#316 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

Lots of new "Jacko on fire" footage surfacing today.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#317 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

Yea, I dunno what to think of it. CNN was like "We're showing this because we believe this is when he became a drug addict." Which still a farce, they are showing it just to show it, not because they are doing an in depth analysis of how he ended up the way he did.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#318 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Lots of new "Jacko on fire" footage surfacing today.

... Nah, I won't say it.

#319 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

http://www.usmagazin...ericial-2009147

Michael Jackson's Never-Before-Seen 1984 Pepsi Commercial Accident

I'm not even watching that and have been avoiding it, because I think that's the worst. We're (meaning the American public and CNN news) are sinking lower every day.

#320 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

No one was charged when Elvis died, but he wasn't shooting Diprivan... just Dilaudid.

We're living in a different time now. That was what? 30 yrs ago? It's different now thanks to the internet and the news which has become Enquirer like and worse.

I have conflicting thoughts.....the celebrity who died of drug overdose did it to themselves (Elvis, Michigan, whatshername anna). They did. However, you have to wonder about what happens when a person becomes very famous, has a lot of money, and becomes vulnerable to these vultures.

I guess, bottom line is, I think these doctors should be charged. And sad to say that MJ has to be made an example of.... but it's time it stopped. They're responsible for their decisions, but what about the doctors who get on board and provide it because of who that person is or the moeny involved? That's wrong.

#321 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

Also when you become a drug addict or alcoholic, you truly are on auto pilot. While you continue to repeat the same thing expecting a different result, there is a part of you that is simply gone (mostly because you have given up.) When you get to that point, you surround yourself with enablers. In his case, because of his money and fame, they surrounded him instead. Anybody else that isn't with your program gets the boot.

#322 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:50 AM

No one was charged when Elvis died, but he wasn't shooting Diprivan... just Dilaudid.

We're living in a different time now. That was what? 30 yrs ago? It's different now thanks to the internet and the news which has become Enquirer like and worse.

I have conflicting thoughts.....the celebrity who died of drug overdose did it to themselves (Elvis, Michigan, whatshername anna). They did. However, you have to wonder about what happens when a person becomes very famous, has a lot of money, and becomes vulnerable to these vultures.

I guess, bottom line is, I think these doctors should be charged. And sad to say that MJ has to be made an example of.... but it's time it stopped. They're responsible for their decisions, but what about the doctors who get on board and provide it because of who that person is or the moeny involved? That's wrong.

Perhaps, a case could be made for involuntary manslaughter, but depraved indifference??? I don't think so. He did it to himself, as do all junkies.

#323 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

Sony bids $50 million for Jackson rehearsal film LOS ANGELES – Sony Corp.'s movie studio has bid $50 million to acquire the worldwide distribution rights to a film based on rehearsal footage for Michael Jackson's "This Is It" comeback concert series, according to a person familiar with the bid. The person said Monday that the bid came after several studios, including Paramount, Universal, 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros., were shown footage starting early last week. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the bidding had not been completed. The winning studio would produce the film with Jackson's concert promoter, AEG Live, and his estate. It would go a long way to helping AEG Live recoup some of the $30 million to $32 million it spent producing the concert before Jackson died June 25. Sony Pictures has a leg up on other bidders because Sony Music distributes Jackson's music and is in a 50-50 partnership with his estate in Sony/ATV Music Publishing. The bidding was reported earlier by the Los Angeles Times and industry blogger Nikki Finke. The estate and AEG Live are also negotiating with several television networks and pay-per-view outlets on a TV special that would be a stage show featuring Jackson's music and dancing. It would be directed by "This Is It" director Kenny Ortega. The selling price being discussed for the rights to show the TV special is also in the tens of millions of dollars. General Electric Co.'s NBC has been in talks on the TV show, but the concept, air date and cost for the rights has not been finalized, said NBC spokeswoman Rebecca Marks. "We have no deal for the rights to the Michael Jackson special," Marks said.

#324 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Agents descend on Vegas home of Jackson doctor LAS VEGAS – Police and federal drug agents searched the sprawling Las Vegas home and medical office of Michael Jackson's personal doctor Tuesday, seeking documents as part of a manslaughter investigation into the singer's death. Los Angeles police and Drug Enforcement Administration agents entered Dr. Conrad Murray's home in a gated community while others across town searched Murray's medical offices, Global Cardiovascular Associates Inc. Michael Flanagan, assistant special agent in charge of the Las Vegas DEA office, said the warrants were sealed and he couldn't say what documents agents were seeking. He said he expected the search would last five hours. It was the second time in less than a week that investigators targeted Murray's property. Last week in Houston authorities searched his clinic and storage. Court records show they were seeking evidence of whether the doctor committed manslaughter. With toxicology reports pending, investigators are working under the theory that Murray gave Jackson the powerful anesthetic propofol to help him go to sleep, and the drug caused his heart to stop, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press. Murray told investigators he administered propofol sometime in the early morning of June 25, the day Jackson died, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. The official told AP that Murray left the bedroom where Jackson was sedated, and returned to find the star unresponsive. Police have said Murray is cooperating and have not labeled him a suspect. Authorities said Tuesday the doctor was at his Las Vegas home when investigators arrived. Outside, a few onlookers from a nearby golf course and neighboring homes watched as the investigators swarmed Murray's home. Flanagan said staff members at Murray's medical office were cooperative. Murray's lawyer in Houston, Edward Chernoff, has said the doctor "didn't prescribe or administer anything that should have killed Michael Jackson." Late Monday, his office posted a statement online that said, "things tend to shake out when all the facts are made known, and I'm sure that will happen here as well." Jackson is believed to have been using propofol for about two years and investigators are trying to determine how many other doctors administered it. Murray told investigators he had given Jackson the drug several times before, the official said. Jackson relied on the drug like an alarm clock, the official said, explaining a doctor would administer it when Jackson went to sleep then stop the IV drip when the singer wanted to wake up. Murray, 51, became Jackson's personal physician in May and was to accompany him to London for a series of concerts starting in July. He was staying with Jackson in the Los Angeles mansion and, according to Chernoff, "happened to find" an unconscious Jackson in the pop star's bedroom the morning of June 25. Murray tried to revive him by compressing his chest with one hand while supporting Jackson's back with the other. The law enforcement official also provided a glimpse into how the pop star was living in the weeks before he died, describing the room in which Jackson slept in his rented Beverly Hills mansion as outfitted with oxygen tanks and an IV drip. Police found drugs in the home, including a stash of propofol and other liquid medications such as sedatives big enough to fill two gym bags. The drugs were hidden in a closet. An IV line and three tanks of oxygen were in the room where Jackson slept and 15 more oxygen tanks were in a security guard's shack, the official said. Using propofol to sleep exceeds the drug's intended purpose. The drug can depress breathing and lower heart rates and blood pressure. Because of the risks, propofol is supposed to be administered only in medical settings by trained personnel.

#325 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Somebody is going to pay for this. ^^

#326 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

Doesn't everyone live this way?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#327 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

Dose Me please?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#328 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

The saga continues.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#329 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

I think that it is disgusting that the authorities go after anyone after the over dose death of a celebrity. Jackson was playing with fire, and he got burnt! This kind of reminds of the episode where Sharon Osbourne blamed the doctors for Ozzy being so fucked up in their reality show. "They had him on so much benzos that he didn't know what was going on". Wah, wah, wah, STFU Sharon. He knew what the fuck he was doing; he was abusing prescription medication. As was Jackson.

#330 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

We're a nation that isn't responsible for anything. If the guy is guilty he should lose his license and get a big fine. No fucking manslaughter charge, that's horseshit.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)