41 replies to this topic

#1 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

For political stories that don't really deserve too much attention (or their own thread)!

This peach from my gloriously retarded home-state!

http://www.economist...ias_legislature

Second Thoughts With A Magic Marker (see the actual bills in the link if you must)

Mar 7th 2011, 15:11 by J.F. | ATLANTA

HERE is a fun Monday morning graphic for you. One of the loonier bills to come out of this year's legislative session in Georgia was introduced last Monday by Mark Hatfield, a conservative from south Georgia (from Waycross, in fact, home of one of the south's best barbecue contests, but that's for another post). It would require all presidential candidates who wish to be on the ballot in Georgia to provide certified copies of their long-form birth certificate. Mr Hatfield insisted that the bill is not about Barack Obama. Of course not. Perish the thought. In any event, he managed to get 93 of his colleagues (92 of them Republican) to sign on to the bill. You can see their signatures in the image of the bill posted above.

Two days later, David Ralston, speaker of Georgia's House (and like Mr Hatfield, a Republican), mentioned that he believes Mr Obama is "the duly elected president" and that there are "a lot of big issues that need to come to the floor". Also, Mr Hatfield's bill was moving forward as the Georgia Ports Authority was pressing the White House for funding for the Port of Savannah (a necessary route, given that Congressional Republicans swore off earmarks, a previous source of funding) and for transportation. Given that 93 of Mr Ralston's 180 colleagues had put their signatures on the bill he could not dismiss it outright. So he promised a full and robust discussion...in committee. Late the next day, out came the magic marker. First to strike was John Meadows, head of the Rules Committee: it determines what bills come to the floor. More followed.

#2 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

I've often thought of creating my own "fucked up stuff from Indiana" thread, just to post weird local stories. Perhaps you should to the same for GA.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Back in the usenet days, arrmo had a Georgia theme for weird state stories - idea was to out-Georgia Georgia. Of course most of y'all have no idea what arrmo is, but anyway..... :D
Show me your dragon magic

#4 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hell, here in Fuckedupistan, the legislators are attempting to pass one of the most stringent anti-immigration laws in the country... surpassing even what Arizona did. Fortunately though, I live in one of the most progressive cities in the state; we recently elected an openly gay mayor for the first time and it is an "open city". If the migrants have to leave here, our horse industry and other farming could collapse, but the fucktards in Frankfort are too fucktarded to realize the implications of their stoopidness.

#5 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

I've often thought of creating my own "fucked up stuff from Indiana" thread, just to post weird local stories. Perhaps you should to the same for GA.

Feel free to add "fucked up stuff from Indiana" right here!

#6 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Back in the usenet days, arrmo had a Georgia theme for weird state stories - idea was to out-Georgia Georgia. Of course most of y'all have no idea what arrmo is, but anyway..... :D

I now completely understand that is is virtually impossible to out-Georgia Georgia, except for parts of rural Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. And no, I have absolutely no idea what armo is. I thought it may be a homo army?

#7 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

I thought it may be a homo army?

Close but without the fisting and killing foreigners part.

#8 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

It is DEFINITELY a home army!
Sister burn the temple

#9 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

It is gay though.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#10 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

It is gay though.

I blame it on the schools

#11 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

It is gay though.

I blame it on the schools

Kevin Jennings blah blah .....

#12 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

Alaska-tics.

Sex outside marriage should be illegal

Morality police much!
Gov. Sean Parnell's appointee for the panel that nominates state judges testified Wednesday that he would like to see Alaskans prosecuted for having sex outside of marriage.

#13 emeraldmaiden

emeraldmaiden

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

Alaska-tics.

Morality police much!
Gov. Sean Parnell's appointee for the panel that nominates state judges testified Wednesday that he would like to see Alaskans prosecuted for having sex outside of marriage.

Look out, Bristol!

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

Alaska-tics.

Morality police much!

Supreme court already ruled that the state has no place in the bedroom of consenting adults (Eisenstadt v. Baird) and that the morality of a politicians isn't reason enough to prohibit a sexual act between consenting adults (Lawrence v. Texas). Such a law has literally no chance of succeeding. Why do they do these things?

I should move to Alaska, found a little town called Marriage, AK, and corner the Alaskan sex-tourism industry!
Sister burn the temple

#15 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

"I have two grandchildren -- Maggie is 11, Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American." --Newt before a bunch of fundagelicals Sunday night

http://www.politico....0311/52023.html

WTF? A secular atheist country dominated by radical Islamists???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users