#3151 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Even Dennis Miller is weighing in on this. This type of thing should have been pushed right when Sanders started running.

TETkRtZ.png

We are in the golden age of trolling. There are lots of people who after the last 8 years of a mediocre economy -- where no one was held responsible for the fiscal meltdown -- also see that laws don't seem to apply equally anymore. I think they see that the caterwauling about Trump coming from the establishment people in power or those who benefit from not fixing things and these voters are deciding that electing Trump president is a message that cannot be ignored.

Even if Trump somehow loses. the message has already been sent. The American people are now willing to elect a complete outsider with no experience in politics as president because both sides have screwed the pooch equally and care nothing about the people.

It is historic.

There's been talk of changing some of the rules even more for the convention to try and knock Trump out. Expect riots nationwide when the establishment proves everything he is telling the American people is true.

The republican party would prefer a Hillary presidency than Trump. That is so revealing of what a sham our current system is. We've got a dem primary process that is completely rigged. I have a better chance at winning than Bernie does and I'm not even running. Now we're about to rig the repub side and had they known the rise of Trump was coming, it would've been rigged before this election cycle started.

What percentage of African-Americans would Trump have to siphon off to sink Hillary's electoral map?

I don't think race is going to play a huge factor in this election.

If you love the establishment and what they've done to this country, you'll be voting for Hillary or some shill in place of Trump.

If you're tired of it and want real change, you're voting Trump.

I think that's basically what this election is boiling down to whether you're black, white, gay, straight,etc.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3152 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

Newt Gingrich on ‘Anti-Trump’ Republicans: Should Form ‘Lost Republicans for Hillary’

Newt would be a good veep for Trump. ;-)

There are some theories out there that Kasich is staying in to PREVENT a two person race that would favor the non-Trump vote coalescing behind Cruz. The theory is that Kasich will be Trump's VP as you have to win Ohio to be president.

Kasich is the only politician out of this campaign that I like. I'll support a Trump-Kasich ticket 1000%. Trump needs him and not just for Ohio. He'd be a great advisor, a voice of reason, and could really help at the negotiating table when they are talking with congressmen and senators.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3153 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

Trump.

Absolutely. One debate a month...starting now. She'll drop out in April. He'd run unopposed in the general.

The Trump-Clinton debates are going to be incredible.  Other than a Trump victory on election day, the debates will be considered the highlight of 2016.

My prediction on the Trump-Clinton debates. and I'll quote this post when the first is about to happen.

I'll assume three will be scheduled. After the first night is a complete disaster for Hillary, her campaign will issue a press release saying she's sick in an effort to delay/reschedule the rest of the debates to buy time so they can figure out how to handle him....that's if she'll even show up for a second one.

I'm not exaggerating. I think he's going to completely destroy her in a debate.

I was reading earlier that even Limbaugh is supporting Trump. That's shocking. I haven't seen LImbaugh in years but he's always for the top establishment guy...I'd have figured Jeb. I think Limbaugh knows this is history in the making and he might as well get behind the winner early.

I can't disagree more. Hillary, damaged goods n' all, will take Trump to the cleaners. Right now you have left and right working against Trump. He has energized minorities to come out like never before. He's the most disliked politician according to polls. Protests at every single one of his rallies...they are happening for a reason, people loathe him. 

Anything you may believe would hurt Hillary has already been tried, tested and covered to death by right wing media. It's only applicable to those who already hold the various accusations to be true. It's not going to sway anybody, only energize the base. But that same base isn't being fully represented by Trump and they're freaking out. The GOP has been split into many different fractions over the years. Trump isn't going to bring them together, not with everything the GOP is planning against him right now. 

She sure as hell isn't going to back out of any debates with him. He's a weak debater. Good at attacks and bully tactics, but that's about it. He has zero substance, zero plans, and often times can't give a straight answer. Yes it got him ahead in the GOP race, but that isn't going to fly for the General. 

The electoral math is already poor for the GOP walking in the door. Are we really going to believe that somebody as polarizing as Trump is going to take states that Romney or McCain couldn't? 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3154 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

Yeah I know we're on opposite sides of the fence on this debate issue. Cant wait to discuss it afterwards. I just don't see how anyone can take someone like Trump to the cleaners. He is going to attack her and tell it like it is like we've never seen anyone do before. I sense a major disaster on the horizon and no way in hell is she looking forward to debating him. She'd love a Cruz or Kasich debate because it would be a typical debate with kid gloves, softball questions, hand shaking, and both will laugh about it backstage.

He's the most disliked politician according to polls. Protests at every single one of his rallies...they are happening for a reason, people loathe him.

Yeah we keep hearing this yet massive crowds are showing up everywhere he goes to support him and people are voting for him in droves. Hell... six people greeted Hillary at a Texas airport. I could fly to Texas and get more than six forum nerds in that state to show up at that airport. She refused to go over to those people and take pics when she had just been to an event where for 1200 bucks you could take a pic with her. This would be a great story for Trump to bring up in the debate....and then casually remind the audience that he paid her to go to his wedding.

Anything you may believe would hurt Hillary has already been tried, tested and covered to death by right wing media. It's only applicable to those who already hold the various accusations to be true. It's not going to sway anybody, only energize the base.

Its never been tried by someone like Trump at a debate that the entire world will be watching. Its completely different than the "right wing conspiracy" she loathes so much. That right wing is actually pulling for her this time. Trump isn't going to be aiming his "telling it like it is" approach to republicans....it'll be aimed at all Americans and they will be listening.

This isn't a typical blue/red election and I think more people will realize this the further we get into the general.

But that same base isn't being fully represented by Trump and they're freaking out. The GOP has been split into many different fractions over the years. Trump isn't going to bring them together, not with everything the GOP is planning against him right now.

He only needs to secure the nomination. Other than that, IMO he doesn't need to "rally the troops" like any other typical republican candidate. He is going to get votes from dems, repubs, independents,etc. and the media better be paying close attention to those "Reagan democrats".

Of course they're freaking out. Both sides are. They should be.

He has zero substance, zero plans, and often times can't give a straight answer.

Sounds like a description of just about any politician and Hillary is the last person who will give a straight answer. If she does give straight answers, I look forward to her answers when Trump grills her on those emails.

Once we get to the general we will hear more about both of their plans. That's basically how it always happens. Primaries mainly seperate the wheat from the chaff and there was too much chaff in this republican primary season. I'm wondering if it helped or hurt his rise. Maybe up against one or two from the start we would have seen different numbers.  Too many people running and now he has a lot of momentum even though the media is saying the whole country hates him.

The electoral math is already poor for the GOP walking in the door. Are we really going to believe that somebody as polarizing as Trump is going to take states that Romney or McCain couldn't?

It's not the GOP walking in the door this time.  He's not Romney, McCain or a typical republican partisan hack. The country has never experienced a candidate like this running for president and we are in uncharted waters.

Hell....people who usually don't give a rat's patootie about elections are paying attention because of Trump. I wonder how many of those are paying attention because of Hillary? I don't know the exact statistics but I do know it's somewhere near zero.

I do realize the electoral map is interesting. I've played around with it and there are scenarios where she can win obviously but there are also scenarios where he can not only win but can landslide this thing. It's too early to tell at the moment but if he secures the nomination, chooses Kasich as his VP(that gives him Ohio), first time voters flock to him, disenfranchised Bernie voters vote for Trump in protest, independents swing his way, Reagan democrats,etc. we could be looking at a Reagan landslide. I realize that would be best case scenario for Trump but it is not impossible.

Slightly off topic...I wish these dem primaries weren't rigged. Sanders deserved a fair crack at the nomination.

-Adolf Hitler

#3155 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

I was reading Sludge last night and a Bernie supporter made a really good point. She loathes Trump but does like how he's handling these republican candidates....

People who understand what this election is really about can't afford to be mad at each other.

We want the same things, we just have different ideas about how to get there. Don't let them distract us and pit us against each other. We can decide who we want to represent us without their fucking intervention.

-Adolf Hitler

#3156 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:26 PM

Turns out Jeeps are good for something after all. As long as it didn't have to go up a hill I guess, haha (sorry AMM)

#3157 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

Poll: Clinton, Sanders would beat Trump in Utah

#3158 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:14 AM

#3159 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:14 AM

So will the tragedy in Belgium add credence to Trump?

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3160 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

It might help him with security minded independents, though anyone with a "ban muslims" mentality has already jumped on board.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3161 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

Trump thanks Latina supporter; now mounting backlash threatens her business

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3162 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

VIDEO: Bill Clinton slams ‘awful legacy of last 8 years’

Just asking for an indictment there, Bill.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3163 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:26 PM

VIDEO: Bill Clinton slams ‘awful legacy of last 8 years’

Just asking for an indictment there, Bill.

The Clintons immediately responded that they were referring to the obstructionist GOP congress, but how quickly they forget Obama had a super majority in both houses for the first 2 years and they had the Senate until 2014. But that doesn't make for a good sound byte.

#3164 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

The Clintons immediately responded that they were referring to the obstructionist GOP congress, but how quickly they forget Obama had a super majority in both houses for the first 2 years and they had the Senate until 2014. But that doesn't make for a good sound byte.

Requiring a supermajority to invoke cloture on everything for two years still strikes me as fairly obstructionist.  The number of cloture votes and filibusters during the Obama era has been unprecedented.  I suspect Republicans will regret this when, typically, Democrats use it as precedent to do the same thing. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3165 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:31 PM

The democrats showed their ability to remove the filibuster, the GOP hasn't reciprocated. You can't call them obstructionist when Reid refused to even let their bills reach the Senate floor. Obama and the DNC shut the GOP entirely out during the Obamacare debate and only passed it with a sleaze tactic because they lacked the ability to get a supermajority vote among their own people.

It's like the mouth breathers who try to say Obama hasn't expanded the power of the executive branch by citing the number of executive orders passed. It's not the amount but what they individually do.

Yes, Obama was elected twice. But fortunately we have three branches of government and not just one. The American people also voted in 2010 and 2014 and put Republicans in control of the legislature. Obama's unwillingness to include them or compromise on any significant policy is the root cause behind this. So he tried to legislate through executive order and has had his hand slapped. Even if SCOTUS goes 4-4 on his immigration act, the lower ruling stands. Maybe he should have seriously tried to meet in the middle and not lead from behind as he'll famously be remembered for. Than and winning the noble prize before he even took office.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users