384 replies to this topic

#331 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

The doctors enabled Jackson to get his hands on these deadly drugs though. Had they not thrown ethics out the window, and simply said "No," Jackson might still be alive.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#332 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

Lots of people enable addicts, are they prosecuted after someone dies? If they had said no, Jackson would have found the drugs elsewhere. He was in the depths of chronic, and acute, addiction. Those kinds of addicts get their fix... one way, or another.

#333 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Probably, lots of doctors did say no.

#334 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Yes, yet half a dozen or so didn't. It would be slighly different if they were giving him shitloads of Tylenol 3s or something, but most of those drugs they were giving him are only to be used under strict supervision while the patient is on an operating table at a hospital. It has been pretty apparent for the last 15 years or so that Jackson was depressed or borderline depressed, so the doctors should have realized that by doping him up with these deadly narcotics, they were basically giving a suicidal individual a loaded gun.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#335 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

Money talks......
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#336 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

What doesn't add up is that the media and even the kids were talking about how he was such an incredible father, yet at the same time we have all these reports suggesting Michael had become a virtual zombie zoned out on an IV for days on end.

#337 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

Do you think the doctor or doctors should be thrown in jail because of this?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#338 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:47 PM

I think we need for the whole story to come out first before we can come to such significant conclusions. One thing that's fucked is supposedly the doctor he had living with him tried to perform CPR on Michael while he was lying borderline dead or dead on his bed. Even beginer swimmers know that CPR is supposed to be performed strictly on a hard surface to get the maximum amount of oxygen circulating in the victim's body.

#339 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

MJ is lucky he lived as long as he did. Could have easily died years ago. The guy made John Belushi look like Nancy Reagan. I don't think jail time is needed for this doctor. Maybe suspend his license, but nothing else. There's one person responsible for this death, and its not a doctor.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#340 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

Odd comparison but OK....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#341 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

Is it really that odd? John Belushi= drug addict Nancy Reagan=Just Say No I thought it was funny, although I have a tendency to laugh at my own jokes.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#342 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Well Nancy was exposed as having a drug problem of her own years later, pills if I recall. Not to try and pull the rug out from under your joke, just sayin'.

#343 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

Katherine is going to get the kids apparently. Glad they won't be split up.

#344 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

Well Nancy was exposed as having a drug problem of her own years later, pills if I recall. Not to try and pull the rug out from under your joke, just sayin'.

I don't recall that? There were some reports and books that had turned out to be written with false info and unreliable sources.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#345 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

Dr. Conrad Murray Speaks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users