4463 replies to this topic

#4051 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

I don't get the obsession with having A listers at an inauguration. It's absurd that we should care what people who we pay to sing and dance to keep us entertained, think about politics. It's great when they lend their name to a cause they actually get involved with to bring attention. But why should any of us care what Beyoncé or Garth Brooks think about the person in the White House?

This "boycot Trump" needs to end. Obama gave a good speech yesterday and in it he advised Trump not to toss aside the institutions and traditions that have defined our government. Meanwhile a Senator decides to testify against a colleague for the first time ever for no other reason than he wants camera time. And we're up to 26 Democrats skipping the inauguration.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#4052 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

Oh, and I wouldn't be caught dead at Applebee's.

Really? It always looks pretty good on the American commercials we get here in Canada :ph34r:

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#4053 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

Really? It always looks pretty good on the American commercials we get here in Canada :ph34r:

Well, a few reasons.  First, I went to college in a small town and they had very few restaurants...of course Applebees was one.  So I got burnt out pretty bad.  But they do suck...I've had more burned food there than at all other restaurants combined.

Second, the food has gotten worse.  It used to be tolerable, but it's the only restaurant I've been to where I thought the food actually needed salt.  Everywhere is oversalted...Applebee's had no flavor.  Weird.

The last time I went there was because we got a gift card for Christmas...all the good, local places around here and someone says "Here, Applebees is on me!"   Well, fuck you too buddy!  That gift card sat in my wife's purse for about two years before we used it.  We went on a night when we didn't have the kids, but I had a cold, so I couldn't taste it.  

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4054 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

I don't get the obsession with having A listers at an inauguration. It's absurd that we should care what people who we pay to sing and dance to keep us entertained, think about politics. It's great when they lend their name to a cause they actually get involved with to bring attention. But why should any of us care what Beyoncé or Garth Brooks think about the person in the White House?

This "boycot Trump" needs to end. Obama gave a good speech yesterday and in it he advised Trump not to toss aside the institutions and traditions that have defined our government. Meanwhile a Senator decides to testify against a colleague for the first time ever for no other reason than he wants camera time. And we're up to 26 Democrats skipping the inauguration.

It speaks volumes of the polarizing nature of Trump that not even a tribute band - basically a fake band - want any part of this circus. I don't recall Raygun or either Bush encountering extreme difficulty in persuading artists and entertainers to come out for their inaugurations. Could it be none of those presidents gloated about grabbing women by their genitals?

Well, a few reasons.  First, I went to college in a small town and they had very few restaurants...of course Applebees was one.  So I got burnt out pretty bad.  But they do suck...I've had more burned food there than at all other restaurants combined.

Second, the food has gotten worse.  It used to be tolerable, but it's the only restaurant I've been to where I thought the food actually needed salt.  Everywhere is oversalted...Applebee's had no flavor.  Weird.

The last time I went there was because we got a gift card for Christmas...all the good, local places around here and someone says "Here, Applebees is on me!"   Well, fuck you too buddy!  That gift card sat in my wife's purse for about two years before we used it.  We went on a night when we didn't have the kids, but I had a cold, so I couldn't taste it.  

Damn, that sucks :(

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#4055 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Personally I think if they repeal immediately they could crash the economy and stock market. Although any transition is going to be messy IMO. 

Last I read the GOP wanted to hand out vouchers. I had seen Trump say that everybody should have healthcare before. So I'm curious where this goes. If we ended up with Trump as President, and a single payer program approved with a GOP Congress...then I'd accept Jesus as  my lord and savior. Nothing would be real anymore. 

http://www.thedailyb...&source=copyurl

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) on Tuesday released dire estimates on how repealing parts of the Affordable Care Act, without a proper replacement, would affect Americans’ health-insurance coverage. According to the study, repealing the law’s mandate penalties and subsidies would result in 18 million more uninsured people in the first new plan year following repeal. “Later, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid eligibility and of subsidies for insurance purchased through the ACA marketplaces, that number would increase to 27 million, and then to 32 million in 2026,” the study continued. Additionally, health-care premiums for all U.S. customers would increase by 20 percent to 25 percent in the first year, with the increase reaching about 50 percent after the elimination of the Medicaid expansion and the subsidies. The estimates were based on the 2015 ACA repeal bill proposed by Republicans, as the GOP has yet to introduce new legislation for the current Congress. President-elect Donald Trump has demanded a repeal of Obamacare and the introduction of a replacement “quickly,” despite hesitance from party leaders over the speed at which such a feat can be accomplished.

#4056 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

Applebees suck. Also, most importantly not nearly enough flare!!!

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4057 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

Do you want to be the kind of person who does the minimum?  Hmm?

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4058 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

http://www.nbcnews.c...ft-in-the-lurch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#4059 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

http://www.dailywire...poCVVtM.twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#4060 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

#4061 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Obama leaves office with a 60% approval rating while Trump heads into office with a 40% approval rating; lower than post-Katrina Bush.

#4062 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

I'm spending the next four years in a drunken stupor.

#4063 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

http://m.rasmussenre...trump_favorably

Bad poll or does Trump have a 52% favorability rating?
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#4064 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

http://m.rasmussenre...trump_favorably

Bad poll or does Trump have a 52% favorability rating?

Well I think we know that Rasmussen leans right and always has. If it makes you feel better than that's all that matters, I'm sure Trump will be happy. 

#4065 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

Its The End Of The World-Great Big Sea - YouTube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users