"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

very sad. what I can't stand is all the news articles on Goggle...that they THINK it may have crashed etc...unfortunately we all know what happened...guess I just hate how the refuse to state the obvious and sugercoat things. R.I.P X 228!

#3 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

http://www.reuters.c...249408020090602

Brazil sights possible plane wreckage in Atlantic
Tue Jun 2, 2009 8:48am EDT

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Brazilian military planes have sighted wreckage 400 miles off the South American country's northern coast that could be part of an Air France plane that went missing on Sunday night, Brazil's air force said on Tuesday.

The wreckage, which has still not been confirmed to be parts from Air France flight 447, includes metallic objects and plane seats, an air force spokesman said in a televised statement.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Ugh, just horrible. I couldn't imagine my final moments being terrified. I'd rather die in the hospital of some disease than that shit.

#5 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yea, that's just not a real good way to go.

#6 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

race is on to try to find and recover the black boxes...how freaking horrific.

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

In 9,000 feet of water? I can't see them recovering anything if that's the case.....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#8 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

If they are still pinging, they shouldn't have trouble retrieving those boxes. Many submersibles can operate at that depth, but I kind of doubt that they are that deep... the area appears to be in the general area of the Ridge.

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

They have claimed the debris found was that of the airplane. Starting to sound like it may have been torn apart at high altitude before going down. What would cause this?

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

Cruising too fast for conditions, and then encountering turbulence. The faster it goes, the more lift on its wings(Bernoulli principle)...

I heard a engineer say that there is protocol for decreasing speed upon encountering turbulence.And, that the ship is designed for 1.5x the stress it will encounter.

I didn't "plug and chug" but it should be simple enough to compute the stresses on the wing, and the velocities required, with the mass of the ship, to cause catastrophic failure... if 1.5 is a correct number.

http://en.wikipedia....lli's_principle

#11 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Oh, BTW, Bernoulli is the reason that your shower curtain swings in with the shower running(really, it is a little more complicated, but...). That fucker!

#12 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

apparently the beacon can send signals for 30 days, perhaps a bit more and boxes have been recovered before in 2000 to 3000 ft of water...Air India crash for example...( I read the Globe&Mail)..anyhoo, IF they can locate the signal, they have a good chance of recovery or so I have read. and Sman, that effing shower curtain thingy bugged me so much I bought weighted and magnetized shower liner(along the bottom) costs about $14 for the peice of freakin plastic! but it works

#13 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

^^See, I told you. Bernoulli was not only an asshole, but he cost you money. ;)

#14 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

^^See, I told you. Bernoulli was not only an asshole, but he cost you money. ;)

he sucks and my tub is some kind of plastic component so we can't even use those good curtains~!

#15 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

In that Area close to the equator, there are tremendous storms that would be a hurricane but it doesn't have the currents to spin the storm... I'm sure Cousin could explain it better..
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users