• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

bootleg of the trailer. http://www.bloody-di....com/news/15982

I am fucking looking forward to this. Thought Rob did a good job on the remake , but now dud can run with the thing his way.

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

http://www.bloody-di....com/news/15993

official trailer.

#3 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I'm not expecting much, that way I'll be pleasantly surprised if its not a pile of shit. Looks like he's taking it in a strange direction, and I really don't blame him because he has nothing to lose at this point. I bet the suits at Dimension are biting their nails waiting to see how this plays out. If this flops and blows up in their faces, they'll have to wait years to be able to reboot this franchise again.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

Shit don't even get me started on Studio Suits!

#5 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

friend of mine seen a test screening ...didn't have any praise for the flick.

#6 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

friend of mine seen a test screening ...didn't have any praise for the flick.

Hopefully a work print surfaces. We're at the same point as we were when the workprint of the first one leaked. I got that before the theatrical release, and it was really hard not watching it until I could see it in theaters.

Hilarious this is being marketed as the final installment of this "vision" when everyone knows that they were signed on for a trilogy two years ago.

I want another director and writer to take over when they do Halloween III. Zombie has remade the original and its sequel. Lets see new blood brought in to take it in a new direction.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather see a new reboot in two years than another sequel. I have always wanted to see the Michael/Laurie/Loomis story turned on its head. Where the film revolves around Laurie going after Michael for murdering her family instead of the played out "let me kill my sister who wasn't even supposed to be my sister" angle we get decade after decade.

#7 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Well, Laurie got stabbed all to hell in the last one. Another good idea is that her son John goes after Michael, or Michael goes after him.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#8 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

the series need to drop the sister story-line and go back to the roots of the boogie man stalking the babysitter.

#9 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

the series need to drop the sister story-line and go back to the roots of the boogie man stalking the babysitter.

Totally agreed, and hopefully it goes in this direction if/when they reboot the franchise again.

#10 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

Reviews coming in all over the place, and this is clearly a shit stain on the franchise's legacy. I'm surprised they didn't shelve it and make him go back to the drawing board. He totally changed the personalities of Laurie and Loomis, he lets his wife dominate the film in dream/vision sequences, the Halloween theme doesn't pop up until the movie's end, and Haddonfield feels like a different town. Reviewers are saying it doesn't even feel like a Halloween film. Thanks for another shit sandwich, Zombie.

#11 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

watched it early today. Was alright is spots , but i think they let rob go a little to freely with this one. In a crap shoot he used things that have been done if Haloween 4 & 5 in this one. Also just heard he is now direecting the remake of the Blod. pretty fun since he has done a lot of blasting on remakes and sequel in the past that those two types of films is pretty much his whole filmograph.

#12 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

Its pure shit. I regret even paying to see it, and will now boycott this franchise until they bring a talented filmmaker on board. I will also boycott all Zombie films until doomsday. Enough is enough. He just destroyed this franchise for fucks sake, which means they'll have to either reboot a new remake in a few years or start doing sequels again to the original franchise. I'm no longer supporting these hacks destroying the horror genre. I remember the 1990-96 dark age of horror, and if this bullshit keeps up, we're gonna enter another one.

#13 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

Oh, and a huge LOL to Zombie saying he hated the sequels and only liked the original when his entire "reimagining" is just a trailer trash rehash of 4 and 5.

#14 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

The whole mom leading him to kill shit was right out of Friday the 13th. Laurie was such a fucked up charater that you didn't care if she lived or died and he raped the hell out of Dr. Loomis. Now Rob is off remaking the Blob. hillbilly blod coming summer 2010...

#15 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:57 AM

It was a Halloween film in name only. Laurie wasn't Laurie, Loomis wasn't Loomis, and it didn't even feel like it was set during Halloween in Haddonfield. Felt like summer in Los Angeles. The original Zombie haters were right. The moment he signed on to the remake, they said he was more suited for Friday the 13th, and I certainly agree. I wanted a foreign director to tackle the reboot. It still blows me away that it turned out like this. This Zombie time line literally has NOWHERE to go. His lack of any ideas caused him to box his own franchise in. Had he handled the original F13 franchise, it would have ended at II with Jason's mom being skull fucked and Jason being killed by a victim that loves him even though he had just slaughtered her entire family. This guy is pathetic. Possibly the worst filmmaker of our time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users