4463 replies to this topic

#3361 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

Hillary has been leading Trump in the polls quite easily lately. Some polls as high as +12. I think the RCP average is 5-6 points over Trump.

Trump's numbers with Latinos and Blacks came back, and they are also abysmal. I don't see how he could win a General with only the white vote. 

GOP is at odds with him over one comment after the other....this has been a bad last couple of weeks for him. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3362 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

I cant stand Hillary but I am seriously starting to wonder if he has what it takes to be prez. He didn't handle that club massacre very well at all and as prez for the next 4-8 years, he will be dealing with crisis after crisis. Basically minutes after it happened he's already blaming specific people and knows how to stop it. His statements weren't presidential at all.

Hillary is a snake but at least she would be poised enough to handle it and stick to a damn script. Cant have a president ranting like Axl Rose every time there's breaking news.

There's something appealing about the outsider and anti-establishment but holy hell does the appeal stop there.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3363 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:17 PM

I cant stand Hillary but I am seriously starting to wonder if he has what it takes to be prez. He didn't handle that club massacre very well at all and as prez for the next 4-8 years, he will be dealing with crisis after crisis. Basically minutes after it happened he's already blaming specific people and knows how to stop it. His statements weren't presidential at all.

Hillary is a snake but at least she would be poised enough to handle it and stick to a damn script. Cant have a president ranting like Axl Rose every time there's breaking news.

There's something appealing about the outsider and anti-establishment but holy hell does the appeal stop there.

The other thing that seems to be hurting him is that he (from what is being reported) isn't following or taking advice for his campaign. Part of being a good leader, is knowing what you don't know and hiring good help. He's off the rails behind the scenes and says he'll go it alone if they don't do it his way. It's like he's in full time alpha male mode, even off the stage. 

For my job I won't dispense legal advice when it is required, I get an attorney involved. I know my limitations, and look to people with more experience or who are more qualified to problem solve issues I can not. Otherwise I could end up in big trouble. I'd imagine a guy with a huge ego would never do that. 

#3364 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3365 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Awesomesauce. 

#3366 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:59 AM

Members of the GOP Convention Rules committee are planning to consider an amendment to allow delegates a way out of voting for Trump on the first ballot—an effort that in an extreme could be used to deny him the nomination.

Under the proposal, delegates could be granted conscientious objector status, thereby freeing them from their pledge to vote as they are bound as the result of primaries and caucuses. The measure, first put forward by Colorado delegate Kendal Unruh, would undo the strict ‘faithless-delegate’ rule enacted at the GOP convention in 2012 and allow a “vote of conscience, whether personal or religious” by delegates.

“Allowable personal reasons shall include the public disclosure of one or more grievous acts of personal conduct by a nominee candidate, including but not limited to, criminally actionable acts, acts of moral turpitude or extreme prejudice, and/or notorious public statements of support for positions that clearly oppose or contradict the policies embodied in the Republican Party’s platform as established at the national convention,” the amendment says.

Nearly all convention delegates are bound under the current rules—at least on the first ballot—by the results of primaries and caucuses in their states and territories. At minimum the proposed amendment would free frustrated delegates from having to vote for Trump, and in the extreme could deny Trump the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination—even on the first ballot.

On Friday, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus announced the selection of the chair and co-chair of the Convention Rules Committee, Utah National Committeewoman Enid Mickelson and Massachusetts National Committeeman Ron Kaufman. Both have spoken negatively about Trump in the past, but are viewed as party institutionalists. On Friday afternoon, the RNC Counsel’s Office distributed copies of the party’s current rules and proposed changes recommended by the RNC’s standing committee on rules to all members of the convention rules committee. In the week before the Cleveland convention, the convention rules committee and the full convention will have to approve the new rules, as well as any proposed amendments.

The circulating draft is one of several proposed amendments designed to undermine Trump or alleviate the concerns of delegates at the convention. A more radical proposal would unbind all delegates for any reason, while more limited measures would provide delegates with other outlets to voice their frustration with Trump at the convention.

In an interview with TIME last week, Trump said he had “no comment” about whether delegates who don’t support him should be removed from the convention, but said that those seeking to undermine him already “had their chance.”

“All I’ve heard is I’ve got more votes than anybody in the history,” Trump said. “So I think it’s a little hard for somebody to do that. More votes than anybody in history. They had their chance. I do know they represented other people who were defeated. And they had their chance. They could have won but they didn’t.”

The convention rules committee is made up of one man and one woman from each of the 50 states, U.S. territories, and the District of Columbia. Dominated by party insiders and loyalists to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz—who aggressively worked state conventions to secure slots on the committee—it remains to be seen what the committee’s appetite would be for such a dramatic break from the existing rules. It is complicated further by the Republican National Committee’s embrace of Trump early last month, even as some party leaders are reversing their earlier decisions to support Trump.

In an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd this week, Ryan gave members of his conference the leeway to avoid backing Trump. “The last thing I would do is tell anybody to do something that’s contrary to their conscience,” he said.

The text of the proposed rule:

Preserving Delegates’ Ability to Vote Their Individual Conscience

The secretary of the national convention shall receive and faithfully announce and record each delegate’s vote in accordance with these rules. If any such delegate notifies the secretary of his or her intent to cast a vote of conscience, whether personal or religious, each such delegate shall be unbound and unconstrained by these rules on any given vote, including the first ballot for the selection of the Republican nominee for President of the United States, without the risk of challenge, sanction, or retribution by the Republican National Committee. Allowable personal reasons shall include the public disclosure of one or more grievous acts of personal conduct by a nominee candidate, including but not limited to, criminally actionable acts, acts of moral turpitude or extreme prejudice, and/or notorious public statements of support for positions that clearly oppose or contradict the policies embodied in the Republican Party’s platform as established at the national convention.

#3367 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

Deny Trump the nomination = President Hillary.

#iThing #word

#3368 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:16 AM

If they do this, expect a coup.  If the DNC want to allow 1/3 of their votes to belong to cronies and insiders, that's their choice.  But the GOP should adhere to the agreement with voters.  Trump won fairly.  The RNC didn't bitch when they thought Trump was bringing in great ratings for Bush or Walker.  If they pull this shit and go back to the Jesus and abortion nonsense, they're done.  The Democratic party is blowing up with its double think and trying to cater to blacks, the poor, latinos, women and every gender identity some fantasy author has drafted.  Obama is going to lose his immigration battle and we have Hajis shooting up shit every couple of months.  All Trump needs to do is lean on them and say if you interviewed this guy twice, gave him a job for Homeland Security and let him buy a gun, why the fuck should we trust you vetting hundreds of thousands of Muslims from Syria and Iraq, it'd shut Hillary down.  The feel good, hold hands and be a brother nonsense wouldn't fly here.

I don't think this will happen and think most of it is just the media desperate for ratings, trying to stir the pot so to speak.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3369 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

Donald Trump's campaign manager is out. Here are the brutal numbers that tell us why.

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#3370 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:32 AM

If they do this, expect a coup.  If the DNC want to allow 1/3 of their votes to belong to cronies and insiders, that's their choice.  But the GOP should adhere to the agreement with voters.  Trump won fairly.  The RNC didn't bitch when they thought Trump was bringing in great ratings for Bush or Walker.  If they pull this shit and go back to the Jesus and abortion nonsense, they're done.  The Democratic party is blowing up with its double think and trying to cater to blacks, the poor, latinos, women and every gender identity some fantasy author has drafted.  Obama is going to lose his immigration battle and we have Hajis shooting up shit every couple of months.  All Trump needs to do is lean on them and say if you interviewed this guy twice, gave him a job for Homeland Security and let him buy a gun, why the fuck should we trust you vetting hundreds of thousands of Muslims from Syria and Iraq, it'd shut Hillary down.  The feel good, hold hands and be a brother nonsense wouldn't fly here.

I don't think this will happen and think most of it is just the media desperate for ratings, trying to stir the pot so to speak.

Trump has big campaign financing issues already. He's woefully short on cash compared to Hillary, and his staff is currently 1/10 the size of Hilldawg's. Hillary is about to launch the attack ads, hanging him with his own words in various swing states. This along with the crazy shit he says, and the latest poll numbers is freaking the GOP out. Yes the media love this kind of drama, but I think there may be quite a bit of truth to these reports. 

#3371 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

I have no doubt some one is thinking up a million different scenarios, but so far it's just a dozen Cruz supporters talking on the phone.  I still have no doubt Clinton is going to win the general, and it looks like it's going to be more and more of a landslide.  But that doesn't mean the GOP should dump Trump and then go running back to whatever Bozo jumps up to defend Kim Davis fast enough.  There's a chance here to steal the populism the DNC has had a strangle on for 2 decades and make an actual case that America is a pretty cool fucking place.  And we should be focused on our own and not every sad story to show up at immigration or continue the narrative of finding some victim status for anyone who isn't a straight, white male.  

If Trump loses the general because he's a fucking idiot who won't assemble a legitimate campaign team and enjoys twitter battles, that's on him.  But don't try to shove Cruz or some other idiot down the GOP's throats under some sleazy last minute rule change.  Yes, the rules committee can change their rules at any moment, but if they do this to keep Trump out, why should anyone ever bother voting again?  Let the DNC be the ones who fix the ballots and coordinate to get their candidate of choice on the ballot.  

#3372 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

GUCCIFER 2.0: DOSSIER ON HILLARY CLINTON FROM DNC

#iThing #word

#3373 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

I don't think stolen documents should be circulated. No more than whatever this Secret Service agent trying to make a quick buck should be given air time. Regardless on the truth of his claims, it's a breach of trust and shouldn't be condoned.

#3374 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

TV REPORTERS LAUGH AT HILLARY FOR AVOIDING QUESTIONS

#3375 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

You owe me a minute...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users