4463 replies to this topic

#3751 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

In other words, let the war on brown people begin.  The GOP finally gets their way on that.  Got it.

Comments like that are why Trump won.  It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.  Follow the fucking law and don't reward people who see this nation as nothing but a free meal. We should be letting people in who improve our country, not letting everyone in who has a sob story to soak up more government handouts and create talking points for the DNC.  You guys had your turn.  Now the GOP has complete control of government and the precedent to not only exclude the DNC from all decisions, but to prevent them from using the filibuster in any capacity.

I hope the GOP doesn't do that.  I hope Trump puts Democrats on his cabinet.  But just like you guys love to claim Obamacare was a Republican idea, removing birthright citizenship from illegals was also a Democratic idea championed by Harry Reid.  So either get on board, or watch as the GOP uses every trick the DNC used.  You guys elected the first term senator with zero qualifications or accomplishments in 2008.  He got a Noble prize before he was even sworn in.  That populist sentiment has backfired.  You guys want to know why Trump won, look in the mirror.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3752 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

I find your reaction so odd. About a week ago you voted for Hillary Clinton because it was the adult thing to do. Now you're a Trump apologist and not concerned about his instability at all. Scolding the Democrats for being so foolish. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3753 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

I find your reaction so odd. About a week ago you voted for Hillary Clinton because it was the adult thing to do. Now you're a Trump apologist and not concerned about his instability at all. Scolding the Democrats for being so foolish. 

I'm a Republican. I'm tired of being called a racist because I think the 93% of black deaths caused by other blacks is much more discussion worthy than the dozen or so who are questionably shot by police every year.  I'm tired of being called a homophobe or bigot because I think your possession of the Y chromosome is what defines you as a man. I'm tired of being called a racist because I don't think illegals who give birth on our soil should have their child be called a citizen and be allowed to stay and receive welfare on their behalf.

So why wouldn't I be excited to see the GOP utterly destroy the Clinton and Democratic propaganda machine and end the Clinton dynasty.  

I said many times that I was less concerned about Trump winning because of Congress.  It looks like the GOP will have 54 seats once Manchin joins the GOP.  Nothing is going to happen that is going to end the world.  I certainly have my reservations, but I'm proud that America said "fuck you" to special interests and the politically correct culture that has infested our collective minds.

#3754 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

The polls were over sampling Democrats. Either to help Hillary appear to be winning by a large number or by idiocy. Pollsters assumed she would bring out the same energetic crowds that Obama did. This was stupid to anyone watching her small rallies compared to Trumps yuge ones. She had troubles with minorities that should have been seen.

I think the race was always close. The fact that her and her cronies rigged the whole Dem system against Bernie and the false favorable polls were not a help once she met reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3755 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

The polls were over sampling Democrats. Either to help Hillary appear to be winning by a large number or by idiocy. Pollsters assumed she would bring out the same energetic crowds that Obama did. This was stupid to anyone watching her small rallies compared to Trumps yuge ones. She had troubles with minorities that should have been seen.

I think the race was always close. The fact that her and her cronies rigged the whole Dem system against Bernie and the false favorable polls were not a help once she met reality.

Exactly.  She had a consistent lead within the MoE in almost every battleground state.  Every once in a while some extreme poll would pop up showing her with a 10% lead and her admirers went crazy.  Regardless of things Trump said, none of that made Clinton a good candidate.  I certainly am concerned if Trump can go toe to toe with Putin.  But I have no doubt Trump will be better for domestic policy than she would have been.

Every sexual/mysoginistic complaint about Trump had been lobbied against her husband.  But her fans remained mum and pretended they didn't have any validity.  The 'horrible' things he said were said in a much more consistent, graphic and public sense from her surrogates (Have you watched Lena Dunham or Amy Schumer? Ever listen to Jay Z or Beyonce?).  The people saw through the hypocrisy.  They saw a person and her team who were willing to do anything to ensure she won.  Both heads of the DNC were caught red handed working to keep Bernie out and violated all impartiality to ensure Clinton won.  The people saw how she had an illegal private server, repeatedly lied about it having any classified material, and then discovered her aides worked to destroy any and all evidence.  They saw her brag about taking sniper fire only to have video be released showing it a complete lie.  They saw a person who refused to meet with the media for 6 months and lived in a sheltered and protective inner circle that no one but her most trusted advisers had access to.  They saw a person who claimed to be for the working class, yet took millions from Wall Street in paid speeches and donations.  They saw that in order to get access to her, you had to pay into the Clinton Foundation.

They saw that a lot of the accusations against Trump, such as talking about Kelly's period or mocking a handicap person were extremely exaggerated if not fabricated.  Look at the complete tapes and not just a still image.  The handicap reporter was one of the first to accuse Trump of lying about Muslims celebrating 9/11 in Jersey.  Except it turned out that same journalist wrote an article about Muslim celebrating in Jersey on 9/11.  When questioned, he claimed he didn't remember and Trump moved his arms to show someone who was flustered, just as he did with 2 other people who didn't have a handicap.  They saw the complete video of Trump attacking a man before and after talking about Kelly saying they had blood pouring out of them to get him.  They saw Hillary Clinton call them deplorable but scream outrage that Trump called Rosie O'Donnel a "fat pig" (which she objectively is).

So yea, if you don't understand why a large segment of society opted for him over someone who quite obviously didn't believe the rules applied to her and felt entitled to lead this country, you're going to have a lot more surprises coming.

#3756 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

Comments like that are why Trump won.  It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.  Follow the fucking law and don't reward people who see this nation as nothing but a free meal. We should be letting people in who improve our country, not letting everyone in who has a sob story to soak up more government handouts and create talking points for the DNC.  You guys had your turn.  Now the GOP has complete control of government and the precedent to not only exclude the DNC from all decisions, but to prevent them from using the filibuster in any capacity.

I hope the GOP doesn't do that.  I hope Trump puts Democrats on his cabinet.  But just like you guys love to claim Obamacare was a Republican idea, removing birthright citizenship from illegals was also a Democratic idea championed by Harry Reid.  So either get on board, or watch as the GOP uses every trick the DNC used.  You guys elected the first term senator with zero qualifications or accomplishments in 2008.  He got a Noble prize before he was even sworn in.  That populist sentiment has backfired.  You guys want to know why Trump won, look in the mirror.

I'm a Republican. I'm tired of being called a racist because I think the 93% of black deaths caused by other blacks is much more discussion worthy than the dozen or so who are questionably shot by police every year.  I'm tired of being called a homophobe or bigot because I think your possession of the Y chromosome is what defines you as a man. I'm tired of being called a racist because I don't think illegals who give birth on our soil should have their child be called a citizen and be allowed to stay and receive welfare on their behalf.

So why wouldn't I be excited to see the GOP utterly destroy the Clinton and Democratic propaganda machine and end the Clinton dynasty.  

I said many times that I was less concerned about Trump winning because of Congress.  It looks like the GOP will have 54 seats once Manchin joins the GOP.  Nothing is going to happen that is going to end the world.  I certainly have my reservations, but I'm proud that America said "fuck you" to special interests and the politically correct culture that has infested our collective minds.

if you don't think you said anything racist in referring to illegals and non-English speakers crawling back to where they came from, then re-read your own post.  You speak of them as animals, like a Dred Scott era justice.  And if calling out racist positions and policies as such comes with a cost, so be it.

No one said fuck you to special interests.  Look at Congress...same fuckin people.  Now, while I think Trump is a national embarrassment, I do hope he has success in dealing with special interests.  I don't want him to fail.  But I look at those he's rumored to be putting in the cabinet...Newt, with all of his zero foreign policy experience...Rudy, who went from moderate to loon in 16 short years. 

Speaking of rigged, Hillary's still winning the popular vote.  That two of the last three GOP successes have come AGAINST the will of the people should bother ANYONE who loves democracy.  If this had happened to Trump, do you think he would have conceded?  Not a fucking chance.

Anyway, after class today I had a Muslim AMERICAN student asking me whether she should fear for her safety.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3757 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

I think we had two bad choices. People knew exactly what they would get with Hillary and decided they would rather roll the dice and hope for the best.

#3758 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3759 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

Oh, we definitely had two bad choices, but for very different reasons I would argue.

On another note, a major traffic light was flashing red, there was a two-lane crash on the interstate, and the arm thingy at the parking garage wasn't working.  I blame Trump, though it could be Obama's final "fuck you".

By the way, for anyone who thinks Obama will go down as Carter II, you're missing a lot of stuff OTHER than Obamacare that happened in these years.  Some of it has a strong civil rights tone and I don't suspect that Trump or anyone else will touch it.

Sister burn the temple

#3760 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

Alright, I'll ask.  Biden in 2020?  Who else?  Bernie's getting pretty old...

Sister burn the temple

#3761 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

Alright, I'll ask.  Biden in 2020?  Who else?  Bernie's getting pretty old...

Biden would be a good candidate.  The Democrats need to avoid running a far left loon like Sanders or Warren.  Schumer could be another option, though I'm sure there is a popular Democratic governor that could swing in.  Trump had some fiery rhetoric, specially around immigration, but overall he's hardly a far right candidate.  Clinton boasted about being a moderate early on, but was calling herself a progressive by the end of the primaries.  

If they could end the primary season and force every state to vote on the same day like we do in the general, we wouldn't force candidates to cater to the extreme fringes of their party to get buy in.  It damages them and gets people arguing over inane shit to prove their credentials.

#3762 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

Nixon gave us the EPA.

#3763 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

I find the entire system to be pretty messed up, and not just because it sometimes disfavors my candidates.  From the electoral college, to party primaries, to the role of special interests, to the lack of third party success. 

To use Obamacare as an example, I agree that it has serious flaws (but also serious successes).  The major flaw, which may have been the proverbial straw in this election, is that premiums are rising.  Why?  Because one or two senators were able to kill off the most important piece of the bill that would have kept premiums in check, which was the public option.  I want to say it had something to do with Ben Nelson, but I can't remember for sure.  Anyway, if it's gutted completely, Trump will have to explain putting millions of people off insurance.  Some kid, who's 21 right now will be kicked off a parent's plan, get some sickness and die, and those parents will be able to look right into a camera in four  years and say "Mr. Trump, you killed my son/daughter."  As much as the GOP wants to roll back eight years of Democratic administrations, it carries a stiff price.  You can push policies.  You can gut Obama's policies.  But you don't have the capital to do both. 

I am curious to see how the Democratic minority in the Senate chooses to behave. 

Sister burn the temple

#3764 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:58 PM

I still can't get over those states he took. PA? Are you kidding me? That's nuts. But when thing I noticed in the last ten days of polling, almost all of those firewall state leads, fell into MOE. She had big solid leads 5-8+, but that last week they just vanished. I didn't know what to make of it, especially since I'd never seen that happen before and those states are consistently blue. Not pink...but BLUE. So in that sense, the polls were actually right. I just decided to ignore the swing states the last week because she had big leads prior.

The way it played out was very interesting. First few hours she's leading....its smooth sailing....media happy as pigs in shit. Then they were like "wait a minute....something is wrong..." That's when I got a bag of popcorn and watched history in the making. I knew he had won even when she was still technically leading in the EV count. The reaction on all media outlets said it all and when I saw those exit polls coming in, I called my aunt who is a huge Hillary supporter and spends her days whining about Trump on FB to tell her Rosie O Donnel just started singing.

Its time for the media to start calling this shit fair and square. Or start backing the candidate they hate as a jedi mind trick because the public is sick of being force fed a load of horse manure.

Flagg is right.....liberals need a new strategy. Labeling half the country as KKK members who burn crosses and hang strange fruit clearly doesn't work and played a role in getting us to this point. THey have no one to blame but themselves.

Anyway, after class today I had a Muslim AMERICAN student asking me whether she should fear for her safety.

As long as she acts normal she'll be ok.

If she starts in on #MuslimLivesMatter, pretends to be outraged over absolutely nothing, and wants tranny bathrooms on every street corner with glory holes pre-installed, I'd say buy a one way ticket  to  Icouldgiveafuckistan. :P

This was stupid to anyone watching her small rallies compared to Trumps yuge ones.

Another huge sign in hindsight and we pointed this out months ago. Trump had 50k people meeting him at airports and at Hillary's stops you could hear a mouse fart in the Andromeda galaxy.

She had troubles with minorities that should have been seen.

Yep. She couldn't even pull in the minority vote while practically running on a BLM platform and advocating no quotas on illegals flooding the border.

How did THAT happen?

Democrats have to stop pandering to minorites while branding the rest of us David Duke. If they refuse to, go ahead and give Trump a second term now and don't bother with another election.

I think the 93% of black deaths caused by other blacks is much more discussion worthy than the dozen or so who are questionably shot by police every year.

I've laughed at some of those exchanges on Evo. You will point out how terrible black crime is and that something needs to be done about it yet be called a racist because you care. Its seriously some ass backwards nonsense being thrown your way.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3765 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

I find the entire system to be pretty messed up, and not just because it sometimes disfavors my candidates.  From the electoral college, to party primaries, to the role of special interests, to the lack of third party success. 

To use Obamacare as an example, I agree that it has serious flaws (but also serious successes).  The major flaw, which may have been the proverbial straw in this election, is that premiums are rising.  Why?  Because one or two senators were able to kill off the most important piece of the bill that would have kept premiums in check, which was the public option.  I want to say it had something to do with Ben Nelson, but I can't remember for sure.  Anyway, if it's gutted completely, Trump will have to explain putting millions of people off insurance.  Some kid, who's 21 right now will be kicked off a parent's plan, get some sickness and die, and those parents will be able to look right into a camera in four  years and say "Mr. Trump, you killed my son/daughter."  As much as the GOP wants to roll back eight years of Democratic administrations, it carries a stiff price.  You can push policies.  You can gut Obama's policies.  But you don't have the capital to do both. 

I am curious to see how the Democratic minority in the Senate chooses to behave. 

I'm hoping Trump keeps the important parts like extending coverage under parents until 26 and preventing denials based on pre-existing conditions.  Maybe keep the individual mandate (I really think if you require companies to accept anyone, you have to require people to participate to make it solvent), but open up competition across state lines.  Remove all the requirements for specific procedures and birth control.  Not because I am against birth control, but if you can't afford a pack of condoms, you shouldn't be fucking.  I'd keep abortion in there, but I know the GOP will never let that happen.

Cut a deal with the DNC that will pass tort reform and put caps on prescription drug costs.  Every other country caps their prescriptions and law suits, so why can't we.  A heroin junkie shouldn't become a millionaire because her OB/GYN couldn't detect the birth defects when the mother skipped out on 80% of her appointments.  The current system allows this and my mother has to deal with it every day.  

But I'm really hoping the Democrats play ball.  They completely cut the GOP out in the first 2 years of Obama's presidency and used the nuclear option in the Senate (something the GOP didn't do in retaliation).  Come up with good ideas and realize that even if Trump lost the popular vote, the Republicans kicked ass in congress.  I want a nation that works together despite passionate, informed disagreements on the issues.  I think Ryan and McConnell are open to this and some of Trump's policy ideas aren't going to sell with the core GOP base.  He'll need democrats if he wants to pass major infrastructure bills.  

But if the DNC wants to pick a fight, reconciliation and the nuclear option can be wielded just as effectively from the GOP.  Balls in their court.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users