#31 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Bring on the conspiracies!
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

They said the pieces they found were not from the plane. Also the oil slick was too large, the plane could not have had that much. Back to square one.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#33 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

Now they are saying this:

http://edition.cnn.c...il.plane.crash/

Airbus: Lost jet had inconsistent airspeed data

(CNN) -- Automated messages sent from Air France Flight 447 just before it disappeared this week indicate the plane's systems were providing contradictory information about its airspeed, the jet's manufacturer said Friday.

That suggests the pilots may have been flying either too fast or too slow through the violent weather conditions they encountered before the crash, officials said.

In addition, investigators have said the plane's autopilot disengaged, cabin pressure was lost and there was an electrical failure before the disaster.

Transmissions from the aircraft in the final moments before it vanished over the Atlantic Ocean show there was an "inconsistency" in measured airspeeds, Airbus said.

Experts say that could mean the pilot's and co-pilot's sensors were showing different speeds.

"If they're malfunctioning, it can give a false read that can be misinterpreted in the cockpit, and a disaster can follow," said Peter Goeltz, the former managing director of the National Transportation Safety Board.

Goeltz also said it is possible that the jet's speed indicator was faulty.

"That could really be disastrous, and it's happened before," he said, speaking generally.

The jet flew into a storm before going down and may have been flying at the wrong speed for those weather conditions, officials have said.

The pilots sent no distress calls, but the aircraft's computer system relayed about four minutes of automated messages indicating a loss of cabin pressure and an electrical failure, according to investigators.

Airbus confirmed to CNN on Friday that in the wake of the crash, it sent a Telex to operators of that type of jet -- the A330-200 -- reminding them of what to do when speed indicators give conflicting readouts.

Airbus said the message was recommended by the French investigating agency, which plans to hold a news conference Saturday morning.

On its Web site, Airbus says the plane was delivered to Air France in April 2005. It had accumulated about 18,800 flight hours in about 2,500 flights.

"Airbus has offered full technical assistance to the investigation board," the company said. It also offers sympathy to the "families, friends and loved ones affected" by the crash.

Meanwhile, Goeltz said the search for the voice and data recorders from the Airbus becomes more difficult as ocean currents take any debris away from the crash site.

"The batteries on these locator devices attached to the black boxes have a limited life span -- just 30 days," he told CNN's "American Morning."

"The longer time goes on, the further away from the actual crash site the debris floats.

"It's just going to be terribly challenging to find where to start the search for these data recorders, and the clock's ticking," Goeltz said.

Adding urgency to the search for wreckage from the A330, Brazilian officials said Thursday debris pulled aboard search ships from the Atlantic Ocean this week was not from the aircraft, which disappeared Monday on a flight from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Paris, France.

All 228 passengers and crew aboard the jetliner died when it went down Monday northeast of Fernando de Noronha Islands, an archipelago 355 kilometers (220 miles) off the northeast coast of Brazil.

While the depth of the ocean presents a challenge, "We've recovered boxes as deep as 6 or 7,000 feet. We've recovered debris from as much as 10,000 feet," Goeltz said.

Various authorities have said the depth of the water in the area ranges from 3,000 meters (9,840 feet) to 7,500 meters (24,600 feet).

Cmdr. Christophe Prazuck of the French Ministry of Defense said Friday night that a French research vessel carrying a deep-diving submersible headed for the search area could pinpoint the recorders but must rely on another vessel to retrieve them.

The submarine, which helped recover artifacts from the Titanic disaster, is expected to reach its destination this weekend.

Investigators said the plane flew through lightning and turbulence, but they don't know what role, if any, the weather might have played in the crash.

Meanwhile, there has been broad speculation about why the Air France plane crashed, and France's transportation minister has warned that "extreme prudence" should be used in releasing information.

Investigators also say the autopilot system that flies the plane much of the time may have failed.

A Spanish pilot reported seeing an "intense flash" in the locale where the plane was lost, the Spanish carrier Air Comet told CNN on Thursday, confirming a report in the Spanish daily El Mundo.

The co-pilot and a passenger on the flight between Lima, Peru, and Lisbon, Portugal, also said they saw a light. Air Comet said a written copy of the pilot's report has been sent to Air France, Airbus and the Spanish civil aviation authority.

#34 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Wow.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

2 bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site RECIFE, Brazil – Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is believed to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday. Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it. "It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said. Flight 447 disappeared Sunday with 228 people on board and officials believe there were no survivors. The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 70 kilometers (45 miles) south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals — roughly 400 miles (640 kilometers) northeast of the Fernando de Noronha islands off Brazil's northern coast. "At 9:10 a.m., a ship spotted the first body," Amaral said. "The body was recovered and it was confirmed to be male." The second body was spotted and recovered around 11:30 a.m. (1430 GMT).

#36 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

I was just reading that on GoogleNews..such a horrific thing to think 228 people can dissappear in a blink of an eye....I wonder if both of the bodies recovered were intact? just sad

#37 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

Ugh, I'd guess probably not. But who the hell knows?

#38 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Yea probably not but at least they can look for the box now and have some clue where it may be.

#39 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

apparently they found 4 more bodies today...damn.

#40 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

oh my..up to 17 people recovered so far.I hope they can find alot more..death is never easy but at least of there is a body, I think it gives the families a better chance at closure..to be able to see for themselves their loved ones remains..I know that sounds morbid but I think if it were me, I'd feel comforted knowing I could give them a decent burial.

#41 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

I read one guy was flying back from his Father's funeral...ugh.

#42 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Heard about that one couple on the flight who were going to tell her family they were getting married.

#43 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

I'd rather die of cancer in the hospital.....in pain.

#44 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

I would rather have a thermo-nuclear device explode at the back of my head. Well... not really, but yes I would.

#45 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

I think I would have accepted my fate, closed my eyes and held my arm rests until my demise. I'd guess at some point I would have lost consciousness, which probably would have been a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users