#31 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Anyone else notice that the people protesting Wisconsin are trying to "stifle discussion" while any protest associated with the Tea Party is patriotic and democratic discourse? All the lies in our politics have got me so fucking disgusted. I can't tell you how many people, whether Walker or others, I've heard parroting that line this past week.

Also, I love how the governor keeps pointing out that this law will apply to him as a public employee, as if a governor, a single individual by definition, can collectively bargain.

The guy is a jerk, plain & simple. To not even ATTEMPT to negotiate w/the dems is despicable. What kind of fucker still says no to ANY changes even with the unions conceding to the pension raises & all that? I couldn't be more disgusted w/him & I couldn't be more disgusted w/his supporters who have turned out to be the shitheads that I always knew they were. Screw them & their double-standards.

I am so happy I didn't vote for him, so happy. I've still got my morals.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#32 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

wedjet: How are the people in the general public there in WI reacting to the protests? Are they supportive? Are they pretty much split in their support or are most people condemning them? considering the state's history with labor unions, I think I can guess but you're at ground zero so to speak.............

#33 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

wedjet: How are the people in the general public there in WI reacting to the protects? Are they supportive? Are they pretty much split in their support or are most people condemning them? considering the state's history with labor unions, I think I can guess but you're at ground zero so to speak.............

You'd think w/our blue collar roots that there'd be total support. Not true. While most people I speak to, read about, etc. are fully in support of the protests, there are still some out there like my parents (!) who don't support it. All I have to say about that is shut it. All I hear is "obviously the teachers don't care about their kids if they're closing the schools down", "unions are bullies!!!!", "public employees are lazy good for nothings who want everything handed to them on a silver platter", "this protest is illegal" (I can't figure out where that one comes from), & the list goes on. But most people think Walker is a douche nozzle. What's interesting is that the fire folks have come out in support of the protest & are protesting right along w/everyone else. Interesting because they & the police are not even affected by this dictator bill, which I suspect is because they threw their support to Walker during his campaign. Now, knowing Walker pulled this out of his butt & shows no sign of compromising, they're probably seeing the light & are scared that he's going to turn around & include them in this. Maybe they should of thought of that before they supported the son of a bitch.

#34 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

wedjet: How are the people in the general public there in WI reacting to the protects? Are they supportive? Are they pretty much split in their support or are most people condemning them? considering the state's history with labor unions, I think I can guess but you're at ground zero so to speak.............

You'd think w/our blue collar roots that there'd be total support. Not true. While most people I speak to, read about, etc. are fully in support of the protests, there are still some out there like my parents (!) who don't support it. All I have to say about that is shut it. All I hear is "obviously the teachers don't care about their kids if they're closing the schools down", "unions are bullies!!!!", "public employees are lazy good for nothings who want everything handed to them on a silver platter", "this protest is illegal" (I can't figure out where that one comes from), & the list goes on. But most people think Walker is a douche nozzle. What's interesting is that the fire folks have come out in support of the protest & are protesting right along w/everyone else. Interesting because they & the police are not even affected by this dictator bill, which I suspect is because they threw their support to Walker during his campaign. Now, knowing Walker pulled this out of his butt & shows no sign of compromising, they're probably seeing the light & are scared that he's going to turn around & include them in this. Maybe they should of thought of that before they supported the son of a bitch.

Thanks for the reply. The fire and police probably figured it out that they'll be next to have their bargaining rights taken away if Walker gets his way with the teachers.

#35 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. The fire and police probably figured it out that they'll be next to have their bargaining rights taken away if Walker gets his way with the teachers.

That's exactly it.

#36 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Not mine, but worth sharing:

Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or10 months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - babysit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan-- that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE....

That's $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute -- there's something wrong here!

There sure is!

The average teacher's salary (nation wide) is $50,000. $50,000 for 180 days

= $277.77/per day/30 students

=$9.25/6.5 hours

= $1.42 per hour per student

A very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!!

#37 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

That's a great break-down Zimbochick. My niece and her husband are teachers and they also spend their own money buying supplies for kids who can't afford them, even clothing and shoes for some students they've had over the years. They also have taken teaching related classes and seminars in the summers on their own dimes. For every bad teacher out there I'm sure there are dozens of others who are dedicated to their profession.

#38 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, I saw that on facebook Zimbo, pretty funny, hey?

#39 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Tell me this turd isn't a bully...

http://www.todaystmj.../116649389.html

Threatening layoffs if he doesn't get his way. Can we get this guy out of the governor's office, please!

#40 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Walker is a douchenozzle for sure, but I'm pretty sure Gadaffi is going to be the daily winner as long as he retains power. Apparently he has warships shelling Benghazi right now.
Show me your dragon magic

#41 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Walker is a douchenozzle for sure, but I'm pretty sure Gadaffi is going to be the daily winner as long as he retains power. Apparently he has warships shelling Benghazi right now.

Oh yeah, he's a total dick too.

#42 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

Well well, how interesting, no? How slick of him, and how obvious. What happened to competition that repubs love so much? No competition for the Koch's, despite the "may or may not solicit bids" as we all know who's getting the business. What a fricking joke!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

http://www.todaystmj.../116633848.html

#43 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

http://motherjones.c...nsin-protesters

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.
Show me your dragon magic

#44 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.

Idiot. If you don't know the facts, then please just shut up. Everyone has been pleasantly surprised that these protests have been totally peaceful, on both sides. I don't think they've even had one arrest yet. With that amount of people, that amount of contention & for this long, that is a heck of a feat.

#45 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

Live annunciation? It's scary that there are people holding elected offices that think that way. What we don't need is another Kent State. Haven't we learned anything since those days?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users