 10-15 slowly follow him. Another key member leaves, another dozen follow. Repeat. Repeat again. Forum dead. It shows that certain personalities are what draws people to forums regardless of the forum's subject. Without those, what do you got?

Who are the personalities at HTGTH? I just looked. I don't see any. 

No offense AMM. I know you're a long time member there(so was I many moons ago).

-Adolf Hitler

#70 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

Basically anyone who says Robin is better than Slash

I'll never forget that prank davegnr2k pulled. I don't even remember what year but it was funny. It was aimed at you Slash lovers. He posted two solos for all the fans to compare. One of Slash and one of Finck. The forum showdown of the year was on. The Slash lovers bitching at how shitty the Finck solo was. dave jumped in with perfect timing to tell everyone that the Finck solo you guys were bitching about was actually a Slash solo.

He was nutty but I liked him. I will NEVER forget how he went from the biggest Axl nutswinger in the universe to basically the exact opposite overnight. Climbed the summit of Everest yelling about AFD rehash until Jarmo finally flushed him.

-Adolf Hitler

#71 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Buddha_Master is pretty insane...

That GunsNRockMusic guy was the shit back in the day

There were so many  characters. Impossible to remember them all. I was so fucked up on drugs its a miracle I remember any of it.

davegnr2k

booker floyd

Saul with his "Chinese Democracy starts now!" posts

ppbebe

Acquiesce

prometheus

phillyriot

madagas

that chick that looked like a supermodel (around 2005)

nesquick

darknemus

sandman

AMM (a personal fave)

Stoner, Evo, and those other guys in wrestling thread

skynyrdgirl (who can forget?)

August 18th/speedstone

Thorazine Shuffle

ChineseBlues (ugh)

rainx

loretian

gigger

ARC

axlroseven

About 10-11 years ago that was the best site on the internet IMO.

tons more.....

He only seems to like things that are Axl Rose-approved.

Oh God. People who deserve the express elevator to hell are the ones who start using Axl lyrics to use as replies in their posts after a leak,  like.....

"Axl would never prostitute himself for fortune and shame"

"Truth is the truth hurts don't you agree?"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"

"You sold your soul but I wont let you win"

Another pathetic thing was when Axl called Slash a cancer and that gave all the dip shits permission to start using the word 50 times a day.

-Adolf Hitler

#72 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

This is a strange phenomenon. Happens at any major forum. If one person leaves, like 10-15 slowly follow him. Another key member leaves, another dozen follow. Repeat. Repeat again. Forum dead. It shows that certain personalities are what draws people to forums regardless of the forum's subject. Without those, what do you got?

Who are the personalities at HTGTH? I just looked. I don't see any. 

No offense AMM. I know you're a long time member there(so was I many moons ago).

There was a turning point for Jarmo, when he went too far with a few things. If I recall, one of his own mods publicly told him to go fuck himself and left. Of course I had my falling out with him too, which then became us vs. him in a way. Actually at one point, Jarmo and I were pretty tight. We'd PM quite a bit talking, and he was always cool to me. But when I questioned him on something (The watermark incident, haha) he got his panties in a twist, and that was that. 

But you're right. Even though it was busy, it was driven by the same core group of peeps, especially in the Jungle. Axl4Prez, Pilferk, Senator, AMM, and couple others I saw over there when I looked in, but that's about it. The election thread from 2008 was massive. For this election so far...two pages? My car forum is the same way in the off topic area. Same nutjobs there for the last 12 years (Gawd I'm pathetic, ha). Big personalities, many of which are quite intelligent, funny...bonkers. But that's what drives the place. Outside of any core group is a revolving door of posters who are similar in style and don't necessarily stand out, maybe more passive in their posting style. That just adds more content, but you need the core posters to  make a place fun. 

Gypsy Soul is still the queen of the birthday thread, hahahahaha. So weird. I bet she has 20 cats or something. 

#73 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

I still check in once in awhile and it is pretty dead.  I noticed that posts about reunion talk are apparently ok now and not being deleted, so it must be true.  The sentiment used to be that if you weren't a fan of "today's version" then you weren't a true fan and you could get on board or fuck off.  Any talk of reunion was almost blasphemy.  Now, it's "I'm a GN'R fan. I was a GN'R fan yesterday, I'm a fan today, and I'll be a fan tomorrow. Whatever happens.  That's my viewpoint on the reunion, or no reunion."  Direct Jarmo quote.  

#74 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:33 AM

Yeah the GNR camp definitely gave permission for reunion shit. I guarantee Jarmo had to ask SOMEONE if that's ok. 

Toaster, was the mod who told Jarmo to go fuck himself Falcon? I dont remember. I do know Pandora got sick of it for some reason and walked away. 

-Adolf Hitler

#75 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Yeah the GNR camp definitely gave permission for reunion shit. I guarantee Jarmo had to ask SOMEONE if that's ok. 

Toaster, was the mod who told Jarmo to go fuck himself Falcon? I dont remember. I do know Pandora got sick of it for some reason and walked away. 

If I remember, it was a guy named Danny?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users