#2191 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

Well, Randall...

AC/DC is a far better band than Guns & Roses has ever or will ever be. If people go see AC/DC to see Axl they are idiots. I cannot stress that enough. By that logic, you could say Bret Michaels should be the new AC/DC frontman. Sure, lots of white trash fools will show up and demand he sing "Talk Dirty to Me".......at which point Angus will beat him to a pulp with his guitar.

Something like that will probably happen with Axl at the helm.

#2192 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

I love AC\DC.  One of my favorite bands and I was lucky to see them play with Johnson last August in NYC.  That being said, to claim they're "better" than GN'R goes far beyond the typical personal taste in music.  At their peak, GN'R was the biggest band in the world, something AC\DC can't say.  Appetite has sold more copies than any other debut album by any other band.  Guns is touring 26 stadiums this summer while AC\DC was only able to do 8 last year.

I don't want to get in a pissing contest over which band is more badass, but comparing GN'R to a shit band like Poison are fighting words.  :D

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#2193 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Randall,

AC/DC, especially with Bon Scott, was a band that a sane person with two working ears simply cannot compare to Guns & Roses. Yes, it is a matter of taste. I have it while someone who lacks it would bring up record sales and mass popularity to somehow attempt to claim Guns & Roses was on the same level as AC/DC. No offense because I actually like you.

Sincerely,

BRAINS

#2194 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Haha, I actually prefer them with Brian Johnson. So now you'll definitely want to kill me.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#2195 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

GNR and AC/DC are my two favorite bands.  This is like watching my parents fight.

Anyway, Tom Keifer for the win!

Y'all can meet me for a drink over in the Cinderella appreciation thread.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#2196 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

Randall,

AC/DC, especially with Bon Scott, was a band that a sane person with two working ears simply cannot compare to Guns & Roses. Yes, it is a matter of taste. I have it while someone who lacks it would bring up record sales and mass popularity to somehow attempt to claim Guns & Roses was on the same level as AC/DC. No offense because I actually like you.

Sincerely,

BRAINS

Or one could bring up the fact that AC/DC can't write a decent ballad to save their lives or something even remotely progressive like Coma, Civil War, Breakdown, or Locomotive from the Use Your Illusion albums.. That's not even getting into the matter of their by and large juvenile lyrics..

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2197 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

If AC/DC wrote a ballad, I would do whatever it took to be in the first row of their performance of it to throw rotten tomatoes at the entire band. Fortunately, they will not do that because they know their strengths and deliver the goods people want. I don't know anyone who wants AC/DC to roll out a piano and candelabra and muddle their way through some sappy-ass ballad. It would like asking Blackie Lawless to write an empowerment ballad for the National Organization for Women.

If AC/DC wrote an intellectual opus, I would have no objection as long as it sounded like AC/DC and mentioned fucking women by the second verse. But again, I don't look to AC/DC for such things.

#2198 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:45 PM

Submitted without comment:

Sister burn the temple

#2199 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

by and large juvenile lyrics..

How dare you sir!  Crabsody in Blue educated us all to the dangers of pubic lice!

Sister burn the temple

#2200 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

G----A-----Y

Hate that song in the video you posted...and a few others by the band unfortunately. The point is they aren't famous for turds like that. :D

#2201 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:24 PM

G----A-----Y

Hate that song in the video you posted...and a few others by the band unfortunately. The point is they aren't famous for turds like that. :D

Love song?  Yeah, not one of their best.  I prefer their songs where the seat gets moist (and it wasn't Coca Cola).

Sister burn the temple

#2202 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

^

Funny you should allude to that song. "Little Lover" is something Axl will not be able to perform well.

Ahhh...full circle: reasons why Axl will suck with AC/DC. :D

#2203 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

Was Brian performing that song?  I only saw them once, but it doesn't stand out as one they played.  I think Axl will do best with the louder, anthemic stuff they did with Brian.  The Bon stuff that Brian could do well (again, usually louder, heavier), Axl will do fine with too.  "Little Lover" isn't on either of those lists. 

A recent setlist is 60% Brian Johnson era, with the "softest" Bon song being TNT or Dirty Deeds.  They aren't even playing "The Jack", which Brian always seemed to enjoy, from the Bon era.

Sister burn the temple

#2204 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

Best AC/DC love ballad is "Let Me Put My Love Into You." 

"Let me put my love into you babe
Let me cut your cake with my knife"

This is the most romantic line ever written.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#2205 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

Tupac wrote "Mama told me not to stop until I bust a nut."  Words I hope my wife imparts to my son, someday.

Sister burn the temple

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users