#76 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

That's always the trick though. Keeping all the pieces of your coalition together. If the GOP gets one or both houses, they will need to show the 'merican public that they are different than the group that was shown the door. The rabble-rousing Tea Party will want to change things but will find it difficult. The establishment GOP will want to maintain their gig and know they have to keep the Tea Party guys eyes on the big picture. Is the GOP leadership able to pull this off? It is a given that with Obama still able to veto stuff that the GOP won't have too much room to work in. So the race will be on to assign blame as to why nothing substantial gets done from now to 2012. If the GOP wins that fight then Obama will really be Carter 2.0. If Obama wins then he will be Clintonesque and reelected. Should be interesting. I prefer gridlock myself as government seems to work better when neither party controls everything.

The Tea Party thinks they want something that they probably don't actually want, and the GOP won't give them anyway. Anger only takes you so far, but the question is how long you can direct the anger at the other side until you see that your side is no different.
Show me your dragon magic

#77 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

It will be fun watching them once they get in office. Especially when they are forced to raise the debt ceiling yet again, or when they aren't able to make the ambiguous "cuts" they are promising. Did anybody catch Reagan's old tax guy on 60 minutes last night? In a nutshell he said it pained him to say it ,but the GOP's "lower taxes" mantra was unrealistic and narrow minded. He talked about "kicking the can down the road" as we have for about three decades now, unwilling to tell the American public that raising taxes is the only way we're going to be able to sustain our way of life without going bankrupt. It's true though, Americans want a certain lifestyle but don't want to pay for it. Much like how they tend to their personal finances once I think about it.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#78 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

It will be fun watching them once they get in office. Especially when they are forced to raise the debt ceiling yet again, or when they aren't able to make the ambiguous "cuts" they are promising.

It's amazing that they don't understand that tax cuts increase deficits.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#79 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

It will be fun watching them once they get in office. Especially when they are forced to raise the debt ceiling yet again, or when they aren't able to make the ambiguous "cuts" they are promising.

It's amazing that they don't understand that tax cuts increase deficits.

Nothing amazes me any more. Goebbels was right.
Show me your dragon magic

#80 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

HA! Christine O'Witch just said, in her concession, that she worries about the top 2% of earners having to shut down their businesses. If your business is doing well enough that you can take a salary to put you in the top 2% then I'd hope to God that you'd be willing to take a pay cut before shutting down in a recession.
Sister burn the temple

#81 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Some of these Senate races are amazingly close.

#82 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

The GOP might squeak by with narrow wins in Illinois and Pennsylvania. These seats will not last for them, ESPECIALLY if these Senators act in concert with the radical right. Pennsylvania already did away with that in getting rid of Rick Santorum, and it just won't fly in Illinois.
Sister burn the temple

#83 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

Can't wait until they are forced to raise the debt ceiling and then blame that on the Dems....Posted Image

If Reid wins in Nevada, that will be the shocker of the night unless Sestak pulls it out too.

#84 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

HA! Christine O'Witch just said, in her concession, that she worries about the top 2% of earners having to shut down their businesses. If your business is doing well enough that you can take a salary to put you in the top 2% then I'd hope to God that you'd be willing to take a pay cut before shutting down in a recession.

I was watching Ed Shultz on MSNBC reporting from Vegas. He's waiting for the Reid campaign to roll in and he says to Chris Matthews, "You're not going to believe this, but right on the other side of that way is the Tea Party and I just saw Joe The Plumber walk by." haha, too funny.

And 27% for Alvin Greene in SC, that's just fucking embarrassing for the Dems. I'd prefer that he had no votes than 27 points!

#85 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

Joe the fuckin' Plumber. Hows about you n' me support Dems in 2012 as Mario and Luigi the Plumbers. We could go to our catchphrase..."There's a nasty clog in the House of Representatives." Did anyone see Boehner start crying while preaching personal responsibility and talking about his ELEVEN siblings (certainly didn't learn responsibility from his parents contraception purchasing habits!)?
Sister burn the temple

#86 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

The speech was so cliche "Going to reduce the size of government....stop the crazy spending....this win is for the American people." boo hoo hoo

#87 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone talk about reducing the deficit AND cutting taxes. The cognitive dissonance required to be an American voter is simply amazing.
Sister burn the temple

#88 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

IN O'Donnell's concession speech, she kept calling people up to the stage and not a damned one wanted to come up. Did anyone else notice that Paladino made veiled threats toward his opponent with a baseball bat? Damn these people are wacky.
Sister burn the temple

#89 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

I wonder if people would get it if they heard it this way: "We are going to reduce your household income by 500/month and then raise your housing costs by 300/month, sounds like a great deal doesn't it?"

Reid wins!

IN O'Donnell's concession speech, she kept calling people up to the stage and not a damned one wanted to come up.

Did anyone else notice that Paladino made veiled threats toward his opponent with a baseball bat? Damn these people are wacky.

I couldn't tell if it was a bat or a plastic light saber...I think Ed Schultz's head is about to explode.

#90 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

I'm constantly amazed that Ed's head doesn't just pop.
Sister burn the temple

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users