• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:08 AM

for a while the guys who did a really cool foreign film called"Inside" were going to do Halloween 2 , but they bailed on it after dealing with harvey and bob.

#17 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

Inside was ok, but not really what Halloween should aim for. If you're looking for a Halloween mindfuck, hire Takashi Miike instead of Alexandre Bustillo. If they were gonna go the foreign route, Chan Wook Park would have been superb. However, a more likely scenario would have been Im Dae Woong, who directed the Korean slasher called Bloody Reunion. Not a great film, but totally went against the grain of typical Asian horror and the flick is definitely an homage to 80s slashers.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#18 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

From the LA Times: ""Halloween II" may not have won the box office this weekend, but Weinstein Co. is taking a lesson from the movie that did as it prepares a sequel for next summer. The independent studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein said today that the 3-D sequel, titled, appropriately enough, "Halloween 3D," is in development. The investment it takes to shoot movies in digital 3-D has proved particularly lucrative for horror films. For "The Final Destination," this weekend's No. 1 movie, theaters with at least one 3-D screen earned 3.25 times as much as those that showed the movie in 2-D only, according to distributor Warner Bros. That's substantially higher than for other recent releases. The equivalent 3-D multiple for last month's "G-Force," for instance, was only 1.7 on its first weekend. For July's "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" it was 1.4 andm for June's "Up" it was 2.2. January horror flick "My Bloody Valentine" earned 6.4 times as much from 3-D theaters as it did from 2-D on its opening weekend. Weinstein said Rob Zombie, who directed "Halloween II" and 2007's reboot of the 31-year-old horror series, won't return for "Halloween 3-D." He said the studio is in negotiations with a new director, whom he declined to name, who has experience in horror and has a "different take" on the franchise." Source: LA Times

#19 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man..... This is the franchise in its death throes. They know its over, so they're gonna quickly whip up a new film and use the 3D angle to sell it. Halloween 4 will be a z movie sent straight to DVD. They are now wishing they never let Zombie within a light year of this franchise.

#20 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

yep ! Another rush job to cash in quickley before they start doing straight to dvd films. Thanks a fucking Bunch ROB!!!!

#21 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

What's sad is they had a legitimate shot at rebooting the franchise and making it THE horror franchise of the decade and beyond. Could have easily been what F13 was in the 80s, but with a story to tell. They made two mistakes that destroyed this potential: 1. Hired Zombie to write and direct the remake 2. Hired Zombie to write and direct the sequel They should have hired Zombie to direct but NOT write those scripts. I also think Mane does a good job as Myers, but he was wasted. Now its basically gonna be what Hellraiser was in the 90s.

#22 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

I do like the casting that they did. Brad was a great choice for Brackett. Instead of doing Halloween 3D they should give it a little rest for three to five years and reboot it again. 1.Stop the whole sister story. 2.make Micheal the fucking Shape again. MIcheal doesn't need some reason to kill, he was the shape and emotionless killer. 3.Stop the over the top violence. Look at the Carpenter one , sure it had violence but it was more about tone and setting.

#23 michelle

michelle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

Since when does Variety jump on stories that aren't confirmed? I guess we're entering a new era. Bloody Disgusting caught up with My Bloody Valentine 3D director Patrick Lussier last week to confirm a rumor we were told that he was in talks for Dimension Films' Halloween 3D. He confirmed he WAS in talks, but it sounded like no definite plans were coming anytime soon, so we filed the story away until something more solid came in. We had also heard Alex Aja was in talks, but debunked that as quickly as we heard it. Fact is, we're also hearing the movie is far from greenlit, even though the Weinstein Company jumped on a 2010 date for Michael Myers' return to theaters. Hey, if they can get it going, all the power to 'em.

#24 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

Bloody Disgusting got confirmed word this evening that Patrick Lussier has officially signed the dotted line to direct HALLOWEEN 3D for Dimension Films. He'll be heading to Haddonfield with Todd Farmer, who will be penning the screenplay. The duo previously worked together on MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D for Lionsgate, making them perfect candidates to bring Michael Myers to theaters in 3D. Shooting is scheduled for this fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users