2550 replies to this topic

#2221 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

So, DJ says he was asked to be a part of this tour but declined? What the actual fuck..

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2222 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

So, DJ says he was asked to be a part of this tour but declined? What the actual fuck..

What role would he have played? Rhythm guitar? That'd be a step down. He's obviously not going to play lead against Slash and I don't know if he could do the parts Ron and Bucket played. I don't want to call the man a liar, but this doesn't add up.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#2223 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

What role would he have played? Rhythm guitar? That'd be a step down. He's obviously not going to play lead against Slash and I don't know if he could do the parts Ron and Bucket played. I don't want to call the man a liar, but this doesn't add up.

Yea, I thought it sounded like BS too. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2224 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

Said it before, say it again...best time to be a GNR fan since 1991. I'm glad the younger segment of the hardcore fans who only experienced the CD years get to see what its like with GNR getting mainstream attention and selling out stadiums instead of canceling or being forced to perform in half empty arenas.

He's going to kick so much ass with AC/DC.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2225 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:20 AM

Holy shit, this guy is nuts:: 

#2226 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

Not much to it, but still cool.      AC/DC and Axl Rose Appear Together for the First Time in New Promotional Video

#2227 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:19 AM

Attached Files

#2228 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

Axl fuckin' owned it...

#2229 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

This whole comeback is unreal. I'm almost speechless. He's the lead singer for the two biggest rock bands on the planet now and is blowing everyone away. It's like he has channeled his prime somehow. Everything we've seen this year from Axl in GNR and AC/DC is everything that was missing 1999-2014.

I gotta listen to the whole show tonight. I hope he juggles both AC/DC and GNR. Angus needs to start talking to him about an album. I think he'll do it. He said he'd like to continue.

The Axl of old is finally back. Took long enough. Just had to put new GNR out of its misery for him to come out of hibernation.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2230 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:35 PM

This whole comeback is unreal. I'm almost speechless. He's the lead singer for the two biggest rock bands on the planet now and is blowing everyone away. It's like he has channeled his prime somehow. Everything we've seen this year from Axl in GNR and AC/DC is everything that was missing 1999-2014.

I gotta listen to the whole show tonight. I hope he juggles both AC/DC and GNR. Angus needs to start talking to him about an album. I think he'll do it. He said he'd like to continue.

The Axl of old is finally back. Took long enough. Just had to put new GNR out of its misery for him to come out of hibernation.

Agree 100%. 

I'm seeing a lot of people in the comment section saying they take back everything they said, and that he did a great job. 

The only way it could be better is if he was able to stand...which is a couple of weeks away. 

#2231 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:46 PM

AC/DC review – Axl Rose brings menace as rock legends pull off a triumph  5/5

The Guns N’ Roses singer might have been confined to a ‘throne’, but he delivered a masterly first appearance fronting AC/DC

AC/DC couldn’t really have handled the departure of their singer Brian Johnson much worse – a curt statement on their website announcing he could no longer tour owing to hearing loss, and their intention to continue with a stand-in – short of announcing a compulsory redundancy programme for all Florida-resident geordies with a penchant for caps. Their fanbase, normally unquestioningly loyal, reacted with unexpected irritation: refunds for upcoming shows were demanded (and given), and many – me included – questioned whether they should continue at all.

When they announced that Johnson’s short-term replacement would be Guns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose – a man for whom reliability is not a byword – eyebrows were further raised. Given AC/DC’s legendary efficiency, and Rose’s equally legendary tardiness in taking the stage, it seemed like it could be a case of the irresistible force meeting the immovable object. And then Rose broke a metatarsal, meaning he would be chairbound on stage. AC/DC, a band who care what people think of them rather less than anyone except, perhaps, Donald Trump, evidently decided in the wake of all these disasters that they needed to win people back. And so, for this first show with Rose, writers – the Guardian included – have been flown in to Portugal as the band attempt to prove they are still a worthwhile concern, even with guitarist Angus Young and bassist Cliff Williams the only remaining core members.

Rose’s arrival makes this show the first AC/DC gig in years – certainly since Johnson replaced the late Bon Scott in 1980 – at which no one knows exactly what to expect. Its triumph is that it does do exactly what one would expect, but rather better than one had dared hope for. Rose being confined to his throne on casters – he looks for all the world like a hard rock Davros – is a rare downside to his performance.

The triumph lies in the renditions of the songs AC/DC wrote and recorded when Bon Scott was still alive. Whereas the Johnson era material tended towards boozy bonhomie, Scott was often a malevolently misanthropic writer and singer, concealing a slightly terrifying rage behind apparent good humour. Rose, who is familiar with both malevolence and misanthropy, delivers those songs perfectly, giving them fresh menace. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap loses its cartoonish aspect, and becomes the barroom chatter of a psychopath; he introduces Shot Down in Flames as “the story of my life” and convinces you it’s true. His voice, too, is brilliant: no matter how high, every note is hit, and sustained. And he keeps it up for two hours.

He seems more relaxed on the Scott songs, perhaps because of the manner of his replacing Johnson. Johnson’s songs are delivered just fine, but there’s a slight sense he’s being a little too reverent. He’s spoken of wanting to do justice to Johnson’s work, and maybe he’s concerned with not imprinting his own personality over the songs. That’s true, too, of his rapport with the crowd. Johnson was unfailingly good humoured – not much of an anecdote teller, but ready to rouse the rabble. Rose confines himself to a few softly spoken words between songs and a few all-but-inaudible thank yous afterwards. For this show, with this much at stake, you expect him to be the cheerleader for AC/DC, but he refuses to take the role.

Nevertheless, he compensates for the sometimes erratic sound – a fierce wind blowing off the Tagus following a day of horrendous rain bashes the music hither and thither – and perhaps even inadvertently outshines Young, who sounds a tiny bit approximate in the fiddly intro to Thunderstruck. For AC/DC Kremlinologists, though, the telling moments come with the incorporation of two songs from the 1978 album Powerage that been out of live circulation for a long while, Rock’n’Roll Damnation and a thrillingly brutal Riff Raff. “I never shot nobody / Don’t even carry a gun,” Rose snarls, with complete conviction. “I ain’t done nothing wrong / Just having fun.”

Carry on like this, and those wondering whether AC/DC are still worth going to see this summer should have no worries: they, too, will be having fun.

#2232 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

Angus needs to start talking to him about an album. I think he'll do it. He said he'd like to continue.

That would be awesome.  I was really skeptical about all of this, but I'm really impressed.  Rock or Bust was pretty weak but Black Ice was good...AC/DC's a pretty hit or miss band with their albums.  But the first real, fresh infusion of energy and creative talent could be great for an album.  I wonder how many songs Axl's pushed aside over the years, not wanting Guns to sound too much like AC/DC. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#2233 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

Will be the one and only time I compare Soundgarden to AC/DC, but both bands approach albums a bit similar in the fact that they do them very quickly. Once they go into the studio they basically don't leave until its ready to go. I think Angus does most(all?) of the writing now and he's not stupid...he knows Axl gives them a secret ingredient that the AC/DC dynamic has always lacked. On the other hand, he might just want to write everything himself and for Axl to "shut up and sing". Axl is capable of giving them a hand in the writing or just laying down vocals like he did with Baz.

Either way, he gets a free pass on the laziness of the Chinese years. He clearly didn't give a rat's patootie about that situation for the past decade so I wont hold him to such poor standards. He wrapped up 90% of the vocals on CD I and II in one week in 2001 and did the rest in late 2006.

In a situation where he actually cares and is motivated, he is capable of laying tracks down Cornell style which he himself did in 2001. This time he'll have a label begging to release it instead of reject it....real GNR is back and an AC/DC album would be pure gravy.

I have a feeling Angus might want some easy money....record a new hits album with Axl on vocals. Axl could do that in a week, two weeks tops. Throw that in Wal Mart and watch it go multi platinum. Let Slash and Duff play with his Chinese leftovers if they're really good enough for release or just let the new GNR lineup record tracks while he's busy with the AC/DC tour and when he comes back, record the vocals for it during GNR's summer tour.

He's so good right now that he could toss all that Chinese stuff as if it never existed and start from scratch. We all know those Chinese vocals had plenty of room for improvement and he sounds better live right now than he does on most of that album and he was 39 when he did those takes.

Axl said he wants to keep going if they want him. AC/DC does albums for its tours. Either way, GNR fans will get a new album with Axl whether its GNR, AC/DC, or both.

2017 is going to be amazing....even more amazing than this year.

1997-2015 was just a long nightmare. That one album was not worth wasting his career on. Hell, throw in CD II and its not worth it either. We are now seeing everything we missed out on and its only begun. Some fans have pointed out how intense he is on the AC/DC material but isn't on the GNR shows. I think he's on fire in both but he hasn't been performing AC/DC songs in his sleep for 10+ years. Go watch ANY show from the past few CD tours and compare it to now. He is bored to death.

Some fans are trying to figure out new ways to complain since they've run out of legitimate things to complain about. Its funny. Only serious complaint is that new GNR even had to exist in the first place. He lost his fire early in that saga. He should've called it a day when the label rejected the album again. Some fans would say "but Fortus was a secret weapon" or "Bucket owned the Nightrain solo" "we'd miss out on Finck's great 'interpretations' of the classics". Fuck that. I'll take 4 or 5 GNR albums that never got to exist because of that instead.

Look at this...

Its less exciting than watching my grandma make a pan of sausage gravy.

It amazes me that anyone even bothered to pretend that was a good lineup and that they should record new material. Axl told you all you needed to know about that lineup by how many songs he recorded with them. This lineup exists only because of the Azoff lawsuit and to keep steady money rolling in to pay everybody. Yet some claim they are "on fire". That lineup is a chore to watch. They should be paying US to view that shit. That lineup existed longer than the 87-93 era. Thanks for your contributions to the legacy!

Here's how you play that song....

Pitman has the nerve to shit on this lineup. Is it because they can play the songs better than the lineup(s) he was a member of? Is he mad because we're no longer forced to endure a shitty lineup? We'll dedicate this next song to Mother Goose...

-Adolf Hitler

#2234 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

-Adolf Hitler

#2235 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:58 AM

Great post. 

Gawd I hope that first 50 seconds of better (2016) is from a new song...it's so bad ass, and so very classic GnR. 

I was thinking today how funny it was that Axl's biggest comeback involves him fronting two bands and still not releasing any new music, haha. Him fronting AC/DC is almost like getting new  music to me. I can't believe how pumped I am for that. He just elevates the songs IMO. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users