artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3767 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

The thing is that Trump's main guy, Bannon, wants to go to war with the GOP. He hates Paul Ryan, wants to oust him from his Speaker position. These guys aren't Republicans in the traditional sense, not by a long shot. They have their own vision of what the Republican party should look like and they are going to focus on that. Trump is another thing altogether. He's an opportunist who saw an opening and exploited it. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't believe half of what he says, but he'll sure as hell say it if it means he wins. So between the Alt Right and a president elect who I view as a con man, there is no way in hell they are going to come into office and sing Kumbaya with the Democrats, much less Republicans. This is an end to the GOP IMO. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3768 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

Good read. http://reason.com/bl...-political-corr

#3769 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

The GOP will evolve. The base lost faith with the establishment GOP. It started with the Tea Party.

#3770 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Good read. http://reason.com/bl...-political-corr

He provided one example of political correctness run amok. Again with the trans pronouns. I consider myself a normal guy, with a normal life, I never encounter this in real life. I read about it, see videos on youtube, but have yet to experience this. Not once has anybody scolded me for my choice of words...ever. 

What other PC issues are we to believe drove Americans so bonkers they felt the need to vote for Trump?

I find this argument flimsy at best. 

#3771 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

This could be the usual switch after 8 years of the incumbent party and the electorate having grown tired of their issues and their approaches.

#3772 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

And Lena Dunham does not help a cause.

#3773 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

And Lena Dunham does not help a cause.

Why do people hate her so much again? I don't follow anything about her. 

#3774 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

She was portrayed as the new modern enlightened millennial that we all should embrace. She just seems like any celebrity who wades into politics. The young person' Cher or Joy Behar.

#3775 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

She was portrayed as the new modern enlightened millennial that we all should embrace. She just seems like any celebrity who wades into politics. The young person' Cher or Joy Behar.

Not just that, but she's abrasive, loud and unattractive.  I watch Girls just as I watched Sex In The City because it's a cultural force.  They had an episode this season where the only over 30 guy walks into a coffee shop and is ridiculed because he doesn't understand the latest acceptable pro-noun.  She portrays her character as a hero after she sleeps around with married men, gets into relationships just to get shit, and uses her sex to get out of problems by pulling a Sharon Stone ala Basic Instinct to silence the angry principal who didn't think she should be teaching 8th grade student advanced sexual techniques.  Howard Stern even commented on this, on how no one wants to see a fat, unattractive women bare it all.  I'm 30-40 pounds overweight.  No one wants to see my hairy, fat ass dancing around on camera naked either.  But anyone who said Lena was unattractive was attacked for body shaming. 

Then there was the whole fake rape claims she made in her book that were proven to be bullshit once investigated.  She was questioned on a panel with Apatow on some of the philosophical inconsistencies she has made, and immediately lashed out at the questioner, calling him a misogynist.  

In short, she's an entitled little shit who has no real life experience.  Yet we're attacked for being a bigot if we even question some of the nonsense she's spoken.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3776 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:21 PM

I guess the next question is, assuming this is all accurate, why do the right wing types get so worked up over some stupid actress? Who gives a shit?

#3777 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

I guess I'm really out of the loop and must now question my liberal bonafides. I'm not up on the pronoun thing, don't understand what "triggered" means, don't know which actresses to side with... :blink:  :unsure:

#3778 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

The clicks for cash 24/7 news cycle pushes things out to people more. You can't escape the click bait outrage of the day.

#3779 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

The clicks for cash 24/7 news cycle pushes things out to people more. You can't escape the click bait outrage of the day.

I agree. 

#3780 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

The base lost faith with the establishment GOP. It started with the Tea Party.

It started with the neocons hijacking the republican party. That was the first domino.

I think both parties are in big trouble.

I consider myself a normal guy, with a normal life, I never encounter this in real life. I read about it, see videos on youtube, but have yet to experience this. Not once has anybody scolded me for my choice of words...ever.

I'm in the same boat. It doesn't hit me to such a personal extent. I do have a lesbo cousin that's one of these deplorable SJWs and her stances make me want to vomit but other than that, I only encounter all this shit on TV or the internet. THis means one of two things....

Many others are dealing with it

Its a non issue being forced on the public at large

Either way, it has to stop.....NOW.

The tranny bathrooms were on their way so there is definitely some fire underneath that smoke. As far as the pronouns go, I still cant believe any of that was ever pushed.

Praise Jesus for Trump....

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users