2550 replies to this topic

#2251 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2252 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

I've been giving them a free pass on no promo. That free pass is about to expire. The added dates aren't selling. 5k in Boston, same or less in NY and Chicago....they got a bit too ambitious with the tour. They're gonna have to groupon or paper the hell out of some of these stadiums. Or cancellations.

It's on the verge of turning into a non story. Slash and Duff should be pounding the pavement while Axl is busy with AC/DC. Drop a single. Anything.

They had so much momentum right off the bat simply due to the fact it was happening.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2253 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:23 AM

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose is trying to get a 'fat photo' off the Internet
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2254 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:43 AM

Is it me, or does mid-life bloat only seem to happen to lead singers? 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#2255 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2256 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

Sounds good.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#2257 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

Is it me, or does mid-life bloat only seem to happen to lead singers? 

No, it's happened to me, too.

#2258 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

I think this shows that if Axl is excited about something, he's going to dig in and give it his all. I think the preceding years he must have been more apathetic with the current incarnation of GnR. My guess anyway. 

#2259 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:54 AM

I think this shows that if Axl is excited about something, he's going to dig in and give it his all. I think the preceding years he must have been more apathetic with the current incarnation of GnR. My guess anyway. 

Yeah there's absolutely no doubt any longer that not even the tiniest of shits and no fucks were given for new GNR looooooong before it was handed a mercy killing in Vegas.

He gave some solid performances here and there but it was pretty much over as a viable entity after 2002. Its why nothing new was ever brought to the table. The later tours were just half baked nostalgia to keep spme money rolling in and to pretend every now and then there was a reason for new GNR's existence.

He was into GNR 87-93. He was into GNR 1999-01. Cracks started to appear in 2002 and this is when we heard the vomit inducing rants, album rejected, and then years of nothing. The guy wound up running in place for ten years and wasted a huge chunk of his career.

He's happy again. He's confident. He knows the whole world cares about him again. Haters are running out of things to hate on.

The only thing lacking is new material and we're more than likely going to get that next year.

I cant wait to hear his full interview from today. He mentioned adding Coma because Slash and the fans wanted it. Also mentioned their enjoyment of playing CD songs which hopefully means the best songs from those sessions wont stay buried. We already know Slash and Duff are capable of improving CD songs. Let them improve a few more.

https://www.instagra...y=howsgrachelle

On HTGTH Fernando posted....

"You never know what we will do next."

In the CD years such a statement would have been laughed at. In 2016, you take it seriously. The last time we had a GNR lineup with Axl, Slash, and Duff in it, literally anything could happen.

I think the next few years are going to be incredible.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2260 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

I agree 100%. I also think in some strange way, Axl is getting the last laugh here. He's had a lot of hate over the years (some justified, most not), and he milked the GnR name until even peeps like me were worn out. But then suddenly the old guys are back together, he's fronting AC/DC (which has to be a thrill for him) and he sounds badass again. Never would have guessed this in a million years. 

#2261 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

Looks like they are working on new music. 

Full interview: 

#2262 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

That interview is incredible. I'm glad he admitted that a reunion was always on the table but the timing was never right and I also think his harsh remarks over the years(and some from Slash) painted them into a corner and dragged it out too damn long. A lot of new GNR fans, specifically those who claimed to hate old GNR, have been eating tons of crow this year and are gagging on it when the man himself makes these comments.

On the other hand, new GNR fans like AMM have reasons to be excited.....CD II is clearly in play. Look at the wording of his comments about new material...

" I do want to put out more music with Guns N’ Roses, and I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not. … If he wants to play on something, that would be great."

Basically Slash is going to get to record on CD II.....thus the "new material". THis means Bucket, Finck, and Ron/Ashba will likely be removed but in 2016 and beyond I don't care. I'll take it. Slash can do nothing but improve the songs anyways. The 2016 lineup improved songs we've already heard....they can do it with songs we haven't heard.

They took the title track back to its 2001 roots. Maybe they'll do the same with CD II. I'll take that over the 2007-08 cluster fucking of the material any day of the week.

I always wanted to hear CD II how it was originally intended. It just wasn't in the cards. Hell, we never got to hear the real CD either.

My prediction....

A new GH or Best of this fall with 1-2 new songs and a new album in summer/fall 2017.

-Adolf Hitler

#2263 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:23 AM

https://twitter.com/...660023395254273

I'm hoping that is Axl's reaction to Slash telling him "Well, we just wrapped up CDII while you did this AC/DC tour. Now let's cherry pick a single for the summer tour". :P

-Adolf Hitler

#2264 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

THE CULT has been announced as NOLA openers. May have to reconsider going as this is the flip of the show I saw back in the 80s.

#iThing #word
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#2265 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

https://www.mixcloud...s-better-remix/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users